1.    #1  
    Here's the article:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...toryID=3871360

Cingular is seriously interested in merging with either AT&T Wireless or T-Mobile next year, according to Business Week. Citing an unnamed company insider, the magazine claims the company is aiming to strike a deal by the mid-2004, although no formal talks are yet under way. Chief Executive of SBC (parent of Cingular) Edward Whiteacre is quoted as saying "I don't think it's any secret we would like to be bigger wireless player ... it's not years. It's, ya know, over the next number of months"
    Hmm...I don't know if this is good or bad...probably bad...Any thoughts?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Whether the deal is good or bad probably depends on which provider they merge with. As T-Mobile currently has great data plans and international coverage - and as they haven't been so quick to carry the T600 - that combination could really be a "best of both worlds." I think the addition of Cingular's coverage area could help T-Mobile in a few weak spots in the U.S. as well. On the other hand, I don't think a merger with AT&T would really make things any more attractive to me, in terms of coverage and rates.

M