Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Greetings! My Cingular Treo arrived Friday night, had to drive in an ice storm to Fedex to get it.

The Treo is awesome, everyone on T-Mobile should have bought one of these instead of waiting. It does so much, I am browsing Treo Central now whilst listening to mp3s on Pocket Tunes. How cool is that?

There has been a lot of talk about Blazer performance here. I am using the proxy, getmorespeed.voicestream.com on port 8080. This speeds up browsing quite a bit. I use the $19.95 T-Mobile Internet VPN plan, because I have a couple of pc cards. Tzones which I also have (for MMS and wap on my T610) doesn't do much on the Treo on my plan. Not sure why. The Treo came with Pixer MMS and a nice email app builtin! Pleasant surprises that work well.

Lastly by not least... Pocket Tunes can stream 24kbps music via GPRS! The quality is ok and it's like having a radio as well as a phone and pda. The Treo rocks!
    Mike
    Palm 1000 > Casio E10 > HP 660lx > Palm Vx > HP 720 > Treo 270 > Treo 600
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I will note that none of the T-Mobile acceleration proxies work on my Treo unless I'm connected via VPN. I find it odd - on my 270 I originally was on Internet - could ONLY connect via internet. When I switched to unlimited data they moved me to VPN and I could ONLY connect via VPN.

Now I can connect through either - hmmmm. But only VPN will use the proxy at all.

Just an idea for those who seem to be having problems with the T-Mobile proxy.

Danita