Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    see http://news.findlaw.com/ap_stories/o...081503_21.html for a recent court decision that allows wireless companies to offer different plans to users based upon their haggling skills. Maybe the guy who got the $19.99 unlimited internet from AT&T is just a better negotiator....
    FWIW, I'm sticking with T-Mobile
    hmmmmmm... maybe it goes like this...

Post that you're getting a 19.99 unlim data plan..

Get tons and tons of people to call and request then cancel service if they don't?

I called and tried their method. I think they were willing to take like 5 or 10 bucks off but not $60.

Keep in mind I've been a customer for a while and have an excellent payment history.
    I called the AT&T National Business Center and asked for the $19.99 unlimited plan ( I am currently on $7.99 for 1MB - checked my stocks 4 times and I am over). They said "Yes", but the CSR told me to check back because he doesn't have access to the GSM system.

So, I will check with him on monday...and let everyone know soon.
    I've been tracking my calls to AT&TWS over the last couple of weeks. When I get the message "due to heavy call volume your wait could be up to 10 minutes" I have never been answered in less than 40-50 minutes. I'm definitely leaving AT&T - it's only a matter of when.

BTW, I drove from Minneapolis MN to Sioux Falls SD yesterday to visit family, Since I was bored I checked the phone every thirty miles or so. I had AT&T service for the first 30 miles, then the only signal I saw for the rest of the trip was T-mobile. I double-checked the coverage map and see that AT&T is clearly lacking in any type of coverage beyond the metro area. Their GSM 'service' is a joke.

IF I can get my 600 unlocked, I'm outta there today. If not, I may have to wait until T-mobile ships the Treo 600.
    Okay, here is the scoop...

I called the AT&T National Business Ordering Center (for corporate sales) to verify my request for $19.99 unlimited data plan got added to my account....

Guess what! They could not do it. Apparentely the CSR gave me wrong information, but somehow I felt there was an actual offer. I told the CSR that there was such plan, and he said he can do it if he knows the product name (e.g. unlimited mobile internet,...) or offer code. He said any CSR would have to have that information to order the plan.

So, for those who actually got the Unlimited 19.99 data plan, are you willing to share this information? We would need information like the plan name or code, or FAN#.

Thanks,

The main thing that leads me to believe that the $19.99 unlimited internet is not generally available is that NO ONE on www.howardforums.com has mentioned its availability. Usually the users at howardforums are WAY ahead of the curve in getting the scoop on new plans...
    just my $0.02.
    Well, I may as well give my 2 Euros here. I talked with the best sales rep, my brother, about getting unlimited for $20. He told me that it USED to be in the system, but they don't offer that service anymore. That's why sometimes it shows up for CSRs, other times it doesn't. It's all a big mess at AT&T supposedly. Anyways, he said he could get me an unlimited plan for $20.00, if I wanted to have it taken away after 2 weeks and to make him lose his job....

Of course I'm a big skeptic of everything, so I'm calling AT&T CSR right now....I was planning on leaving ATT cause of the horrid service (you know it's bad when even the sales agents complain about the horrible wait times and insultingly bad CService....)
    <a href="http://www.terriblemovies.com">TerribleMovies.Com</a>
    Unfortunately, I think the sheer number of negative replies has confirmed what I've suspected for all along: The $19.99 plan offered to the original poster was a fluke, nothing more.

Regarding ATT: Both their coverage and customer support are patheticly inadequate. Dropped calls and 30 minute wait times to customer support are not simply frequent, they are the norm. I wouldn't consider going back even if they DID offer a $19.99 unlimited data plan.

I've just concluded my first month with Sprint and can honesty say that I've been very happy with both their customer service and cellular coverage. CDMA feels significantly faster than GPRS. Checking email and Treo-optimized web pages takes only seconds. I currently have unlimited web and email for free. It seems that any voice plan valued over $100/month is eligible for free PCS Vision Service. Even without the comped package, PCS Vision plans cost only $15.00/month and offer unlimited web access.
    Originally posted by ToeCutter

I've just concluded my first month with Sprint and can honesty say that I've been very happy with both their customer service and cellular coverage. CDMA feels significantly faster than GPRS. Checking email and Treo-optimized web pages takes only seconds. I currently have unlimited web and email for free. It seems that any voice plan valued over $100/month is eligible for free PCS Vision Service. Even without the comped package, PCS Vision plans cost only $15.00/month and offer unlimited web access.

yeah i've got a $a 100. plan with 2000 voice minutes and nights after 7 pm....and it seems my vision is free too....

i can't complain too much about sprint. but i did get better coverage with verizon...but sprint isn't too bad...
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123