Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I've been a T-mobile customer since they were voicestream, I learned of the email address by accident as I was forwarding some information from my phone to my home and office and noticed the return email address was the mobile_number@tmomail.net.

To check your voicemail from an outside line dial your T-Mobile phone number and press the (*) key when you hear your greeting. you will be prompted for your password. If you do not hear the voice prompts asking for your password, disconnect and redial your voice mail. When you hear your greeting, press the (#) key.

Much of this information is scattered about their site, I'm not aware of any summary page.

Originally posted by Sprinter

How did you learn about this? I only found out when I calls T-Mobile customer service. Did you receive a welcome package from them?

For instance, I also don't know how to check my voice mail from another phone.

I visited the T-Mobile help web page and found info such as the getmorespeed.t-mobile.com, etc but I was hoping that I would receive a welcome package either via e-mail, mail, or at time of sign-up, like other companies used to do years ago.

Do I really need to search/browse the T-Mobile help web page to get answers? Or is it summarized somewhere?

Thanks.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    A couple of responses to Items on this thread.

If you want to access T-zones from a treo You need a browser that will work through a gateway (I have a 180/ haven't checked whether the 600 Blazer is different) You can use jBrowser (1 month free trial or $15 for full version)

To access comcast email from outside their network you need to use an encripted connection. they use port 995 for pop and port 465 for smtp. I am using these settings on a 180 with eudora. If the 600 email client can use encription and a different port it should work also.

The <phone number>@tmomail.net email address is the one that will send a sms message to any tmoble phone and is not a real email account.
    There have been a few posts on problems setting up Comcast on a couple of threads. Here is my $0.02 of info:

Please Note: This info pertains to a T6 with Cingular Wireless s/w running on the T-Mobile network, and not Sprint.

I live on the East coast(Maryland). When I received my T6 on 12/5/03, I commenced setting it up immediately, and e-mail was the first app I started with. Now, I don't know if geographic location is a factor, but when the 'select an e-mail carrier from list' screen came up, Comcast was in the list. I simply selected Comcast, entered my comcast uid/pid, and was able to send & receive mail immediately. The POP3 & SMTP server names were already defined. I thought i'd share this info. I'm suprised by the number of posts on difficulty in setting up comcast POP3 e-mail.

Regards,

-Jamma22-
    Last edited by aolumide; 12/07/2003 at 07:09 AM.
    -- "In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king" --
    Well, I've learned the following:

1) I can't connect to the Web using the free TMO WAP service using my Treo 180 and Blazer, due to proxy issues. If anyone has any way around this, please let me know!

2) No one on the free WAP service can connect to any HTTPS sites (since these are blocked).

Hmm... but at least I can get free e-mail access
    Originally posted by ThatAdamGuy
    Well, I've learned the following:

1) I can't connect to the Web using the free TMO WAP service using my Treo 180 and Blazer, due to proxy issues. If anyone has any way around this, please let me know!

2) No one on the free WAP service can connect to any HTTPS sites (since these are blocked).

Hmm... but at least I can get free e-mail access
    that's too bad. I was hoping Blazer would work. Have you tried Avantgo?
    I was just going to come here and update this!

Yes, Avantgo seems to work decently, though alas, it has no feature to save Favorites / Bookmarks, and that's a bit of a bummer :|
    Originally posted by ThatAdamGuy
    I was just going to come here and update this!

Yes, Avantgo seems to work decently, though alas, it has no feature to save Favorites / Bookmarks, and that's a bit of a bummer :|
    That's great! I'm still waiting for T-mobile to provision my GPRS. They're having trouble with my account for some reason.

Try getting Eudora's web browser. It should work fine but it's text only. Can't complain too much, free software working on free unlimited GPRS service.
    Yes, we might as well enjoy it while it lasts!

Hopefully it lasts a while, though. I just sent Basejet $45. It's very nice having my e-mail updated every 2 hours (I'd do it more often, but I don't like the thought of voice calls being sent to voicemail during e-mail queries/downloads).

And I'll definitely check out the Eudora browser. Thanks
    Ok, so I called TMo cs last night, and after talking to a very strong accented lady (tier 2 cs) who was teling me that my T600 is not WAP enabled, she added the free WAP service to my account - I only have a regular voice plan with family minutes and 2.99 sms -.

Cool! 1 hour later it was still giving me the error. I truned the wireless off, and then back on, and it worked! I almost felt like waking up my wife just to show off with my new stuff

One question remains though. The icon for the network is displaying what the T600 calls a dial-up (CSD) connection - you can reffer to page 135 in the manual to see exactly what I'm talking about. Shouldn't it display the nice big triangle with the antenna (because theoretically i would be on a GPRS network?). And if it's dial-up, does it go against my minutes, and do we get charged extra, like Sprint does to its customers?

Maybe you guys can help me out here!

