Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I spoke with T-Mo today they said that they werent going to habe the Treo 600 ever. I think that they are just confused.. but who knows.

And, yes I saw that they have the 600 on the T-Mo web site but the rep insisted that they arent selling it, they are just activating it. He also said that Handspring was the place to go.
    The T-Mo rep also said that they are now out of all Handspring products, so they have no more inventory.
    I asked about the MDA II phone, but he didnt even know what I was talking about..

So, I spoke with Handspring and they said that they are now looking towards the end of January to release the T-Mo phone, and then after that they will release the unlocked, unbranded phone.

And, no I dont know if the T-Mo Treo 600 will be locked.

I am super frustrated by this situation and I think that I will put treocentral.com and handspring.com web sites in my "Restricted SItes" in my browser so I stop looking for this darn thing.

Ugh!
    We just took delivery of a partial order of T-mo 600s direct from T-mo for new corporate accounts. Partial because we were told that they didn't have enough inventory.
  3.    #3  
    Fundamentally the question is; If I dont want to buy 12 units, how can I by a Treo 600 from T-Mo?

BTW, how much did you pay per unit for these phones?

Thx-
    My company changed to T-Mobile with the understanding that we would have the Treo 600s in December - still no Treos and no real date in sight - we've been using some little free Samsung phones until the Treos show up which I'm beginning to think never will. At this rate we might as well wait for the next version.

But it was very misleading to let us change our phone service not tell us of the probloem and then have to use temporary phones instead of the ones we wanted. My old phone was a lot better than the one I'm using now.
    I think there may be some confusion based on the symantics of what people are saying. Here's what I have learned through much research:

Tmo may not sell the T600's directly ever, meaning, you cannot go to Tmo's site or a Tmo specific store and pick up a T600.

HOWEVER, Tmo WILL support the T600, meaning you can go to Handspring's site and buy a Tmo branded T600, or you can go to a Tmo authorized "indirect" reseller (like those cell phone kiosks in the mall) and get a T600. Everything will work for Tmo, but the product is not goiing through Tmo's supply chain.

I spoke to a Tmo CSR and she read me what sounded like and internal memo stating that the consumer launch of the "Handspring" (PalmOne) T600 will begin on Feb 2. I have seen this date posted by other users as well, and fwiw, I whole-heartedly believe that Feb 2 will be THE day (I can't cope with life anymore without believeing this is true, I've waited too long). I know for a fact (read multiple threads on this site and had it confirmed by the Tmo CSR, so I'm accepting it as fact) that Tmo T600's already exist and people are happily using them on the Tmo network as we speak (and not just unlocked Cing T600s). Tmo's corporate accounts have already been delivered their Tmo T600s.

The confusion is Tmo won't handle the T600s, but they will support them and HS will relase Tmo branded (or at least compatible- possibly unlocked) T600s.

Who's with me?
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus

I know for a fact (read multiple threads on this site and had it confirmed by the Tmo CSR, so I'm accepting it as fact) that Tmo T600's already exist and people are happily using them on the Tmo network as we speak (and not just unlocked Cing T600s). Tmo's corporate accounts have already been delivered their Tmo T600s.

The confusion is Tmo won't handle the T600s, but they will support them and HS will relase Tmo branded (or at least compatible- possibly unlocked) T600s.

Who's with me?
    I'm with you. I am using one of the 'corporate' Treo 600s now and the Feb 2nd date would fit with a speculative date for the rest of our shipment.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Originally posted by MoseGiganticus
    Tmo may not sell the T600's directly ever, meaning, you cannot go to Tmo's site or a Tmo specific store and pick up a T600.

HOWEVER, Tmo WILL support the T600, meaning you can go to Handspring's site and buy a Tmo branded T600, or you can go to a Tmo authorized "indirect" reseller (like those cell phone kiosks in the mall) and get a T600. Everything will work for Tmo, but the product is not goiing through Tmo's supply chain.

... Tmo T600's already exist and people are happily using them on the Tmo network as we speak (and not just unlocked Cing T600s). Tmo's corporate accounts have already been delivered their Tmo T600s.

Who's with me?
    I'm with you in that I REALLY hope 2/2 is a realistic date - like you, I'm fed up to the back teeth waiting for one of these things.

But what explains the points you make in your post? Why would T-Mo not handle the 600, when the other carriers are? And if it's ready for corporate roll out, why not retail? All this stuff about incompatibilities between the 600 and T-Mo's network can't explain that discrepancy.

'course, I won't give a damn if I can get my hands on one come 2/2!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I got the same reply from T-Mobile via email. The rep also knew that the Treo 600 was already available for corporate customers, which makes me hope she knows what she's talking about.

I'm getting pretty impatient myself, as my over-2-year-old Treo 180 is getting a little long in the tooth.
    Why are you all waiting for the T Mobile edition ?

I have had 5 prior phones (all top end phones/pda's) on my TMo service.

None of these phones were ever offered by TMo, and they all worked fine. Including my "Cingular" T600 that I am using now.

You are basically waiting for some branded functions that will have no bearing on the actual operation.

