Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    just got my fedex tracking # for 2 day delivery (wednesday 1/14). porting is in the works its just a matter of waiting on verizon to hand my # over to T-mo.
    Looks like over in the Hardware forum a few people have stated they've gotten their orders. Good to hear! Now we just have to wait and see what they all say as far as any changes
  3.    #43  
    Man, my phone is just barely hanging on to dear life as well... Hope T-Mobile hurries up with the Treo 600! I can't wait much longer. I don't think we'll see anything till mid February though.

Geez! What's going on with this company??
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    2:10 pm CST and my treo600 just got delivered at home. Course I'm at work for another 3 hrs. Oh well, waited this long, aside from torture whats another 3 hrs?
    Originally posted by screwtinize
    2:10 pm CST and my treo600 just got delivered at home. Course I'm at work for another 3 hrs. Oh well, waited this long, aside from torture whats another 3 hrs?
    Only the longest 3 hrs of your life.

Tell 'em you don't feel well and want to go home.

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
    unfortunately, I'm the boss so I can't even fire me for any good (or not good) reason
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

Sprint does have the cheapest full internet / unlimited data plan though t-mo is not far behind at $19.95 (but at a slower speed). However, t-mo has a limited capability t-zones plan with unlimited data that is actually free with some voice plans. Do a search of the forum for t-zones for details. AT&T and Verizon's plans are obscene.
    Does anyone know if T-Mobile's free but limited T-Zones plan is enough to enable Snappermail to send and receive e-mail on a Treo 600? If so, I'll skip the full Internet access, because Internet e-mail is all I really need. That'll save me just about $240 per year.
    hmm...
    Important Business Meeting
    Executive Delegation
    Supplies run

Any of that fly? Even if you do find out about you slackin off?
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

hmm is right, but what if i have to discipline me, ya think the T600 can handle me sending me a disclipinary e-mail for me slacking off. Oh god, now the 3 hrs will seem even longer, just waitin to fire me!
    Originally posted by screwtinize
    hmm is right, but what if i have to discipline me, ya think the T600 can handle me sending me a disclipinary e-mail for me slacking off. Oh god, now the 3 hrs will seem even longer, just waitin to fire me!

communications enablement

B.S., Inc. 100% buzzword compliant since 1892.

11.    #51  
    Well, my Sprint phone is just about dead so I went ahead and signed up an account with T-Mobile and got the free phone. When the Treo 600 is released (hopefully with the $399 T-Mobile upgrade deal), I will switch my card to the new Treo phone and keep my free one as a backup. Hope it becomes available soon dammit!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    NY Times article today says:

"The $400 TREO 600 from Palm One has received good reviews since it was introduced in October. It is offered through AT&T Wireless, Cingular and Sprint; T-Mobile plans to offer it within two weeks. "

Let's hope that's an accurate quote from tmo.
    Wow, got my T-mo Treo 600phone wednesday and hadn't had time to log back on. this phone reminds me of Adobe Photoshop.. . the more you jack with it the more you keep finding. Corporate response from t-mo was really good and now I'm off to the races. cases, accesories etc, I'm already prowling the other chat rooms. Thanx to y'all I bought the Reason earpiece, I haven't had time to even take it outta the box. Happy Hunting to all!!
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I have my Treo. I charged it up last Thursday and have been loading different apps. My phone number is still waiting to be ported to Sprint. THAT'S supposed to happen next Tuesday at 8:40 PM EST. 'Til then, I can't comment on Web performance, etc. Otherwise, the phone is amazing.
    Originally posted by Treo_addict

Does anyone know if T-Mobile's free but limited T-Zones plan is enough to enable Snappermail to send and receive e-mail on a Treo 600? If so, I'll skip the full Internet access, because Internet e-mail is all I really need. That'll save me just about $240 per year.
    Yes, T-Zones is all you need for SnapperMail.
    I was talking to TMO's wireless data group this afternoon and they lady told me that February 2nd is when Handspring.com will be taking pre-orders.

She did not have any further details. She did mention that their corporate account department already had them.

Crossing my fingers,

Derek
    I can second the Tmo Feb 2 consumer release date. I spoke to Tmo prompted by the thread that I read hear, asking about the rumored Feb 2 release date. The CSR read what sounded to be an internal memo stating that the consumer lauch of the T600 would begin on Feb 2. As far as I remember, all orders were to go through HS's website (I might be wrong on that).

This breakthrough statment comes after months of calling Tmo on a biweekly basis to see if there was any new info. All I ever got out of them was "we have no information at this time" since last Oct. So for me, actually hearing a date from a Tmo CSR is VERY encouraging.

I'm not getting my hopes up too far yet though. Based on the amount of activity on this message board on this topic, even if it is lauched on Feb. 2, I won't expect to have it in hand for another 2 weeks.
    A Febuary 2nd launch makes sense - since the most watched television event of the year is the night before. I have a feeling we might be seeing a T-mobile Super Bowl commercial. Didn't ATT launch their m-life wireless service with a Super Bowl ad?

I know national advertising spending is up primarily because of wireless phone companies and satellite tv campaigns. A high profile launch wouldn't be out of the realm of believability.

Just a thought.
    Originally posted by mcrawley
    I know national advertising spending is up primarily because of wireless phone companies and satellite tv campaigns. A high profile launch wouldn't be out of the realm of believability.

Just a thought.
    I would agree except for one tiny detail: availability. HandSpring/P1 doesn't seem even close to being able to meet current demand. Having a huge media blitz for a super limited supply of product doesn't seem too bright...
    "I'm gonna get me a egg."
    February 2nd is also Groundhog's Day.

Instead of vaporware, maybe we'll have "shadoware". Hehehe.

I stopped holding my breath after the first few missed dates. Won't hold it for this one either, no matter what anyone at TMo says (since they've said stuff to me before that turned out to be untrue). I'll hold on to a tiny thread of hope just cuz my Treo180 is on it's very last leg...
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast