1.    #1  
    for those who have purchased a Cingular Treo 600 to use on Tmobile:

1. do you pay for a cingular service plan that you're not using, or did you buy the phone without a service plan (how!?)

2. where did you get the tmobile SIM?
  2. KBS
    I already had service with T-mobile with my 270. Used the upgrade offer to purchase the Cingular version from Handspring(no new service required) and popped in the 270 sim. Works like a charm. I am glad I decided not to wait for the official T-Mobile version.
    Originally posted by KBS
    I already had service with T-mobile with my 270. Used the upgrade offer to purchase the Cingular version from Handspring(no new service required) and popped in the 270 sim. Works like a charm. I am glad I decided not to wait for the official T-Mobile version.
    KBS,

If you dont mind me asking, why are you happy about not waiting for the 'official' T-Mo Treo 600? I am currently using the Cingular Treo 600 on the T-Mo network and am having reservations about exchanging when T-Mo releases their version. Please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot!
    Originally posted by dimensiondvdrob

KBS,

If you dont mind me asking, why are you happy about not waiting for the 'official' T-Mo Treo 600? I am currently using the Cingular Treo 600 on the T-Mo network and am having reservations about exchanging when T-Mo releases their version. Please enlighten me.

Thanks a lot!
    What makes you think you'll have to exchange when the T-Mo version is released?
    Originally posted by Alli

What makes you think you'll have to exchange when the T-Mo version is released?
    well if i wanna have the T-mo version....i really dont HAVE to, but i just dont wanna miss any features of the T-Mo 'optimized' version, if there will be anything to miss.
    Originally posted by dimensiondvdrob

well if i wanna have the T-mo version....i really dont HAVE to, but i just dont wanna miss any features of the T-Mo 'optimized' version, if there will be anything to miss.
    You're phone'll be locked woooo!!!
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Greetings. From what I can tell, Optimization includes the standard T-Mobile ringtone, Blazer proxy, and wireless startup logo. And of course the sim lock. I think T-Mobile delayed the T600 because they lost a lot of money on the 180 and 270 models, and they aren't happy with the Treo's configurations. Anyone who really wants a Treo should go for the Cingular version, they won't regret it. Mine has been great so far.
    Originally posted by z3bum
    Greetings. From what I can tell, Optimization includes the standard T-Mobile ringtone,
    Remember the 270 GPRS upgrade? T-Mobile put its default ringtone in there that would come back after every reset. Thanks to RingerFix, we could override this. But it's still annoying that it took a third-party app to enable what should have been a standard feature. It would not surprize me if the T-mob 600 has this default ringtone as well. One more reason I'm a happy Cingular/T-Mobile user.

Michael
  9.    #9  
    I have to get back to my original question:
    Those with Cingular phones on Tmobile...
    do you have cingular phones without Cingular service plans? How did you get out of the service plan? Did you just pay the full unbranded price or did you commit to a 2 year contract somehow? Did you have to pay your way out of the 2 year contract?

And then, where did you get the tmobile SIM? Do you just walk into a tmobile store and sign up for a service contract and they give you a sim?
    Originally posted by bettyboop
    do you have cingular phones without Cingular service plans? How did you get out of the service plan? Did you just pay the full unbranded price or did you commit to a 2 year contract somehow? Did you have to pay your way out of the 2 year contract?

And then, where did you get the tmobile SIM? Do you just walk into a tmobile store and sign up for a service contract and they give you a sim?
    we got it because we upgraded using our previous treos serial numbers.

we didnt have to get a new plan.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by bettyboop

all you have to do is go into a cingular store and buy the phone, for full-no contracted price. they'll sell it. just tell 'em you're buying someone a gift.
    When we bought the phones from Handspring during their upgrade sale, no Cingular contract was required.

Now I use the phone on T-Mobile, don't have a Cingular contract, and didn't have to extend my T-Mobile contract!

I may be proven wrong, but I don't see how T-Mobile's "optimization" can be anything more than including the proxy settings for Blazer. You can input the proxy settings yourself in about 20 seconds.

There does not seem to be any need to exchange the Cingular phone for a T-Mobile phone when they are finally released.
    Originally posted by heberman

I may be proven wrong, but I don't see how T-Mobile's "optimization" can be anything more than including the proxy settings for Blazer. You can input the proxy settings yourself in about 20 seconds.
    heberman,

What ARE the proxy settings for Blazer in the t6? Or, how can I get them?

Thx
    Originally posted by aolumide

heberman,

What ARE the proxy settings for Blazer in the t6? Or, how can I get them?

Thx
    Proxy Server: getmorespeed.t-mobile.com
    Port: 8080

To input the proxy settings, go to Blazer, Preferences, Advanced, Set Proxy.
    This may sound like a dumb question, but if Blazer works fine out of the box, why would we want to enter a proxy setting?
    Originally posted by Alli
    This may sound like a dumb question, but if Blazer works fine out of the box, why would we want to enter a proxy setting?
    speed.

report have it that web browsing is faster.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.