Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1.    #1  
    alright, so, I got my T600 yesterday (Whowwwoaoaoawowowowwowow! )
    Anyway, surprisingly enough, my wife asked me if I need a data plan to access the net. Hmmmm, hell yeah, and if she asked, I thought I might jsut check it out. Anyway, I only found an unlimited Internet plan for TMo, for about $30/month. Well I already have a voice plan with them, so, is that my only option? I will really not surf the net that much, so I don't necesarilly need an unlimited plan. Do you guys have any suggestions?
    May the G4ce be with you
  2. #2  
    The $30 plan is for DATA ONLY only plans (i.e for example if you had a TW and didn't want voice etc). If you already have a voice plan on Tmo, then it is a $19.99 add-on for unlimited internet. This plan will also allow you to use your phone as a modem for a laptop... Then there is also something called T zones for which Tmo charges $4.99 per month. T zones is sorta like "internet lite" meant for phones only, but many users have been able to successfully circumvent this and use the plan for unlimited WAP browsing as well as regular HTTP browsing. The available ports include 80 (web surfing), 25 (smtp mail sending) and 110 (pop mail port). I'ld advise you to read this thread for more info...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    The $30 plan is for DATA ONLY only plans (i.e for example if you had a TW and didn't want voice etc). If you already have a voice plan on Tmo, then it is a $19.99 add-on for unlimited internet. This plan will also allow you to use your phone as a modem for a laptop... Then there is also something called T zones for which Tmo charges $4.99 per month. T zones is sorta like "internet lite" meant for phones only, but many users have been able to successfully circumvent this and use the plan for unlimited WAP browsing as well as regular HTTP browsing. The available ports include 80 (web surfing), 25 (smtp mail sending) and 110 (pop mail port). I'ld advise you to read this thread for more info...
    Thanks, I appreciate it!
    May the G4ce be with you
  4. #4  
    With t-mobile you can actually browse the web for free without signing up for anything.

    The 4.99 unlimited plan only adds the ability to use the t-mobile home page.

    The only thing is with the free internet or the 4.99 one, you can not access ssl websites, for shopping and such. For that you would have to get the 19.99 unlimited plan, which allows you to access all ports.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by latca
    With t-mobile you can actually browse the web for free without signing up for anything.

    The 4.99 unlimited plan only adds the ability to use the t-mobile home page.

    The only thing is with the free internet or the 4.99 one, you can not access ssl websites, for shopping and such. For that you would have to get the 19.99 unlimited plan, which allows you to access all ports.
    Thanks michael. In the meantime I learned a few more things about Tmo's data plans, by reading this thread I do have some questions about this free access, and please reffer to the above thread!

    Thanks a lot!
    May the G4ce be with you
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by latca
    With t-mobile you can actually browse the web for free without signing up for anything.

    The 4.99 unlimited plan only adds the ability to use the t-mobile home page.

    The only thing is with the free internet or the 4.99 one, you can not access ssl websites, for shopping and such. For that you would have to get the 19.99 unlimited plan, which allows you to access all ports.
    How do I access the free web if I already have t-mobile? Is this phone specific or does t-mobile has to provision this? I did not see this free service listed under my account.
  7. #7  
    Originally posted by epoints


    How do I access the free web if I already have t-mobile? Is this phone specific or does t-mobile has to provision this? I did not see this free service listed under my account.
    Just set up the GPRS connection and start using it. You should be able to use it with any phone. But the phone's browser has to let you enter in a URL manually. On my friend's account, the one phone with manual URL works great. But another phone that just connects to the t-zones page does not let you access anything except for downloading ring tones and such, which costs money.

    For html, just set up your phone as a modem and connect through gprs or set up your phone's web browser, which should work.
  8. #8  
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $you$ $can$'$t$ $use$ $AIM$ $on$ $free$ $internet$ $also$. $I$ $think$ $you$ $can$ $use$ $Verichat$ $though$.

Posting Permissions