Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I was sick of waiting with my Treo order with Handspring/AT&T (2-4 week wait), so I cancelled that order and ordered the T600 through this Web site with a Sprint plan. I'm currently using Verizon (gonna miss it and my LG VX4400). I didn't want to wait for Verizon to make up its mind about offering the Treo. I have a 14-day trial with the Treo and Sprint, and I hope all goes well and I don't have to deal with customer service. From what I've read on this Forum, this phone is really high maintenence!
    Just got off the phone with T-mo corporate accounts(4:30pm CST, Fri 1/9). they called after I filled out the corporate on-line form on t-mobiles website. they called within 15 minutes, took my info said my phone, porting, etc., should be done by Monday. 200 phones coming in. . . first come, first served. Aside from being duly excited, I was impressed by the speed of their response to the on-line form. Thanx to y'all for keeping everyone up to date!! Happy Hunting!!
    It's now the 12th... anybody have any confirmation on all the rumors of that corporate shipment today? Not that it really affects me as a non-corporate user who isn't looking for new service, but I crave the info anyway to ease the wait time a bit by keeping me occupied

Almost started to regret not going for the AT&T upgrade deal. Then I remembered their data pricing and felt a bit better.

Boy waiting sucks! I'm running out of things to take up time... already bought accesories, SD card, programs... what's left other than pining away on the forums? Heheh.
    I'm with you. Had promised myself an early Christmas Present with Tmo Treo 600. Dare I look forward to my May birthday?
    My 180 (third) was dropped for the 4th time last week, Super glue had worked to repair the flip lid before, but this time the speaker wires were severed. Now my phone is like a pager - when it rings, I have to fumble to find ear bug, usually miss the call and have to call back.
    Just some jealous venting - sorry!
    Bob
    Originally posted by rcowperthwaite
    I'm with you. Had promised myself an early Christmas Present with Tmo Treo 600. Dare I look forward to my May birthday?
    My 180 (third) was dropped for the 4th time last week, Super glue had worked to repair the flip lid before, but this time the speaker wires were severed. Now my phone is like a pager - when it rings, I have to fumble to find ear bug, usually miss the call and have to call back.
    My 180 is in the same boat. I've learned to hit the answer button before getting the earpiece in and dealing with the "What'd you do, drop your phone?" comments.

I filled out the number portability form on the T-mobile web site last week (for my wife's number) and got an email response that it was portable, and to call a number to set it up. So I called this morning and said I'd only transfer it if I could get a T600 and I heard some people were getting them through corporate. The rep stated very confidently "Yes, we have those available." I asked "Right now?". She said "Yes, what zip code are you in?"

After looking it up, she said they weren't availble...anywhere.

Hmmph, tease
    Just heard from T-mo corporate 3hrs ago, 10:40amCST, my treo 600 is on its way via Fedex, arriving in 2 days w/number ported etc. I posted this tentative delivery, earlier on Friday and they confirmed it this morning about 1.5 hours ahead of schedule, they said by 12noon CST I should get confirmation if I was one of 200 set for the Houston market. Agasin, thanx y'all I'm trying to keep up with these threads as best I can.
    ---screw.
    Just heard from T-mo corporate 3hrs ago, 10:40amCST, my treo 600 is on its way via Fedex, arriving in 2 days w/number ported etc. I posted this tentative delivery, earlier on Friday and they confirmed it this morning about 1.5 hours ahead of schedule, they said by 12noon CST I should get confirmation if I was one of 200 set for the Houston market. Agasin, thanx y'all I'm trying to keep up with these threads as best I can.
    ---screw.
    I have a partial order shipping.
    Enquiring minds want to know ...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I spoke with Marcus at Treocentral.com today, and he told me that my Treo 600 w/Sprint PCS is on its way to my anxiously awaiting hands. It might reach my office here in NYC by this Wednesday. After work on Wednesday I'm having dinner with a friend, and if I'm not too looped on margaritas when I get back to my apartment, I'll try and set up the ol' Treo (at least charge it up). I actually thought of cancelling dinner if it happened to arrive by Wednesday---then I thought, "C'mon, get a life."
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    A few weeks back, Wall Street Journal tech guru/columnist Walter Mossberg wrote an article on data plans, and he thought that Sprint had the best bargain at $15 unlimited data time. He commented that AT&T and Verizon were ridiculously expensive.
    Originally posted by glenada
    A few weeks back, Wall Street Journal tech guru/columnist Walter Mossberg wrote an article on data plans, and he thought that Sprint had the best bargain at $15 unlimited data time. He commented that AT&T and Verizon were ridiculously expensive.
    Sprint does have the cheapest full internet / unlimited data plan though t-mo is not far behind at $19.95 (but at a slower speed). However, t-mo has a limited capability t-zones plan with unlimited data that is actually free with some voice plans. Do a search of the forum for t-zones for details. AT&T and Verizon's plans are obscene.
    Sprint does have the cheapest full internet / unlimited data plan though t-mo is not far behind at $19.95 (but at a slower speed). However, t-mo has a limited capability t-zones plan with unlimited data that is actually free with some voice plans. Do a search of the forum for t-zones for details. AT&T and Verizon's plans are obscene.
    Originally posted by BaltimoreTreo

Cingular is no better. $80/mo for unlimited, I think like $6.99 for 1mb. sheesh.

What's an Enquiring Mind, he inquired?

matthew
    Change is inevitable, except from vending machines. --Ironicles (lesser known cousin of a famous Greek teacher).

USR PalmPilot 5000 --> Handspring Prism --> Dell Axim X5 (UGH!!) --> Treo 600
  14.    #34  
    This talk of T-Mobile offering corporate Treo 600's with new activation service is nice and all... but how much longer till the general release?? It's not like this product hasn't been out for almost 2 months already! Sheesh!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    They did not have enough phones to fill all of their corporate orders this week. My guess (only a guess) is that means they won't have enough to launch general sales for a while yet - so I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Was this also the price for Data Only? (or did they have a comparison for data only?) When I was reviewing some Sprint literature, it seemed like if I wanted data only, the charge was a lot more for unlimited (don't have the brochure with me) I rarely ever use my "emergency" cell phone, so would only be interested in data.
    Originally posted by rcowperthwaite
    Wow, sounds like a lot of people are in EXACTLY the same boat as me! LOL. I too was getting the new Treo as an xmas gift. Now that it's past the holidays, I was hoping to have it for my birthday later this month. At this rate that's looking grim as well. And my 180's flip is still in tact, yet the speaker on it hasn't worked since almost this time last year.

Originally posted by doyouflip
    My 180 is in the same boat. I've learned to hit the answer button before getting the earpiece in and dealing with the "What'd you do, drop your phone?" comments.
    I'm used to hitting the button on the earpiece before getting it to my ear, but everyone who calls me is not deterred by my slowness and they've never made any "what, drop your phone?" type comments
    What sucks more is that about a month ago, the button on my earpiece stopped working as well! Now with the earpiece in, I have to open the flip to answer the phone! This is ten times harder since I usually wrap the cord around the phone. Getting to be a real pain in the ****! :P

I spoke with Marcus at Treocentral.com today, and he told me that my Treo 600 w/Sprint PCS is on its way to my anxiously awaiting hands. It might reach my office here in NYC by this Wednesday. After work on Wednesday I'm having dinner with a friend, and if I'm not too looped on margaritas when I get back to my apartment, I'll try and set up the ol' Treo (at least charge it up). I actually thought of cancelling dinner if it happened to arrive by Wednesday---then I thought, "C'mon, get a life."
    The Sprint Treo has been available for months though. If any of us wanted one we could have had it easily already. I'm not interested in Sprint... their coverage sucks where I am, I'm disturbed by the constant complains about their horrible customer service, I'd rather be able to switch carriers or travel to other countries easily with a GSM phone anyway, and I like the fact that the GSM version gets better battery life. And like Baltimore Treo mentioned above, the T-mobile data pricing is comparable to Sprint. In fact, I'd planned on getting a plan with that free t-zones option so that ends up costing even less.

So I guess I'll have to wait to tomorrow for more updates on the Tmo situation since people who have corporate orders claim they'll receive their shipments by then. Oooooo the agony and aticipation. Heheheh.
    The corporate new account orders have shipped - I have the units in my office chair (and one on my desk) to prove it. I have no idea when the Handspring upgrade will begin. My guess is at least a couple weeks away because of supply shortages.
    lame
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    lame
    Weebit - was that comment directed to my post?

If so, I wasn't trying to be funny. I actually did receive the units today. Surprised me as I thought I would get them later this week but they shipped FedEx, 2nd day air and arrived here ths morning. In fact, they were sitting in one of my side chairs (in a huge box) when I arived.

We still need to transfer numbers and provision the units before we pass them out but I have them here.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast