1.    #1  
    I ordered 2 Cingular upgrades back on the 7th to use on T-Mobile, and have been checking daily for updates on shipments.

Well, great news- I received an email stating that my phones shipped and are a few miles from my house at FedEx!

BUT, I received a 2nd email titled:

IMPORTANT: "Getting started with your new Treo"

Inside the email, it says:

SERVICE ACTIVATION
    -------------------------
    Your service and SIM card should be activated already. If your service does not appear to be activated (e.g. you cannot make a phone call), please call Cingular Wireless at 1-866-CINGULAR (1-866-246-4852).

-------------------------

I didn't activate any service with Cingular, and was assured that I didn't need to when I ordered the phone.

Did anyone else receive this email? Is this a blanket email sent out regardless of whether or not you activated the phones?

Please tell me this is a bogus email, and that HS didn't screw up and sign me up with Cingular... I'm going to assume the lotus position and try to chill until I hear back from somebody on this. HS sales is closed of course until Monday...
    I recieved this email and I ordered without service. The email came when the Treo Shipped. Everything works just fine. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Jake Pratt
    www.jakepratt.com
    No worries, it's a blanket email that is automatically sent. I got one too and didn't order with service.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone