1.    #1  
    I just recently switched from Cingular to T-Mobile service on my T600. I've also recently upgraded to 2.09 firmware. All is well, but I have a concern/question about the way I get notified of voicemails. With Cingular, a screen would pop up telling me I had voicemail and I could either listen or ignore it. It would also show the little "tape" symbol (the same one that is on the #1 key on the on-screen dialpad) next to the signal strength indicator until I had cleared out my voicemail.

With T-Mobile, I get a text message indicating I have a voicemail instead of the screen that popped up in Cingular. I guess I would prefer the Cingular screen, because it was very easy to either hit "listen" or "ignore" and deal with the message right away, but I supposed I can live with the text messages. What bothers me even more is that the little "tape" voicemail indicator no longers appears by the signal strength indicator, so if I choose to ignore the text message and don't check voicemail right away, it's very easy to forget that I have voicemail because there is nothing to remind me of it.

Is this typical for people who have T-Mobile service? Has anyone found a way to bring back the voicemail indicator? My life isn't the same without it.

However, I must say overall I am very pleased with the switch to T-Mobile. It's nice to be able to use email and the web and not worry about what Cingular was going to charge me.
    It seems to depend on where in T-Mo's coverage area you are, which kind of notification you receive. I'm also a T-Mo customer, and I get exactly what you described as having gotten from Sprint. I get a popup screen showing missed call or voicemail, and a little envelope icon at the top.
    With T-Mobile, I get a text message indicating I have a voicemail instead of the screen that popped up in Cingular. I guess I would prefer the Cingular screen, because it was very easy to either hit "listen" or "ignore" and deal with the message right away, but I supposed I can live with the text messages. What bothers me even more is that the little "tape" voicemail indicator no longers appears by the signal strength indicator, so if I choose to ignore the text message and don't check voicemail right away, it's very easy to forget that I have voicemail because there is nothing to remind me of it.

Is this typical for people who have T-Mobile service? Has anyone found a way to bring back the voicemail indicator? My life isn't the same without it./B]
    In my area (Southern Colorado) I also get a text message indicating that I have a voicemail, I too would prefer to have a popup with a reminder.

There has been several occasions where I deleted a text voicemail reminder, and then promptly forgotten about a pending voicemail in the midst of some other distraction. It has been suggested that the type of reminder is tied to the area your in, which makes sense to me. It is definetely not a factor of the firmware upgrade, I had exactly the same voicemail notification behaviour with Cingular V2.03 and International V2.09 of the firmware.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 01/08/2004 at 07:53 PM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    I like the way T-Mo's system is set up. I get the text message telling me how many new voicemails I have. Until I clear the alert, it keeps bugging me every few minutes.

I also noticed that when I have call forwarding activated, I have a little green forwarding arrow at the top of the phone screen. That's a nice feature.

However, my screen shows "LINE 1" on my caller ID picture when someone calls me. The "LINE 1" is usually right in someone's face. I wish there was a way to get rid of that.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Originally posted by Prismatic

In my area (Southern Colorado) I also get a text message indicating that I have a voicemail
    Ditto in So Cal. still on 2.02.
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
    I'm in PA and on my T-mobile Treo 180 it only sends me a text message when I have voicemail. I have clicked "ok" to get rid of the message and promptly forgot about retrieving the message on many many occasions! It's a bit of a pain not having anything remind you its there or a notification symbol on screen. I was hoping this would be different with the Treo 600, but since I still don't have one I don't know. Judging by this thread, the behavoir is dependant on where exactly you're located? Hmm.

Guess this is a "wait and see" for me. Doing a lot of waiting lately in regards to this phone...