Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For the person that had asked me for the confirmation re: AT&T prices, call the AT&T office that deals with corporate sales. I believe the supervisor I had talked to earlier this week was named Kendrick. I asked him (repeatedly) if the price was really $19.99 and he said it was. Supposedly the price came into effect only recently. I have no idea why most CSRs say this is incorrect. If you call and get the runaround, ask to speak to a manager.

If the AT&T phones can be unlocked (see recent thread), this new data price might make it worth the hassle to switch to AT&T.
    Grrr...
    AT&T unlimited Data $20
    T-Mobile Unlimited data $20
    Sprint Unlimited data $15

Cingular unlimited data $79

3 more months on the contract.

David
    Have you seen it on your bill yet. Have you called back to another CSR and confirmed that it is 19.95.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Monster_usa
    Have you seen it on your bill yet. Have you called back to another CSR and confirmed that it is 19.95.

I'm actually with Sprint (x 1 week) but I've found their customer service to be beyond incompetent, so I may switch to a GSM phone. I wanted an unlocked handset for $400 or less and unlimited data for $20/month or less. So far, no GSM carriers can deliver that. I have a couple more weeks to decide whether or not to return the phone to Amazon.com and I'm hoping that T-Mobile will soon come out with a GSM Treo 600 and Amazon will come out with a $299 offer for a GSM unlocked phone.

My other option is to go to a small CLIE and a tiny Bluetooth Sony Ericsson cellphone. Not an easy decision, but annoyances like the ever-ejecting SD card, external antenna, and Sprint CSRs may make the decision for me.

I didn't check with another supervisor (don't waste your time with the regular reps) but at least one other person on this board has posted that they're getting unlimited data on AT&T for $19.99/month. Maybe he can confirm this for you.
    AT&T does not have an unlimited plan for 19.99. They charge 79.99 for unlimited data. Pretty much prevents you from really taking advantage of the Treo.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ethune
    AT&T does not have an unlimited plan for 19.99. They charge 79.99 for unlimited data. Pretty much prevents you from really taking advantage of the Treo.
    They do indeed have a 19.99 plan!! My partners T600 is operating on it right now. He got his plan almost two weeks ago. It does exist, just because you can't find it in print anywhere doesn't mean it doesn't exist. You know how grey an area this is!
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    All that means is that your friend has a 19.95 plan. Not an unlimited for 19.95.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    All that means is that your friend has a 19.95 plan. Not an unlimited for 19.95.
    perhaps i should have clarified...it is in FACT an unlimited plan, with ATT, for 19.99. it is an add on to the regular cellular plan. when he was getting his T600 registered (or whatever you call it) he asked about the data plans. they were in the middle of telling him what they have and i told him to ask about an unlimited plan. he did, and they gave him an unlimited plan for 19.99.
    Anyone here that has an unlimited plan at 19.95?
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Anyone here that has an unlimited plan at 19.95?
    did you see the above post? actually it is not 19.95, but rather 19.99. are you quabling over the .04?
    If it is a FACT that ATT has an unlimited plan for $19.99 then why would they not advertise it on their website?

From everything I've seen so far, and from their own website for mMode, $19.95 will get you 8MB of data transfer, not unlimited.

Are we all unhappily missing something here?
    if someone does have an unlimited plan for 19.99 please post it here so we can understand how you got a discount.
    Originally posted by kinabalu
    If it is a FACT that ATT has an unlimited plan for $19.99 then why would they not advertise it on their website?

From everything I've seen so far, and from their own website for mMode, $19.95 will get you 8MB of data transfer, not unlimited.

Are we all unhappily missing something here?
    Well, as an SPCS customer, I can tell you with confidence that many rate plans are neither published nor advertised. If this ATT deal is in fact true, I am paying my early termination for SPCS and switching despite the release of the T608 tomorrow. The 3MB limit is absolutely ridiculous considering how many of us have remained with SPCS since they announced the phone in April.
    Originally posted by DaMan
    Well, as an SPCS customer, I can tell you with confidence that many rate plans are neither published nor advertised. If this ATT deal is in fact true, I am paying my early termination for SPCS and switching despite the release of the T608 tomorrow. The 3MB limit is absolutely ridiculous considering how many of us have remained with SPCS since they announced the phone in April.

i am a sprint treo 600 user with what i believe to be an unlimited data plan. what 3 mb are you talking about?
  15.    #16  
    Originally posted by DaMan
    Funny you mention the T608 - that's one of the phones I've been looking at for a while. Only problem is the software apparently isn't yet ready for prime time. Rumor has it there may be a way to get unlimited data for the regular $20/month Sprint charges for Vision. If this works out, the T608 + a CLIE UX will make a killer combo.

