1.    #1  
    Has anyone received an AT&T T6, gotten it unlocked, and used it on T-Mo's network?

I've been holding out, because I didn't really want to drop $500 on a new treo, and because the T-Mo treo wasn't available yet...

But now my 270 is falling apart. The charge/sync recepter is loose and superglue only lasts about a week before it get loose again. That was a problem I could deal with...but today the right side of my flip lid decides to crack. It's still attached for now, but I can't really open the thing without using a thin knife to pry it open.

It's out of warranty, so I guess I now have an excuse to get the T6...problem being that I missed the boat by not ordering the Cingular version during the Handspring upgrade period.

AT&T upgrade ends tonight...I have a friend who's been a longtime AT&T customer...and I'm hoping that if i order it, and have him call customer service pretending its his...they'll unlock it for him/me...and I'll be free to use it on T-Mo.

Anyone had success or failure in doing something similar?
    You can get any Treo 600 GSM unlocked in just a few easy steps. Get your unlock code via email and enter it yourself. In seconds, your Treo 600 will be unlocked and safe to use on any GSM carrier.

For more information go to:
    Unlock Your GSM.com
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    Well, apparently they state that the service will reutnr Friday, December 26th.
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by clogoodie
    The users don't seem so happy...

http://www.unlockyourgsm.com/catalog...9fa0c17226ecc7
    Hehehehe, I was one of the reviewers

I can't argue with his ethics, he said he could do it, it didn't work and he refunded the money.

Wish he would have tested it a bit more and delivered.

-- Vikram
    Treo 600 <a href="http://vikrampant.com/treo600/">Blog/Moblog</a>
  6.    #6  
    So your Treo is still locked...are you going to try again on the 26th?

And did AT&T refuse to unlock it for you?
    I HAVE heard of some people having great success with unlockyourgsm.com. Perhaps they will be able to come through on Dec. 26th again. But regardless, there are many other places that can and will unlock your GSM phone. I'm in San Francisco, and there are a handful of shops that specialize in that kind of thing. I think it costs about $35 - $50.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    I HAVE heard of some people having great success with unlockyourgsm.com. Perhaps they will be able to come through on Dec. 26th again. But regardless, there are many other places that can and will unlock your GSM phone. I'm in San Francisco, and there are a handful of shops that specialize in that kind of thing. I think it costs about $35 - $50.
    So do you have a T6 currently, or are you debating whether to do the AT&T upgrade at $399 today as well?
    Yes, I'm debating whether or not to go ahead and do the AT&T $399 upgrade today as well.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    Have you asked T-Mobile if they would unlock the ATT Treo for you?

Originally posted by clogoodie
    Has anyone received an AT&T T6, gotten it unlocked, and used it on T-Mo's network?

AT&T upgrade ends tonight...I have a friend who's been a longtime AT&T customer...and I'm hoping that if i order it, and have him call customer service pretending its his...they'll unlock it for him/me...and I'll be free to use it on T-Mo.

Anyone had success or failure in doing something similar?
    So Ray, what did you decide? I suppose you could always return the phone if you can't get it unlocked.

It sounds like both the T-Mo and the unbranded T600's will be out soon. But who knows.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I decided to just wait for the T-Mobile Treo 600 to come out. I'm hoping it won't be too much longer...
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle