1.    #1  
    I finally got fed up of waiting for t-mobile to release the t600. All these rumors of the t600 being released and still nothing. So I'm gonna go ahead a purchase a cingular branded unlocked version. Anyone got any ideas on where & how I would go about getting the best deal??

I'm just hoping that i can pick up a t600, and if t-mobile ever comes out with one, i can just sell the cingular one and pick up a t-mo one.
    I see others on this site has purchased the Cingular Branded Treo 600 and just inserted their TMobile SIM. It all works from there.

So what's stopping us TMobile users from just buying the Cingular branded versions from Handspring direct?

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Originally posted by Stanward
    I see others on this site has purchased the Cingular Branded Treo 600 and just inserted their TMobile SIM. It all works from there.

So what's stopping us TMobile users from just buying the Cingular branded versions from Handspring direct?

Stan
    The price, for one thing. Obviously, T-Mobile customers don't want to spend an extra $300 to get it without a discount or contract. Handspring will sell you one, but since the discount period is over for the Cingular version, you'll have to pay FULL PRICE. Even if you opt for a contract with Cingular, it will still cost you more than Handspring's discount that will be offered for the T-Mobile version.

- Handspring discount price: $399 (during the 3-week period for each brand of device)
    - Uncontracted, non-discount price: $699

Now what would YOU do?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Insp_Gadget

The price, for one thing. Obviously, T-Mobile customers don't want to spend an extra $300 to get it without a discount or contract. Handspring will sell you one, but since the discount period is over for the Cingular version, you'll have to pay FULL PRICE. Even if you opt for a contract with Cingular, it will still cost you more than Handspring's discount that will be offered for the T-Mobile version.

- Handspring discount price: $399 (during the 3-week period for each brand of device)
    - Uncontracted, non-discount price: $699

Now what would YOU do?

YUPZ... now what i'm looking for is...
    a place, or website, or trick, or route, or anything besides buying a broken/used t600 for under $500
    As noted elsewhere, Handspring/palmOne cautions about using the Cingular-branded TREO 600 on any network other than Cingular.

You might want to wait (what's the rush?) if you are committed to T-Mobile.
  6.    #6  
    i have a few friends and family who were going to pitch in and purchase the treo600 as a christmas gift. christmas is winding down pretty quick. and i really don't want them to pay up to $600 for this phone. i don't know....i guess i'll work something out and wait. after all...good things do come to those who wait....sometimes