To the confused posters above: "official" plan pricing means NOTHING. Carriers are like airlines - they'll try to get away with whatever they can, but if you know how to work the system, you can get a fair deal.
    Last edited by The Chupacabra; 12/21/2003 at 03:05 PM.
  16.    #17  
    Originally posted by southbound747

i am a sprint treo 600 user with what i believe to be an unlimited data plan. what 3 mb are you talking about?
    T608 = a small Sony Ericsson Bluetooth phone to be available tomorrow that Sprint is planning to cripple with the 3 MB plan (so people can't use it to connect laptops and Palms and surf unlimited for just $20/month).
    Ok, I'll bite.

How does my confused self get the data rate you're speaking of above? Would I call up and threaten to leave for T-Mobile or any other carrier which has an unlimited data plan available at a bargain rate?

The Treo 600 is awesome .. and the limits they are placing on the data usage cripple the device... so care to enlighten us to how you 'worked the system'

enlightenment coming soon .. to a store near you
    Originally posted by randyg

perhaps i should have clarified...it is in FACT an unlimited plan, with ATT, for 19.99. it is an add on to the regular cellular plan. when he was getting his T600 registered (or whatever you call it) he asked about the data plans. they were in the middle of telling him what they have and i told him to ask about an unlimited plan. he did, and they gave him an unlimited plan for 19.99.
    As an existing ATTWS subscriber, I can assure you that they DO NOT offer an unlimited data plan for the $19.99. It's much more likely that the ATT rep that you discussed this with mis-quoted you. I've changed data plans with ATT at least half a dozen times. The only unlimited data plan currently offered is $79.99 per month.

While this plan may have offered to your friend for only $19.99, ATT is famous for practicing some pretty creative billing. They love to overcharge and then offer consequent credits the following month. One month I received a bill that required the services of a CPA to properly decode. While quite unlikely, I hope your friend is billed correctly for the term of his contract.

WARNING: ATT will take you to the bank if you exceed the your data usage. They charged something like $0.008 per BYTE when I overused my 20 MB plan.

It's been my experience that ATTWS GPRS service is HORRIBLE. Coverage is weak (even in the Detroit Metro Area) and data performance is pathetic. I was using a Sony T616 w/ iPaq 2215.

I got my shiny new Treo 600 from Sprint a weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Data performance is roughly TWICE of ATT and I have FREE UNLIMITED DATA. Any Sprint plan over 2000 minutes includes free unlimited web, email, SMS, etc. This pricing has been confirmed by the most accurate of sources: my Sprint PCS monthly bill.

For those of you unfamiliar with ATT, take note. ATT is by far the worst wireless carrier I have ever done business with. I've used Verizon, Nextel, ATTWS and Sprint in the past. ATTWS has been the poorest of the bunch by a considerable margin. ATT has offered consistiently poor service. Customer Service? Prepare to wait at least 20 minutes before talking to a person. Prepare to wait much longer should you decide to call M-F between 9 AM and 7 PM. Also, I was unable to port my old ATT number due to ATT's inability to perform the switch for at least 2 weeks!

(See for yourself: http://www.forbes.com/newswire/2003/...tr1170013.html)

Sprint has been refreshingly helpful in getting my Treo up and running. The first unit I received had a problem with the speakerphone. Sound quality was horrible due to a bad speaker. They replaced it, from store stock, no questions asked. The exchange cost me nothing. While the jury is still out on Sprint as far as long term satisfaction, their willingness to correct this problem quickly and easily is encouraging.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    so i'm just a liar right? all i know is that we are in fact getting an unlimited plan for 19.99. i can't explain how or why, but that is the plan we agreed to when switching from old ATT service to the newer service for the 600. and we signed NO contract. so maybe we are the only people on the face of the earth with this plan, but we do in fact have this plan. perhaps if you refer to the posts of DaMan or The Chupacabra, carriers plans are NEVER written in stone. So how do you get the 19.99 plan? i can't tell you, but all we did was call to ATT to register the phone and change the plan (from old ATT service to that which the T600 uses), there was no talk of switching or anythink like that. all i can say is call and ask. if they are not offering what you want, then go somewhere else. I'm done making my point here, if you think i'm lying then so beit, but we've got the 19.99 plan and you don't, and my monthly bill will reflect that.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast