1.    #1  
    Gizmodo reports that Handspring will be offering the T-600 for tmobile on December 15.

Read the story
    Originally posted by TNLNYC
    Gizmodo reports that Handspring will be offering the T-600 for tmobile on December 15.

Read the story
    Nothing offical has come out about this yet beyond more rumors and speculation. As far as I have been told Tmobile has no "revised" launch date for the Treo 600 and a "disclaimer" on Handsprings website even says

" Although we expect to be able to offer service from T-Mobile with Treo 600, we cannot guarantee its availability."
    Well, it's December 15th and still no T-Mobile Treo 600. Still no information from Handspring. Still NOTHING!

Today is the last day for an AT&T $399 upgrade. What are all you people who have been holding out for T-Mobile going to do? Continue to wait? I have no idea of when T-Mobile is going to be ready, if ever!

"I just want a hula-hoop..." and a Treo 600!
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    I'm gonna wait it out. I was tortured by switching from the Treo 270 to the TMobile Pocket PC Phone Edition. That thing majorly sucked.

I was happy to sell it on ebay, to get ready to purchase the Treo 600.

I can't wait.

Stan
    <placeyouremail@here.com>....Relaying denied.
    IP name lookup failed [10.196.223.228]
    I believed the logic that we would finally have the TMO product on the 15th and am now beyond frustration. This policy of non responsiveness makes no sense to me at all. I was told by low level Palm 1 phoneboy that 15th was the date and, since it comported with other clues and common sense I have waited. Due to theft of my 270, I am without any device and am being forced by circumstance to another carrier.... any news on which I should delay further?
    John
    FWIW, Handspring was not prompt in replacing the Cingular-focused pages with AT&T pages. I think HS was behind a couple of days then. Hopefully, that's all that's happening now. WhoIs lists the HS server as being on the West Coast, so with the time differential (I'm East Coast), plus given the past timing re Cingular >> AT&T switch in pages, I've concluded that I won't be kicked back into HeartBreak Hotel til Thursday or Friday, if the Tmo info is not posted then.
    =========

UpDate:
    I decided to call the number listed at Handspring, where a recording sent me to another 800 #/PalmOne. Shock- no holding in voice mail hell. Database at PalmOne includes info on Zire & Tungsten only. "Crystal" further advised that HS does not open til 10a EST. Hence, availability/launch-date Qs should be directed thereafter to the posted HS number- 888-565-9393 -- and choose Option 1.

Perhaps if HS gets flooded with enough calls, they'll post some timely info . . . .
    Last edited by WebSter; 12/16/2003 at 08:12 AM.
    I called the number and was told "we are looking at about two weeks out"

I hope someone else gets better info!
    Called. "Still no definite ETA on that yet, m'am. We are expecting it any day now...".
    Just spoke to a rep there and she told me that both the generic and the Tmo versions will be available with a 3 week promotion period for previous owners. Pressed to tell me when -whether in days or weeks or months!- she just said the tmobile version will be out "really soon". Whatever that means.
    The worst part is the T-Mobile website advertises the TREO (generic) with a picture of the 600, but the image links to their 270 page...

http://www.t-mobile.com/business/products/

DOH!
    Originally posted by ppvv
    Just spoke to a rep there and she told me that both the generic and the Tmo versions will be available with a 3 week promotion period for previous owners. Pressed to tell me when -whether in days or weeks or months!- she just said the tmobile version will be out "really soon". Whatever that means.
    Called Handspring this morning to ask when Treo 600 would be coming out for T-Mobile. I was told that "thjy are working to get it out in the next couple of weeks". I said, "In other words, not before next year?" - she said "Yes".
    The worst part is the T-Mobile website advertises the TREO (generic) with a picture of the 600, but the image links to their 270 page...

http://www.t-mobile.com/business/products/

DOH!
    Today's Email Exchange:

----- Q: -----
    Customer - 12/16/2003 11:24 AM
    Could you kindly advise when the Treo 600 will be available for your network? I understood Dec 15th to be the release date. Thanks much, and happy holidays.

==========
    ----- A: -----
    Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile.

