1.    #1  
    I just got an email from my T-Mobile rep stating that T-Mobile will definitely have about 400 units available to ship Monday for new activations only. Now this repeats the same scenario that occurred back on 12/29, so take this with a grain of salt. It seems legit, but one can only wonder if this will really happen given all the false hopes and starts in the past with T-Mobile. Units must be activated with a plan of $39.99 or higher, and $19.99 data plan.
    shf
    My understanding is that was for corporate customers only - retail would be handled solely through Handspring ....

but what do I know?
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Letter from Tmobile Corp. Rep. received today:

Hello All sorry that i didnt get back to many of you as of yet, but the truth i didnt
    feel that the 12-29- 2003 date will come through. NOW. here is the deal.
    T-Mobile will get aprox 400 units for the business channel for now ( i have
    orders for over 500 myself) now since this is the group that contacted me
    for the most recent news i am giving you the priority over the others. im
    including 2 different service agreements with this email. Personal liability
    and business liability. please fill out the personal/ business information
    box and email it back to me ASAP. these units are shipping monday Jan 12th
    2004. via 2 day fedex shipping.

Please note that since the service agreements ask for sensitive info, ie
    Social security, DL, DOB, business tax ID, many of you will not be
    comfortable with this. all i can tell you is if i dont have that info, i
    will not be able to process your order, even if you are an existing
    customer. MY REP AGENT CODE is DELETED . i work out of the business sales
    office at DELETED . use this info to verify my
    identity with customer service. but please make sure that i get the service
    agreement filled out and sent back to me no later than Midnight on Saturday,
    Jan 10th 2004

If you need any further assistance please contact me at my direct line DELETED . ALSO. WE WILL ONLY PROCESS ORDERS FOR NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY. WITH
    THE MINIMUM OF $39.99 PLAN AND $19.99 UNLIMITED INTERNET PLAN COMBINATION.
    <<1-03 SERVICE AGREEMENT.doc>>

Thank You
    DELETED
    No good deed goes unpunished
    ! copied my reply from another thread to this post as follows:
    treo600 on monday!!
    Just got off the phone with T-mo corporate accounts(4:30pm CST, Fri 1/9). they called after I filled out the corporate on-line form on t-mobiles website. they called within 15 minutes, took my info said my phone, porting, etc., should be done by Monday. 200 phones coming in. . . first come, first served. Aside from being duly excited, I was impressed by the speed of their response to the on-line form. Thanx to y'all for keeping everyone up to date!! Happy Hunting!!
    I didn't get a date, but I finally got a straight answer on what the delay was. I assume you guys know, but it was nice to get an answer.
    Originally posted by Typo Lad
    I didn't get a date, but I finally got a straight answer on what the delay was. I assume you guys know, but it was nice to get an answer.
    What answer did you get? All I got was the official statement of not synching properly with the T-Mobile network. I kind of suspect that is true but not the whole truth.

FYI, I'll post here when I get confirmation of shipment.
    Allegedly, there was an issue sending MMS over T-Mobile's network. This is according to a Tier 2 guy who was replacing my Treo 270.
    Originally posted by Typo Lad
    Allegedly, there was an issue sending MMS over T-Mobile's network. This is according to a Tier 2 guy who was replacing my Treo 270.
    Interesting - I wonder if any of our regular readers here who are using Cingular phones on the T-Mobile network can comment?
    I've only tested sending, not receiving MMS but as far as I've used it (not much) it has worked. Just used the camera to take a picture, tapped Send, added a text message, and sent it to my email address.

No probs here...
    according to my T-mo corporate acct rep, delivery of my treo600 is 2 days away, ported #, etc. Thanx to y'all for the info. i'll keep you informed.
    Was there any word on when handspring will begin sell T-mobile Treo 600s?
    Originally posted by screwtinize
    according to my T-mo corporate acct rep, delivery of my treo600 is 2 days away, ported #, etc. Thanx to y'all for the info. i'll keep you informed.
    My rep said that part of our order is shipping now (10 of 14).
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

Interesting - I wonder if any of our regular readers here who are using Cingular phones on the T-Mobile network can comment?
    MMS worked fine for me using Cingular Treo over T-mobile network.
    No good deed goes unpunished