TMo Data service and tier 2 reps honor all T600 requests at present time.
    Originally posted by taximan
    Er - how about $499 vs. $699?
    Originally posted by Visor_1

Er - how about $499 vs. $699?
    oops - meant $399
    Waiting for T-Mo was not really in the plans for most of us. In fact, I think most of us think that the network compatability issue is allot of bunk. However, we were all led to beleive that the T-Mo 600 was right aruond the corner...and the next corner ....and the next corner.

In the mean time, the trade-in/trade-up deals that were given to Sprint, Cingular, and ATT&T went by while we were being promised something that would work seamlessly with our existing phone accounts or intended usage plans.

Right or wrong in those assumptions...we are all stuck waiting to pay $399 for something that is going for damn near if not more than $600 on ebay and other sources.

nuf said.

Skigs
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    I'm mighty glad I passed on the Treo 600. I like my Nokia 3650 with T-Mobile USA service. If you.re fed up with T-Mobile how about switching to Sprint?
    Virtuous
  14.    #14  
    So I hedged my bets.

My contract with AT&T is up in 2 weeks and I bought the Sprint Treo 600 from Amazon for $250 (after rebates). It wont ship until March 1st (earliest), so I am still hoping to get the TMo version (and cancel the Amazon order), but one way or the other I am going to have this phone by Mid-March.

Stay tuned as the saga continues...
    I'll be the first to tell you that Tmo is pissing me off by waiting so long on the T600, but, as far as their service goes - I am nothing bu satisfied.

I considered switching from Tmo to Sprint just to get the T600 sooner, but in my indepth research, i was convinced to stay with Tmo.

To have comparable data and talk time on sprint's service I would have to pay $70, where as I was only paying $60 on Tmo. That would cover national roaming, unlimited data, a hefty handful of daytime minutes and unlimited nights and weekends.

Sprint can only cover me in a Sprint PCS area, which is most just major cities. I do a lot of traveling into more rural areas and Sprint can't even touch them. Tmo isn't fool proof, but looking at Sprint's PCS map- it wasn't gonna fly for me.

As far as service goes, and I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will swear against this statement, I have never heard of so many unsatisfied customers than with Sprint's coverage. I've worked with Cell phone services off and on for the past 7 years and as a a provider, Sprint consistely has the higher number of people I've heard say their coverage sucks (despite what the AT&T offical complaint rate says). I can honestly say I've never heard anyone seriously complaint about Tmo's coverage (within reason, you shouldn't expect coverage if your in the middle of Lake Superior). And so far I've been happy with Tmo's coverage.

Next is GSm compatibility. I love teh fact that I can pop my SIM card out of my phone and immediately be using another phone. Plus the SIM card can save your phone numbers (excellent feature), plus you can use it internationally, plus I hear (but haven't confirmed) that the GPRS system has the capability to be faster than the PCS system as far as data rates. I say "has the capability to" because it owuld of course depend on your signal stregnth.

So these are the reasons why I decided to stick it out with Tmo. I really couldn't find one reason to switch to sprint other than they already have the T600 (but are always out of stock anyway).

Any thoughts, comments, criticisms welcomed...
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    It would be a pleasant surprise for T-Mobile to be 1st in the US to sell a hot new GSM smartphone such as the Treo 600 or Sony Ericsson P900.
    Virtuous
    Handspring/palmOne has changed the wording on their web page. It now reads:

== "...We currently plan to begin taking pre-orders for T-Mobile
    == in mid-February and expect to start shipping in early March..."
    Originally posted by taximan

I have had 5 prior phones (all top end phones/pda's) on my TMo service.

None of these phones were ever offered by TMo, and they all worked fine. Including my "Cingular" T600 that I am using now.

You are basically waiting for some branded functions that will have no bearing on the actual operation.

TMo Data service and tier 2 reps honor all T600 requests at present time.
    I'm not waiting for any branded functions at all. I'm waiting for the $399 upgrade price, and the best price for data of any GSM carrier. That and I already have an existing TMO plan. I have only had a good experience with their service and support (other than this unreasonable wait for them to release the treo 600).
    SeldomVisitor is right. I called both Handspring and Tmo to point out their conflicting stories to them, and they both said more or less "well, gee... I'm not sure what to tell you" Tmo said 2/2, HS says mid feb, shipping in March! that's unacceptible (unless they plan to offer the rumored T610)!

GGGGGRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

I gave the brunt of my frustration to T-mo because they are the ones draggin their heels. I've threatened to drop their service over this twice. Last time they credited me a month on my bill and this time they gave me 50 bonus roll-over minutes (good for 90 days).

Here's my plan. Everyone who is as frustrated as I am with how Tmo is treating us, please call Customer Service, complain, threated to switch carriers (that's the CSR's cue to offer you some incentive to stay, eg credits and bonus minutes) and request that the CSR you talk to mention your frustration, and the Tmo/Treo community's frustration over their failure to provide this phone to their manager. If you can get a supervisor on the phone, all the better. I want to see this issue get up the ladder.

Here's Tmo's number: 1-800-937-8997

Let's start a customer riot here. Once Tmo sees they just creditsed 50 people a month's service, they may take a closer look at what they're doing.

Organize and overcome!
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Handspring/palmOne has changed the wording on their web page. It now reads:

== "...We currently plan to begin taking pre-orders for T-Mobile
    == in mid-February and expect to start shipping in early March..."
    Where do you see that on the HS web site???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast