1.    #1  
    I have the "T-mobile Internet" and "T-Mobile VPN" settings to choose from when I go to "Prefs -> Network". But I don't have the "T-Mobile WAP" to choose. Do i need to call T-mobile to have this sent to my Treo 270?
    Add a new connection and name it WAP or anything. Choose GPRS connection. leave user name and password blank. Enter wap.voicestream.com for APN. Set fallback to none. Check both IP Address and Query DNS. Get a free proxy IP from free-proxy.com for port 80. You should be able to connect and access all the websites except HTTPS sites. Search this site for more info. Much has been discussed about this subject.
  3.    #3  
    thanks, appreciate the help. But, i already have everything setup. . . just want to know if there's anything i should do so that the "official" t-mobile wap settings show up.
    There's nothing "official" you need to do. No need to cqll Tmo either. If youLre able to connect, begin enjoying "free" web access. Good luck!
    Are you looking for the T-Mobile Home Deck (the menu that appears on the phone)?

http://wap.myvoicestream.com

hth
    Thanks for the info. Where do I enter the proxy IP once I get it? I didn't see a field anywhere unless I uncheck Automatic under IP Address.
    Originally posted by doyouflip
    Thanks for the info. Where do I enter the proxy IP once I get it? I didn't see a field anywhere unless I uncheck Automatic under IP Address.
    The proxy IP goes in the settings of the browser (e.g. Blazer). However, If you use Eudora, no proxy is required. Or, that has been my experience.
    PDA's do not work with Tzones (the 4.99) anymore or are not supposed to anyway. The 19.99 plans (Internet and VPN) are required for PDA connections to the network.
    Yep, looks like there are only 3 phones identified as "T-Zones products": Nokia 3595 and 6610 and the Motorola V66.

I supposed you could lie to T-Mo and say you're using one of these units and pop your sim card into your Treo and configure the network connection as described elsewhere and set up the proxy in Blazer and rock on.

Of course, it might cause T-Mo to sick their lawyers on you if they figured it out...

Oh, those of us who have T-Mobile internet at $19.99 can use the WAP network, but why would we want to? I did so today. Given the fact that T-Mo is into me to the tune of $19.99 a month, I don't think they'd hassle me for using their $4.99- $9.99 WAP network.

Bottom line is that I think the Nokia and Moto phones for T-zones are limited by the proxy on the microbrowsers. There's no way to get to the outside world with those units.
    Last edited by echaban; 02/18/2004 at 10:57 PM.