I would hate to get a huge bill my first month because I'm using voice minutes instead of data bytes?!?!?!?!

When I connect to wap or email, I get the symbol for dial-up (CSD) connection (the two small arrows pointing left and right). Page 135 of the manual shows the different symbols for csd and gprs, etc.

I have the network connection configured for gprs. Are the symbols accurate? Does everyone get the csd symbol or the gprs symbol when connected.

Curiously, the csd symbol I get does not go away when I leave the browser or email app. I have to turn off the wireless mode to kill the symbol.

I'm using the Treo on the Cincinnati Bell wireless network, which is compatible with AT&T' system.

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    One thing about Palm OS, it won't coonect to a service you haven't programmed. My Treo 600 has three connections, Tzones, T-Mobile Internet and T-Mobile VPN. None of these are CSD. A good way to ensure you are using CSD.... make a call! You can use dialup and call at the same time. Also, in Prefs/network, set the GPRS service you use, and it will be the default.
    The list of symbols in the manual is wrong. They accurately describe the different symbols on the older Treo's.

With the T600 two BLACK arrows indicate a current CSD connection.

Two GREEN arrows indicate an active GPRS connection.

A BLACK triangle indicates that a GPRS network is available but you are not currently connected.
    OK, my arrows are green, good! Thanks for your help!

I tried to make a call - it seems to suspend any activity on the browser...is that what I should expect?

I never see the black triangle that says gprs is available
    though.

Will the green arrows stay on indefinitely?

Thanks again....this is a great forum...I hope I can contribute some.