Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by randyg
    so i'm just a liar right? all i know is that we are in fact getting an unlimited plan for 19.99. i can't explain how or why, but that is the plan we agreed to when switching from old ATT service to the newer service for the 600. and we signed NO contract. so maybe we are the only people on the face of the earth with this plan, but we do in fact have this plan. perhaps if you refer to the posts of DaMan or The Chupacabra, carriers plans are NEVER written in stone. So how do you get the 19.99 plan? i can't tell you, but all we did was call to ATT to register the phone and change the plan (from old ATT service to that which the T600 uses), there was no talk of switching or anythink like that. all i can say is call and ask. if they are not offering what you want, then go somewhere else. I'm done making my point here, if you think i'm lying then so beit, but we've got the 19.99 plan and you don't, and my monthly bill will reflect that.
    Whoa lightning, no need to get all worked up.

You may indeed be paying $19.99 for unlimited data, but ATT simply does not offer that pricing to anyone who bellies up and signs up for ATTWS service. I've tried several times to get better pricing on my existing data plan without success. There's a distinct difference between isolated, special pricing and pricing that's offered to the general public.

For example, I paid only $299 for my Treo 600 direct from a Sprint Store. If you look on the Sprint website, it lists for $599. Call a Sprint Store and they'll quote $599. Just because I paid only $299 for the Treo 600 in no way implies that everyone will get the same price.

So you're paying $19.99 for unlimited data. You got one over on ATT and that's great. My main concern was that most people that have the 8MB data plan pay EXACTLY $19.99/month for it. I simply didn't want any of those forum members to assume, incorrectly, that they suddenly had unlimited data access due to the topic of this thread.

One more thing: No where in my reply did I even remotely describe you as a liar.

Lighten up, Bubba, it's all good!
  2.    #22  
    so i'm just a liar right? all i know is that we are in fact getting an unlimited plan for 19.99. i can't explain how or why, but that is the plan we agreed to when switching from old ATT service to the newer service for the 600. and we signed NO contract. so maybe we are the only people on the face of the earth with this plan, but we do in fact have this plan. perhaps if you refer to the posts of DaMan or The Chupacabra, carriers plans are NEVER written in stone. So how do you get the 19.99 plan? i can't tell you, but all we did was call to ATT to register the phone and change the plan (from old ATT service to that which the T600 uses), there was no talk of switching or anythink like that. all i can say is call and ask. if they are not offering what you want, then go somewhere else. I'm done making my point here, if you think i'm lying then so beit, but we've got the 19.99 plan and you don't, and my monthly bill will reflect that.
    That's what you get for trying to help someone...
  3.    #23  
    You people can decide for yourselves what to do. If you want to pay $19.99/month for 8 MB instead of unlimited access, go right ahead...
    toecutter said:

"I got my shiny new Treo 600 from Sprint a weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Data performance is roughly TWICE of ATT and I have FREE UNLIMITED DATA. Any Sprint plan over 2000 minutes includes free unlimited web, email, SMS, etc. This pricing has been confirmed by the most accurate of sources: my Sprint PCS monthly bill."

i have 2000 voice minutes. but i am also supposed to pay an additional $5.00 to have my night minutes start at 7 instead of at 9 pm. and i am going to pay $15 extra for unlimited data. ps...this was through the treocentral store. if you know how i don't need to pay separately for unlimited today...please tell me more. i already have 2000 plus minutes. i have never heard of your plan/offer. do you have a web link i can go to to confirm this?
    Originally posted by southbound747
    toecutter said:

"I got my shiny new Treo 600 from Sprint a weeks ago and I LOVE IT. Data performance is roughly TWICE of ATT and I have FREE UNLIMITED DATA. Any Sprint plan over 2000 minutes includes free unlimited web, email, SMS, etc. This pricing has been confirmed by the most accurate of sources: my Sprint PCS monthly bill."

i have 2000 voice minutes. but i am also supposed to pay an additional $5.00 to have my night minutes start at 7 instead of at 9 pm. and i am going to pay $15 extra for unlimited data. ps...this was through the treocentral store. if you know how i don't need to pay separately for unlimited today...please tell me more. i already have 2000 plus minutes. i have never heard of your plan/offer. do you have a web link i can go to to confirm this?
    Oh! You got me!

I too got special pricing. Faux pas

When I signed up I received the PCS Vision Premium Plan for free for the term of my contract (2 yrs). I recall the CSR mentioning that it was included with plans over 2000 minutes (My plan is for 2500 minutes).

I *think* the PCS Vision Premium Pack is normally $15/month.

Here's a link:

http://www.sprintpcs.com/common/popu...?#professional
    FWIW
    I had 3 different CSRs @ ATTWS over the course of 4 days quote me $19.99 per month for unlimited data, quizzed each about specifics such as GPRS to be used with the Treo600 to download and upload to the internet and all confirmed. I did make it perfectly clear that I was intending to purchase the t600 from Hanspring on the promotional offer. I unfortunately didn't purchase it because they (CSRs all 3) informed me that I had to sign a minimum of 1 yr contract to start a line of service even if I owned my own equipment. Deal killer for me.
    TD
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    The cost of data has been the only deal-breaker for me on AT&T; if this is actually a valid price, I may well stick with them for their network coverage.
    For me, it's down to whether AT&T drops their rates before T-Mobile rolls out the T600 - and it seems that AT&T is moving first.
    We'll see. I've got 3 weeks left on my contract.

Rusty J
    T|T3 + T616 + Battery Sled + Stowaway Keyboard
    (+ 2 chargers + 2 travel chargers + large case, etc, etc...)
    Everything That Rises Must Converge.
    -Rusty
    Blackjack, Tilt; Treo 90, 270-680; Palm Vx, i705, T|T3, iQue 3200; Nokia N800, E71
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by Tourdewolf

FWIW
    I had 3 different CSRs @ ATTWS over the course of 4 days quote me $19.99 per month for unlimited data, quizzed each about specifics such as GPRS to be used with the Treo600 to download and upload to the internet and all confirmed. I did make it perfectly clear that I was intending to purchase the t600 from Hanspring on the promotional offer. I unfortunately didn't purchase it because they (CSRs all 3) informed me that I had to sign a minimum of 1 yr contract to start a line of service even if I owned my own equipment. Deal killer for me.
    TD

Nice to see some independent confirmation. Maybe now people will believe and stop getting shafted by AT&T. ($80/month for unlimited data? Get serious!)
    i inquired regarding the data plan for $19.99. according to the sales rep there is no such plan for unlimited data. the current plan for unlimited data is $79.99.

i am not going to accuse anyone of lying, i am just repeating what was told to me by my AT&T customer rep.

i am sure must of the AT&T treo users would love know how you got the plan. if you ca provide us with the information we would all appreciate it.
    3 weeks ago I saw a TV ad in the NYC area from AT&T on a plan that was basically unlimited everything- voice and data anytime for $70. I do not remember if the ad gave an 800 number or not. If they did I did not write it down. An hour after I saw the ad I called AT&T but they said there was no such thing. Anyone else say that TV ad?
    Called AT&T...

Rep told me she has heard nothing about 19.99 unlimited plan and said they usually hear about plans about 3 weeks before they come out. So its a safe bet nothings coming out until 3 weeks from now.

I'm an at&t customer without a data plan and I could not get that plan.
    Just talked to another CSR and he said that it was being offered for a short time but is not being offered now. It was not advertised but was used probably to keep customers from leaving AT&T. At the end he did mention that the GSM/GPRS data plans will be 'overhauled' at the beginning of next year.
    look...you want att to offer more competitive data rates? just bolt. bite the bullet and cough up the $175. fee to cancel your plan and move to sprint. that is what i did. if everyone does this they will have no choice but to match sprint's rate. if you are even a moderate user of data you will burn up their 8 mb for $20. really fast. you will still come out ahead at the end of the year and you will have been a positive force for change in the industry. in the meantime....stop all this bickering and just do something proactive....
    Last edited by southbound747; 12/22/2003 at 09:37 PM.
    You know we're all aware of the cheap sprint plans and the cheap t-mobile plans.

I wish we'd limit the discussion to relevant issues.
    well there only seems to be 2 relevant issues. att charges too much and currently only offers 8 mb for $20. a month period. others are cheaper. end of story.
  16.    #36  
    Double post.
    Last edited by The Chupacabra; 12/23/2003 at 03:10 AM.
  17.    #37  
    Originally posted by carrseven
    Just talked to another CSR and he said that it was being offered for a short time but is not being offered now. It was not advertised but was used probably to keep customers from leaving AT&T. At the end he did mention that the GSM/GPRS data plans will be 'overhauled' at the beginning of next year.
    Don't believe everything you read or hear. I posted there's a $19.99 unlimited data plan. Several people disputed this. (In fact initially I didn't believe there was such a plan when AT&T's CSRs initially told me it didn't exist.)

Then you hear several other CSRs have denied the existence of this plan. Then you hear it exists and at least a few people actually have the plan. And you're going to believe AT&T's claims the plan is expired? Don't be so gullible.

This is total BS. If you want the $19.99 unlimited data plan, call the number I posted, demand to talk to whoever is in charge and tell them to switch you to this plan. If they refuse, either LEAVE AT&T or wait a month or so until their data pricing gets a reality adjustment.

Why are some people so helpless? This isn't rocket science...
    Please note that chatter is increasing about a Cingular/AT&T merge so pointing out differences between rate plans of these two carriers - especiially if discussing LONG term rate plans - may be moot.

-- http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/news...=&categories=&
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor
    Please note that chatter is increasing about a Cingular/AT&T merge so pointing out differences between rate plans of these two carriers - especiially if discussing LONG term rate plans - may be moot.

-- http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/news...=&categories=&
    The WSJ is running an article stating that if AT&T passes, then T-Mobile is next.

It's also not good to know that AT&T and Cingular both have whack *** data plans and a merger wouldn't go making that a top priority. (Since this is a AT&T wireless for $20 tread )

I'll cut/paste excerpts from the WSJ article because you can't direct link being a subscription site.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
    Originally posted by ToeCutter

For example, I paid only $299 for my Treo 600 direct from a Sprint Store. If you look on the Sprint website, it lists for $599. Call a Sprint Store and they'll quote $599. Just because I paid only $299 for the Treo 600 in no way implies that everyone will get the same price.

How do you get a Treo 600 for $299 from the Sprint store? I really want one and the price is keeping me away.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast