1.    #1  
    I was surfing the net and ran into a dual sim holder. It apparently makes it easy to switch from sim to sim rapidly. Now I don't have much time to research this, but I was thinking there must be some way to use this to achieve our noble goal of using cingular for voice and t-mobile for data.

The problem with this method is that one sim won't ring. This appears to be a problem, but Cingular has cheap call forwarding that doesn't eat up minutes so it appears the strategy might be...

Does anyone know of one of these that tells when it rings? I doubt this is possible seeing how it would need an antenna and battery and all. Maybe we could design a little backpack It wouldn't need a microphone or anything.

Or stick with this and Program the cingular sim to forward to t-mobile when it isn't activated. Assumption is when T-mobile's data is fine so is their coverage so eat some of their minutes....?

Possible Example:

Cingular 500 min + T-Mobile 600 min +UnlimInt +UnlimForward=

40+40+20+3=103

Cingular Only
    1,000 min + UnlimInt = $70+$75=$145

Savings =42 a month = $504 a year plus tax

Other possible strategies: Get one national with nights and weekends one regional. Get cingular gait cingular sim card with expensive national plan so you can get connected anywhere...?

I dunno hope this discovery spurs some innovation here's the linky....

http://www.abpcsale.com/mobilephone.htm
    Last edited by 155; 12/15/2003 at 09:21 PM.
    Originally posted by 155
    I was surfing the net and ran into a dual sim holder. It apparently makes it easy to switch from sim to sim rapidly. Now I don't have much time to research this, but I was thinking there must be some way to use this to achieve our noble goal of using cingular for voice and t-mobile for data.

The problem with this method is that one sim won't ring. This appears to be a problem, but Cingular has cheap call forwarding that doesn't eat up minutes so it appears the strategy might be...

Does anyone know of one of these that tells when it rings? I doubt this is possible seeing how it would need an antenna and battery and all. Maybe we could design a little backpack It wouldn't need a microphone or anything.

Or stick with this and Program the cingular sim to forward to t-mobile when it isn't activated. Assumption is when T-mobile's data is fine so is their coverage so eat some of their minutes....?

Possible Example:

Cingular 500 min + T-Mobile 600 min +UnlimInt +UnlimForward=

40+40+20+3=103

Cingular Only
    1,000 min + UnlimInt = $70+$75=$145

Savings =42 a month = $504 a year plus tax

Other possible strategies: Get one national with nights and weekends one regional. Get cingular gait cingular sim card with expensive national plan so you can get connected anywhere...?

I dunno hope this discovery spurs some innovation here's the linky....

http://www.abpcsale.com/mobilephone.htm
    Boy, sure seems like a whole lot of trouble.

Why not just switch to T-Mobile? Is there something about the Cingular voice plans that appeals to you so much?