Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Originally posted by sir_mycroft

Yes, thank you, I was talking about t-mobile. Do you also happen to know if I choose not to go for the unlimited data rate, can I still use the GPRS connection with my regular minutes? And at what cost?
    GPRS does not take away from your minutes usage! In order to use GPRS, you must be signed up for some sort of service, whether it be WAP or unlimited data and the like.

You can't use GPRS against your minutes usage, they are two different protocols.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Originally posted by Stanward

GPRS does not take away from your minutes usage! In order to use GPRS, you must be signed up for some sort of service, whether it be WAP or unlimited data and the like.

You can't use GPRS against your minutes usage, they are two different protocols.

Stan
    So, from T-mobile (if I don't want to use WAP) it is either their $20 unlimited data rate, or nothing at all? Or is there a "per use" rate?

So, from T-mobile (if I don't want to use WAP) it is either their $20 unlimited data rate, or nothing at all? Or is there a "per use" rate?
    You have to ask the TMobile Sales Rep if there is a lower plan to go with, like a $5.99 for 2MB a month or something like that. There was a plan that had 2MB a month and you pay so much extra per MB used.

I don't remember what the rate was, or if they have that still.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]

They do or did have lower gprs rates, but gave you less mb for that.

You can also try to set up your phone to call your isp and log on that way.

I did this before t-mo release the unlimited plan on the 270, but no longer do it. This way it will be taking away from your minutes.

You might try t-zone which depending on who you are talking to is either free or cost little. I have used it to send mail when my gprs was down.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    To add yet-another-CSR-report to this gigantic thread, the PalmONE guy I just spoke too said the following exactly:

Not Locked:

I asked him this 3 times, 3 different questions, all the same reasult: not locked. So que Tyler Durden "Thats 3 times you promised me Handspring.."

Faster w/ TMobile

He said pretty much "They havn't told us why its faster, just that is is. Thats all we have to go on." No doubt TMobile's lying their *** off for some reason, but in any case, thats the offical word.

No TZones Blazer Lockin

After looking at my friends T610 with its near useless broswer, i was worried that Tmobile would do some nasty stuff to Blazer. Thankfully this doesn't seem to be the case.

So, i'm keeping my ordere for a TMobile. Hopefully, It'll arrive for my birthday in April, which will be exactly 2 years to the date since my first 180. (There's been at least 5 more replacements since then, thank you TMobile.)
    -- Go Illini!
    Originally posted by jaytee

what is the source of your rumor? or is it unsubstantiated?
    Was wondering the same myself. Everything on their site said they'd be taking pre-orders mid February and shipping early March....

http://www.handspring.com/support/sp...ping_msg.jhtml
  7.    #107  
    T-MOBILE AND UNBRANDED GSM TREO 600 SHIPPING!

Just got off the phone with PalmOne and the CSR said that the T-Mobile and unbranded GSM Treo 600s have started shipping! Should be less than 7-10 days till the first pre-orders are received!

Hallelujah!! Can I get a witness?
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    T-MOBILE AND UNBRANDED GSM TREO 600 SHIPPING!

Just got off the phone with PalmOne and the CSR said that the T-Mobile and unbranded GSM Treo 600s have started shipping! Should be less than 7-10 days till the first pre-orders are received!

Hallelujah!! Can I get a witness?
    Got home from work, read the other thread on order statuses being changed to "Credit Card Approved", and checked my own. Same thing. Got a little excited.

Saw this thread, called Handspring. Talked to a very bored-sounding CSR who said nothing was shipping until the 1st of March. Not so excited.

For some odd reason, checked order status again. In the last hour, it changed to "Awaiting Shipment". Now schizophrenic.
    with the upgrade...is it possible to take the offer without signing on for a tmo contract?

just the phone itself...say month to month even but no contract?
  10.    #110  
    If you have a valid Treo serial number, you can order just the GSM Treo 600, unbranded, unlocked for the $399 upgrade price.

Last night, my order status went from "Approving Credit Card" to "Credit Card Approved" and now reads "Awaiting Shipment." The CSR said I should have it before the end of Feb.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456