We understand that you are requesting information as to when the Treo 600 upgrade will be available. Unfortunately, at this time we do not have an estimated date as to when we will offer this upgrade, but we hope to have this available in the future. Please keep checking back with http://www.t-mobile.com for the latest information regarding this product.

If you have any other comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at anytime.

Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc. Web Services
    Anyone have Catherine Zeta-Jones number? I'd like to give her a call and see if SHE knows anything about this.

Do you think the generic Treo 600 GSM will be offered at the upgrade price of $399 for previous owners? It will be unlocked I assume, so I don't know if that would affect anything.

T-Mobile, HOW many more couples of weeks?
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    the csr I spoke to clearly said that there would be a 3 week discount for previous treo owners for BOTH generic and tmo versions. Assuming she knew what she was talking about.
    i think we ALL should give HS a call at least once a day, maybe all the calls will give them a hint we want a t-mo t600
    T-Mobile DOES have the best data plans available. But regarding usage rate, I doubt that you would really need more than 10MB/month. Unless you do a LOT of browsing and will use your phone as a modem for your laptop regularly.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    I was tired of waiting for the 600, so I tried the Blackberry 6230 because I needed email access. For email it's great, but for web, it's incredibly slow. Today is day 14, so I have to return it today to get a refund. I've been calling TMo and HS regularly to ask about 600 availability.

Yesterday, the frustrated CSR at TMo transferred me to the wireless data group, and the guy there told me that they have 600's in their office and they've been playing with them. He said it should be any day now. When I asked if there were any chance they wouldn't be offered by TMo, he said "Absolutely None." He said that he's already seen marketing materials from both TMo and Handspring pushing the units. Apparently, they've had some network issue regarding speed to resolve. He also told me, in a quiet voice, that "we've got so many of these 270's lying around. Maybe they want to offload some of those first." That would certainly gel with the new offer on the HS site for a $99 TMo 270 (after rebates).

I have no idea whether or not to believe this guy, but he certainly seemed to know a lot about the 600, and he was clearly not a CSR guy giving me the company line.

I hope this helps. I don't want to spread false hope, but I'm taking my Blackberry back today and keeping my fingers crossed.
    My friend,

I have Tmo's Color Sidekick. When it works, it's a joy. There are many who have had no problems with the device. There are many others, such as myself, who found themselves with multiple replacements within a brief period. For me, that = 3 CSKs, within a 5 month period. All due exclusively to serious quality control issues. I've been thru many devices thru the years, but this is the only time I got the feeling of "being burned" by a purchase. Fortunately, Tmo proved to be a gem thruout, especially appreciated since the darn things have been known to die -- without any warning whatsoever. i.e., fine one minute, dead the next.

Do yourself a huge favor, and spend some quality time at hiptop.com/forums. You'll want to lurk in 2 forums in particular: Hardware, and OTA. The latter refers to the "Over The Air" upgrade process-- which ultimately fried a series of recipient CSKs.

Oh, last point, on which I suspect all CSKers would agree: the built-in radio is notoriously weak. So, problems are likely if you're in an area where Tmo's signal is not strong.

All of which explains why I am waiting for Tmo's Treo 600.
    i have a csidekick also, and its true when it works, its awesome. but i also recently ran into some hardware problems with mine.
    The only thing i can't stand is flipping that damn screen all the time. checking your voicemail is annoying, and pressing that wheel scroll for everthing. when i try picking up calls i would sometimes accidently move the scroll and instead of answering the call, i would scroll it to "send to voicemail". uuggh i can't stand it.

but on a lighter note..
    being able to easily retreive emails, and text messages is great. going to any website is cool, i frequently use it to check traffic, or movie times, or check my ebay things. oh and of coarse chatting on aim. i notice i don't use my phone as much cause most people can reach me through aim.

which is why i don't think i'll ever be able to go back to a "regular cell phone" or type on a number pad.

besides some things the treo600 "could of" had like better resolution & bluetooth, its a smartphone i would wait for. I'm gonna stick with my csk till it does come out. anything other then the t-mo data plans is just plain crazy! unless your filthy filthy rich and just dont give a ****. at some point i was gonna purchase the cingular unlocked one for a high price just to have one already. but its my bad i missed the $399 deal. then i thought it over and waiting a few weeks or even a month is still worth saving $300 and even more $$$$ with a t-mo data plan.