1.    #1  
    I have waited 9 days for AT&T to port 2 numbers to SPRINT.

Still has not happened.

You have no idea how unhelpful people can be until you try to deal with AT&T when you are making a choice to go elsewhere.

I have filed a formal complaint with the FCC,

I am investigating the possibility of a class action suit against AT&T as the FCC had informed me of the fact that AT&T the most complaints against them in porting.

They will never learn, they are the giant so they think they can just step on you. No wonder they have the most people leaving.
    Originally posted by versabar
    I have waited 9 days for AT&T to port 2 numbers to SPRINT.
    While my experience with AT&T has been good, others have had horrible experiences, not to mention their customer service application being down recently. No offense, but there's no way I would have tried to port any AT&T numbers on the first day it was possible without checking here, the other carriers web site or even AT&Ts web site for others experiences. Bummer.
    Last edited by MikePA; 12/03/2003 at 09:14 AM.
  3.    #3  
    After waiting on hold for 2-1/2 hours I was told that SPRINT did not include my companies street address in their port request. That is absolute 100% BS.

I was there when the guy put it in the system.

If AT&T has your address as:

John Smith
    36 Acorn Ln
    Arkansas, NB 00000

and they get a port requust for

John Smith
    36 Acorn LN
    Arkansas, NB 00000

Since Ln and LN don't match, you go straight to the DOA pile. You will wait, and wait, and wait, call, and call, and call, and you will get NOWHERE.

AT&T has lost my companies LD landline business as well. They deserve to lose more. They are HORRENDOUS.

Trust me when I tell you to STAY AWAY FROM THEM AT ALL COSTS.
    I've heard horror stories from friends about AT&T (the Death Star) too. But this whole T-Mobile debacle has got me tempted to turn to the "Dark Side."

Patience... I- I... must ... find... strength.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    AT&Ts billing system for their GSM network has been down for almost a month. They went 2 weeks straight without any way to activate a new account or access or change any old accounts. For they 2 weeks since then it has been going up and down. This has also caused huge delays for people porting from ATT.

I don't want to make any excuses for them, as I don't like ATT for many other reasons, but this is why they have been having problems.
  6.    #6  
    I have found the following during an absolute NIGHTMARE trying to port two lines for my business.

1.) If the salesperson at your new proposed carrier does not enter all of your information EXACTLY AS IT IS from your old carriers bill, you are done. Stick a fork in yourself, its over. They will just keep sending THE SAME G.D. PORT REQUEST over and over and over and over. Each time the receiving port system says "nope-sorry" because it sees:

"Stevens LN"
    when it is expecting
    "Stevens Ln"

Mine got sent by sprint 19 times, and it got rejected (you guessed it) 19 G.D. times by AT&T. I found this out all by myself because I got tired of talking to the numb nuts at my SPRINT retail center. My wife says I expect too much from people. I think the human race is in decline.

By spending 2-1/2 hours or so waiting on the phone with AT&T I was told that "incomplete data" on my port request has caused the system to deny it.

Oh, I said, how convenient, can you tell me EXACTLY WHAT THE F INFORMATION IS THAT YOU NEED AND I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FOR FREE!!!!. No Sir, I'm sorry, requests for information about you can only be made through our porting center to your current carrier. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a deep breath and said listen, I am begging you, can you just tell me what you need and I will make sure that SPRINT transfers the information through the proper channels. No such luck, they wouldn't tell me. This was after THREE G.D. hours on the phone. AT&T --- YOU ARE THE WORST G.D. COMPANY ON THE G.D. PLANET -- I HATE YOUR G.D. GUTS.

My next avenue was SPRINTS porting center. At least (probably because they were getting the account) they were helpful. Turns out, the SPRINT sales person originally entered my company name as:
    "ACME CORPORATION"
    AT&T's system has me as just
    "ACME"
    Additionally, the knucklehead at SPRINT put my SS# where my AT&T account number was supposed to be on the application to port. So, because of left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, I sit and rot for (so far) 10 G.D. days waiting like a dumb a** for this stuff to correct itself.

I got some news for you. If your port isn't going through in a few hours, and its FROM AT&T, you better find out what information is wrong and get it corrected YOURSELF or these retards will send your SAME PORT REQUEST THROUGH 19 G.D. times.

2.) MAKE A STINK. If you make a point of the fact that this stuff is causing a huge inconvenience to you they will offer to compensate you for it. Its not worth all the nonsense you go through but its better than nothing.

If my port goes through on the 6th (which remains to be seen), it will be 13 days. If I offended anyone with my ranting, I am sorry. But this has been an absolute nightmare. A nightmare made 100 times worse by the WORST G.D. CSR'S in the world at AT&T. I hope they lose every G.D. wireless account.
    Screw them both. TMo's reps are awesome. Way better than what I dealt with at Sprint, and way back at AT&T
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...