1.    #1  
    Ok, this board moves so fast it is hard to keep up (and I check it 10 times a day).

One of the deal killers (for me anyway) keeping me from buying an ATT T600 is the ridiculous date plans. Has anyone found out whether the $19 unlimited plan is for real or rumor and if so when. Att's voice plans aren't quite as good as Tmo's but close so it really boils down to data/internet. How good is GPRS on ATT's network, is it any different/slower/faster/ports closed/etc. If we can confirm that Att is offering $19 ulimited data I for one would jump ship today.

I like many others misssed the Cingular upgrade deal and since today is the last day, possible forever, to get the $399 w/o contract deal from HS I guess it is time to compile all the info and make a decision. Who knows if and or when Tmo will offer the phone and likewise who know if and or when HS will offer a generic unbranded GSM phone.

btw: maybe we can try to not turn this into a CDMA vs. GSM debate
  2.    #2  
    Well to reply to my own post... hmm.

FWIW. Just got off the phone with ATT csr (800.288.4202) who verified that ATT now has $19.99 for unlimited data on GSM phones. However they do require a contract just to start a line of service even if you already own your hardware. That plain sux. So you if you have an ATT compatible phone you basically get ziltch for siging up.
    Just go on amazon.com order an at&t wireless phone where you get a huge rebate on the phone... then you'll get your money back
    Consider

Sony Ericson T616 -$150 after rebates
    Nokia 3650 -$150 after rebates
    Nokia 7650 -$175 after rebates
    Siemens m56 - $200 after rebates
    Motorola v60i -$200 after rebates
    The ATT Treo600 is not GSM??????

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    Originally posted by Stanward
    The ATT Treo600 is not GSM??????

Stan
    Of course it is.

By the way, your signature line seems a little outdated, no? Do you really think that T-Mobile's data plan rates suck?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    FYI: The link for Amazon's AT&T GSM T600 > http://snipurl.com/3fsd

Note: It's not "live" yet; listed price = $549. (I also checked pages at Handspring-- still showing the Dec 15th AT&T deal.)
    Originally posted by Tourdewolf
    Just got off the phone with ATT csr (800.288.4202) who verified that ATT now has $19.99 for unlimited data on GSM phones.
    While I do not doubt this is what the csr told you , it'd be nice to find confirmation of this at the attws site or the attws support site.
  9.    #9  
    While I do not doubt this is what the csr told you , it'd be nice to find confirmation of this at the attws site or the attws support site.

From the other post I have read it is unpublished, maybe soon to be announced, who knows. However I called 3 different times and got the same answer. FWIW
    I posted it on AT&T's support forum as I am an AT&T Customer.

http://forums.attwireless.com/attws/...cending&page=1

Results didn't look too promising.... They're calling it a rumor.
    Originally posted by Tourdewolf
    However I called 3 different times and got the same answer. FWIW
    I just spoke to our company's ATT sales rep...

Start quote....
    Blackberry - Unlimited $49.99
    Blackberry - 4 Meg $39.99

Aircard (card in laptop) - Unlimited $79.99
    Handspring TREO - Unlimited $79.99
    Siemens SX56 - Unlimited $79.99

There should not be any CSRs offering any $19.99 plans at AT&T Wireless.
    ....end quote.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    I've one month left on my contract with AT&T... from my point of view, that gives them 30 days to offer a reasonably-priced unlimited-data plan or I go to T- Mo.
    Rusty J
    90 & BT SD card (SMS only, GPRS inop.)
    Paim Tungsten/T3
    SonyEricsson T616
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by MikePA

I just spoke to our company's ATT sales rep...

Start quote....
    Blackberry - Unlimited $49.99
    Blackberry - 4 Meg $39.99

Aircard (card in laptop) - Unlimited $79.99
    Handspring TREO - Unlimited $79.99
    Siemens SX56 - Unlimited $79.99

There should not be any CSRs offering any $19.99 plans at AT&T Wireless.
    ....end quote.

Glad I am not signed up with these idiots, they are sounding a lot like sprint now. Does ATT use Sprint to train their csrs?