Thanks

BTW - T600 rules!
    May the G4ce be with you
    The manual is wrong

For GSM phones...

1. Green Arrows = GPRS data connection
    2. Black Arrows = dialup (CSD) data connection
    3. No Arrows... just a telephone pole = voice only
    I can only hope you're right, as I've been going crazy with it in the last 24hrs. Also, is there a limit on the traffic, and are we getting charged?

Anyway, how do you turn off the GPRS. The only way I was able to was by turning the wireless off and then back on.
    Last edited by Scorpiusss; 12/12/2003 at 04:33 PM.
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by jaytee
    The manual is wrong

For GSM phones...

1. Green Arrows = GPRS data connection
    2. Black Arrows = dialup (CSD) data connection
    3. No Arrows... just a telephone pole = voice only
    Jaytee, can you tell me where you found this info? I did a search on hs site and I couldn't find anything. It does appear you're right, as when I have the green arrows, i am still able to receive calls, which should not be theoretically happening with a CSD connection.

Also for everybody, do you guys have anymore info on whether or not there're charges for the (free) WAP traffic, and if yes ( ) how much?
    May the G4ce be with you
    I've a T600 (Cingular) with a Tmo SIM card. I called Tmo this afternoon to check if I was going to be charged for the data access since I've been playing with my new toy for the past several weeks. I don't have any data plans at all. Yet, I've been able to access all the sites, except the ones which require HTTPS. The customer service rep assured me that I wasn't going to charged for any data access because her system didn't show me as having used any data at all.
    I was a little skeptical at first. However, I did receive my first Tmo bill this afternoon. I didn't see any charge for my data usage. All I got was a bill for $39.99 plus taxes. I've been using the T600 for over a month now.
    Scorpiusss

I found the info from both the forums here and from experimentation on my phone.
    Originally posted by jaytee
    Scorpiusss

I found the info from both the forums here and from experimentation on my phone.
    Jaytee, thanks alot. I did find references to it also after looking on some forums. thank you for your posts. i really appreciate it!
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by gsmith22
    I called T-Mobile this morning and got GPRS activated on my account for free. I don't have Tzones network as an option in network preferences, but do have a GPRS connection.

The GPRS icon shows I am connected, but Blazer won't load any pages, all I get is an error.

Anybody else seeing the same issue?
    Hi, can I ask how you ask t-mobile for the GPRS? I can not find any information on their web site. Maybe I am not looking under the right information.

TIA, epoints
    Originally posted by epoints

Hi, can I ask how you ask t-mobile for the GPRS? I can not find any information on their web site. Maybe I am not looking under the right information.

TIA, epoints
    epoints,

just tell them to add the free wap access to your account, in case you don't have it already. I have been a TMo for 2 years, and mine was not added. Now it works great. You don't need to tell them you have a T600, as I contradicted myself for 20 minutes with a tier 2 cs as to whether or not my T600 is WAP enabled. just tell them (if they ask) that you have a wap enabled phone, like a t68i. That'll save you time I have been using the GPRS for 5 days now non-stop (except for when I sleep ), and I just got off the phone with TMo to verify I don't have any data charges. Sure enough, it doesn't show anywhere!

Hope it helps
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss

epoints,

just tell them to add the free wap access to your account, in case you don't have it already. I have been a TMo for 2 years, and mine was not added. Now it works great. You don't need to tell them you have a T600, as I contradicted myself for 20 minutes with a tier 2 cs as to whether or not my T600 is WAP enabled. just tell them (if they ask) that you have a wap enabled phone, like a t68i. That'll save you time I have been using the GPRS for 5 days now non-stop (except for when I sleep ), and I just got off the phone with TMo to verify I don't have any data charges. Sure enough, it doesn't show anywhere!

Hope it helps
    Hi, Thanks for the posting.

Got another ? for you....Is WAP same as having t-zone access?
    Originally posted by epoints

Hi, Thanks for the posting.

Got another ? for you....Is WAP same as having t-zone access?
    Good question I have no idea! You have to have selected "T-Zones" in the network settings of the T600 in order for this to work, but otherwise, from what I know, with the free access you're not going to have access to the following: t-zones homepage (requires a wap-enabled browser only, blazer is bot wap and html), ftp, HPPS, IM. You get basic stuff like regular html and POP/SMTP/IMAP. For me this is enough!

Hope it helps!
    May the G4ce be with you
    Originally posted by Scorpiusss

Good question I have no idea! You have to have selected "T-Zones" in the network settings of the T600 in order for this to work, but otherwise, from what I know, with the free access you're not going to have access to the following: t-zones homepage (requires a wap-enabled browser only, blazer is bot wap and html), ftp, HPPS, IM. You get basic stuff like regular html and POP/SMTP/IMAP. For me this is enough!

Hope it helps!
    What about SMS ? Are you paying anything extra for that ?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast