1.    #1  
    I have compiled a spreadsheet comparing AT&T data plans pricing, attached to this message. It includes various included MB caps, as well as a developers deal and the unlimited plan. It shows the *extremely* different bottom lines for different data consumption models.

Let's expand the scope of the data. I'd like to compare different GSM providers, like AT&T and Cingular, and CDMA providers, like Sprint and VerizonWireless. It will serve our growing community very well when choosing among the service providers, who rarely publish actual breakdowns, certainly never side-by-side. Your contribution of your real-world data rates and usage totals, per noted geographical area, will be the most important included data. Users can comparison shop, and providers might be incented to improve their services/prices.

Please download the spreadsheet, add extra cells with new formulae and data you have generated with your Treo600 usage, and reply to this thread with your updated sheet attached. To work around TreoCentral's attachment-type limits, I have attached an XLS format renamed to .txt (download and change .txt to .xls to open it on your spreadsheet app). I reply to this message with a CSV format version (also renamed with an extra .txt to be changed to .csv after download) with just the values, working around the 1-attachment file limit. Although the file was created in MS-Excel-compatible XLS format, I produced it with a 3rd party app, using the most basic formulae and formatting types. I have tested the file on Windows and Linux (gnumeric). Please keep your updates in this cross-platform format.

Thanks for your contribution to this community effort!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #2  
    I have compiled a spreadsheet comparing AT&T data plans pricing, attached to this message. It includes various included MB caps, as well as a developers deal and the unlimited plan. It shows the *extremely* different bottom lines for different data consumption models.

Let's expand the scope of the data. I'd like to compare different GSM providers, like AT&T and Cingular, and CDMA providers, like Sprint and VerizonWireless. It will serve our growing community very well when choosing among the service providers, who rarely publish actual breakdowns, certainly never side-by-side. Your contribution of your real-world data rates and usage totals, per noted geographical area, will be the most important included data. Users can comparison shop, and providers might be incented to improve their services/prices.

Please download the spreadsheet, add extra cells with new formulae and data you have generated with your Treo600 usage, and reply to this thread with your updated sheet attached. To work around TreoCentral's attachment-type limits, I have attached an CSV format (with just the values, no formulae) renamed to .txt (download and change .txt to .csv to open it on your spreadsheet app). This message is in reply to a message with an XLS format version, working around the 1-attachment file limit. Although the file was created in MS-Excel-compatible XLS format, I produced it with a 3rd party app, using the most basic formulae and formatting types. I have tested the file on Windows and Linux (gnumeric). Please keep your updates in this cross-platform format.

Thanks for your contribution to this community effort!Thanks for your contribution to this community effort!
    Attached Files Attached Files
  3.    #3  
    OK, people have downloaded the spreadsheet around 100 times. How about some feedback, with some more data reflecting your actual usage?