Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For all of us poor souls still waiting for T-Mobile to officially carry the Treo 600... I feel your pain.

I wrote a letter to T-Mobile asking about the status the other day and just received an email that basically repeats what other members on this forum have received as well.

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. We did have a
    tentative release date of 11/22/03 for the Treo 600. However, this date has
    been pushed back. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact date for this
    handsets release. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may
    have caused.

If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free
    to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.

Anyway, I hope this can be a thread for any T-Mobile Treo 600 related updates and info. Thanks and Happy New Year!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    I recently inquired of T-Mo as well, and asked them about the availability of the Treo 600 and the MDA II. If you havent seen the MDA II yet, it is really sweet too.

Anyway, here is the reply that I received which confirms that they will be offering the Treo 600 but seems to indicate that the MDA II is a "definite maybe". Atleast they will release the Treo 600.. but I wish they would tell us *when* !!

---
    We understand your frustration with this issue. However, we simply do
    not have any target dates to release for either device. At this time,
    we do know that we will have the Handspring Treo device in the future.
    As for the MDA II, we have no information on this device at all. We
    will not be able to tell you when or even if we will release this device.
    Once again, we apologize for any inconvenience that this issue may
    cause.

If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free
    to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.
    Sincerely,

T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    ---
    ?? people are selling tmobile boxed MDA II

just try and google or froogle search.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...Search+Froogle

looks very pricey. I would miss the keyboard from the treo, but it does have bluetooth.

from the sites I checked, looks like they are getting them from europe.
    If it matters - the CEO of palmOne said in a just-completed analyst presentation that both T-Mobile and Verizon compatible TREO 600s would be sold "soon".

No, that does NOT mean those two carriers will themselves be selling or carrying inventory - just means that devices compatible with their networks will be available.
  5.    #5  
    That is good news all in all, though they are still hiding behind the ambiguous time frame "soon." I just wish they could give us a clear estimation.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    I'm with Ray.

This is the first mention I've heard of Verizon though. Since ditching my Sprint T600 back in Nov, I've been holding out for T-Mobile (my current carrier). If the T600 come out on Verizon at the same time as T-Mobile, I'm switching to Verizon.
    Originally posted by doyouflip
    I'm with Ray.

This is the first mention I've heard of Verizon though. Since ditching my Sprint T600 back in Nov, I've been holding out for T-Mobile (my current carrier). If the T600 come out on Verizon at the same time as T-Mobile, I'm switching to Verizon.

Take a hard look at their data plan first!
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

Take a hard look at their data plan first!
    I would love the Treo 600 on Verizon.

Verizon has a wonderful national network.
    I had a 7135 on Verizon. Initially, I had the PDA Data plan (unlimited for $45/mo).

Later, i changed to the Minutes Used Data Plan. I had a fast internet connection, and I was charged for each minute used out of my voice minutes. The plan was perfect for me only using the phone to check email when away from my PC. I rarely used other internet access.

I only gave up the service and the plan because I was about to move to one of the few cities without Verizon Service. I could roam there on Sprint, but not have a primary number or service there. When roaming, internet access, voice mail, and SMS did not work (because i was using the Sprint Network) I was not charged a roaming fee for voice since I had a national plan.
    $45 a month is a long way from T-Mobiles' $19.95 (or even free for T-zones access) or Sprints $15. Neither of which use your minutes.
    Originally posted by john4sure
    As for the MDA II, we have no information on this device at all. We will not be able to tell you when or even if we will release this device.
    Our T-Mo National Account rep said that they were working with another vendor for their next PocketPC Phone. Glad to see that sorta-verified here.

FWIW, I'm a huge fan of T-Mo's $19.99/Unlimited Data plan. I was on Verizon using their "Minutes Used Data" plan, but ... I used too many minutes. That, plus incoming calls are sent to voicemail while connect to Verizon/Sprint's networks. That was killing me too. I just wish T-Mo's network wasn't 2x-3x as slow.
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo
    $45 a month is a long way from T-Mobiles' $19.95 (or even free for T-zones access) or Sprints $15. Neither of which use your minutes.
    To clarify...

The $45/mo is for unlimited data, and does not use minutes.

The other plan, uses your minutes for data calls, based upon time connected. No extra charges.
    I think his point was that Verizon charges $45/mo for unlimited data when T-Mo only charges $20/mo and Sprint charges $15/mo.
    Originally posted by aristobrat
    I think his point was that Verizon charges $45/mo for unlimited data when T-Mo only charges $20/mo and Sprint charges $15/mo.
    Yep, that was my point. And, if you are willing to accept the limitations of T-Zones and have a big enough voice plan, you can even get free unlimited data on T-Mobile. (though, of course, a much slower connection than Sprint or Edge).
    Have u any experience with Cingular? I mean which carrier is the best? I am thinking of buying a Treo 600 but I need the GSM version (it must work in Europe) and I have heard good things about T-mobile but the wait drives me nuts. AT&T seems to have a rotten reputation on the customer service side and Cingular not much better, or..?
    What you want to compare is the data plans. Only Sprint and T-Mobile have economical unlimited data plans (IMHO). Frankly, I don't want to have to count megabytes so I'd only consider those carriers. Since Sprint is not GSM, that leaves just T-Mobile for you.
    Just have to keep waiting for the T-mobile guys to get the show on the road then, I guess...
    I just went out and got myself a TMo account - got the free phone and popped the TMO SIM into my Cingular (aka Unlocked!) T600. Works great so far.

After I'm sure that the voice calls are stable and clear (and not subject to that "sick fax"-like screech that has been the topic of another thread around here), I'm dumpin' Cingular after 7 years as a customer.

Turns out TMo has a Regional plan - 3000 anytime minutes for 49.99 a month! That beats the heck outta Cingular right there.

Then its sign up for the Data plan - 19.95/mo unlimited - yeehaw! Well, it is exciting since I had just asked Cingular what their plan was like and unlimited data was a whopping EIGHTY dollars a month. That's more than my business DSL! Of course, they have lesser plans for lesser dollars, but who wants to pay 6.99 for 1mb per month?

Speed? at this point, I'll take TMo. Cingular couldn't be better. Sprint is pretty poor service in LA, and Verizon? Never again. Don't ask.
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
    Originally posted by Matthew
    I just went out and got myself a TMo account - got the free phone and popped the TMO SIM into my Cingular (aka Unlocked!) T600. Works great so far.

After I'm sure that the voice calls are stable and clear (and not subject to that "sick fax"-like screech that has been the topic of another thread around here), I'm dumpin' Cingular after 7 years as a customer.

Turns out TMo has a Regional plan - 3000 anytime minutes for 49.99 a month! That beats the heck outta Cingular right there.

Then its sign up for the Data plan - 19.95/mo unlimited - yeehaw! Well, it is exciting since I had just asked Cingular what their plan was like and unlimited data was a whopping EIGHTY dollars a month. That's more than my business DSL! Of course, they have lesser plans for lesser dollars, but who wants to pay 6.99 for 1mb per month?

Speed? at this point, I'll take TMo. Cingular couldn't be better. Sprint is pretty poor service in LA, and Verizon? Never again. Don't ask.

prime example why people who missed the $399 deal with cingular are still waiting for tmo. people like me
    Ok, I know this board is inundated with "insider tips", some are great and some are just frustrating so take this next bit for what you see, I offer nothing more than what you read. I got a hold of an internal memo from T-Mobile from my "source" (nods to Hump). I have copied parts of it for your reading and discussion pleasure. This memo was dated December 22nd. (hey, wasn't that the last rumor date???)

"Reminder - Upcoming Launch of the Handspring Treo 600
    T-Mobile is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of the Handspring Treo 600. The device will be sold exclusively through Handspringís online distribution, allowing Treo customers to Get More. The launch is expected for January 2004. "

I think we have all heard THAT song before....<said in an appropriately cynical tone>

Also in the same memo:
    "Frequently Asked Questions:
    Q: Will T-Mobile stores and Dealers have access to sell the device?
    A: No. At launch, customers may only purchase this device from Handspring.com.
    Q: What happens if a customer inquires about obtaining a Treo 600?
    A: Direct them to the T-Mobile website at www.t-mobile.com <http://www.t-mobile.com>, from there they will be able to purchase the device directly from Handspring.
    Q: What about support?
    A: T-Mobile will support the customer when it comes to network services, billing, and minor hardware issues. All other support will be handled by Handspring. Customers should contact T-Mobile Customer Care for all issues. Care will then transfer the call to Handspring if necessary.
    Q: What about upgrades?
    A: At this time customers must upgrade their device through www.handspring.com <http://www.handspring.com>. Existing Treo customers can take advantage of a limited time offer that allows them to upgrade to a Treo 600 and receive $100 instant rebate off the purchase price. "

So what I am getting from this is that Handspring will soon (hopefully) offer the 600 for T-Mobile with the up-graders discount on their site and will handle most of the retail chain in the beginning. This echoís many other threads, sorry to be redundant.
    The rest of what I have to add is just guesswork, innuendo and supposition, which there is more than enough of already on this board, so I'll keep my opinions to myself.

Ok, good readers, let the games begin. I expect this rumor will be thoroughly dissected and this thread to reach the 50 reply mark before I check again at 5pm. Have fun.

BTW, in spite of my cynical tone, this is real information, I just canít resist an audience as you might have guessed.
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast