Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I called T-Mobile this morning and got GPRS activated on my account for free. I don't have Tzones network as an option in network preferences, but do have a GPRS connection.

The GPRS icon shows I am connected, but Blazer won't load any pages, all I get is an error.

Anybody else seeing the same issue?
    Originally posted by yelofelo
    you should get access to pop imap smtp http for free! for how long? who knows, but the 4.99 and 9.99 plans don't buy us treo users much of anything as far as I can tell.
    This sounds great... I'm in the same situation as you, with the family plan, but one Treo on its way.

But re: pop imap - don't these use different ports? Doesn't pop use 110 and imap something else (too lazy to look it up)? Plus, if you require SSL authentication (I don't even know if there is a Palm mail program that has that feature), then that uses a different port, too.
    Sprinter,

I just loaded ESPN.com no problem- except it is slow with all of the graphics and no proxy server in the middle to shrink them.

The Hotmail site loads fine, but when I try to submit my name and password, it sits and spins forever. This doesn't look promising... I'm not sure what's different about Hotmail. Maybe they have a mobile interface I can try for you...
    Sprinter,

I just loaded ESPN.com no problem- except it is slow with all of the graphics and no proxy server in the middle to shrink them.

The Hotmail site loads fine, but when I try to submit my name and password, it sits and spins forever. This doesn't look promising... I'm not sure what's different about Hotmail. Maybe they have a mobile interface I can try for you...
    How about http://mobile.msn.com/hm/folder.aspx

I'm still anxiously waiting for FedEx to arrive with my Treo 600. Plus I think I need to wait 4 hrs to charge it before I go to T-Mobile to sign up for access.

Thanks!
    Now, will this JUST work on a 600, or has someone tried this on a 180/270? Because this sounds great,
    Nope, the 2nd hotmail link wouldn't work either. I assume it's a security thing... The basic free access must not allow SSL, or SHTML, or something like that. I don't have any other guesses.
    Or maybe it's a limitation of those lower priced T-Zone plans and ports being closed.
    Could someone with Tmobiles 19.99 Unlimited Internet plan try and see if they can access those unsuccessful sites listed above?

thanks
    I currently only have a Treo 180 (still waiting for T-mobile to get their act together with the 600) and I just tried calling and adding on T-Zones to my plan after reading this thread. When I asked to add the service, the rep claimed it wasn't available for my phone and that I'd need to get the $20 unlimited internet plan. Hmm. And in my network prefs, there is no T-Zones option... just T-Mobile Internet and T-Mobile VPN. I'll try again later with another rep I suppose....
    Hi following the advice posted here I signed up for unlimitted Tzone service and I'm able to surf the web using blazer without any problems, sms and mms messaging also works great.

When I try to use the HS mail app to get my pop3 email from my comcast account I get the following error message:

we were unable to login in to the mail server. Please go to the name tab of account settings and verify your email address & password. For further support contact your mail provider.

I've verified that the email address and password are correct, anyone using this setup successfully? If so can you shed some light in correcting the problem?
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Just want to be sure you understand,

SMS and MMS are not included in any of the plans- even the $20 plan. If you haven't separately signed up for one or both messaging services, you will be paying per message. $.05 for sms and I think $.25 per MMS
    Just want to be sure you understand,

SMS and MMS are not included in any of the plans- even the $20 plan. If you haven't separately signed up for one or both messaging services, you will be paying per message. $.05 for sms and I think $.25 per MMS
    Yes I understood that, thanks........ I also signed up for 500 sms messages for $2.99, I didn't know what the MMS messaging cost so I'll check into that further.

Can you shed any light on setting up HS email with Comcast through Tzones?
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Regarding comcast, I don't have a clue.

Just be sure to choose "other" on the mail service, set user name, password, POP3 & SMTP servers. You should be good. I use corporate mail, but my wife uses SBC, which was one of the preset options. We just entered name and password and it fired up first try.
    Originally posted by stephman
    Or maybe it's a limitation of those lower priced T-Zone plans and ports being closed.
    Could someone with Tmobiles 19.99 Unlimited Internet plan try and see if they can access those unsuccessful sites listed above?

thanks
    My T600 came today, and I am mentally overloaded beyond belief right now (12 hours later), but I'm taking a break right now so I thought I'd answer.

Bought a T-Mobile SIM this afternoon with the $40 600 minute plan and the $20 vpn internet plan added on.

I just typed in the URL in the message above:

And after entering my username and passwork, it works just fine.

Bill S
    Expecting my T6 tomorrow via Fedex overnight. Already have
    T-Mobile's $39.99 600 min plan for my Nokia 7210. The plan originally came with an unlimited T-zones pro 1-month promo at the time (about a year ago), which has since expired.

However, I'm still able to access the T-zones homepage et al.

Suffice it to say that the discussions on this thread have been very helpful and informative. Thanks for sharing.

Peace,

-Jamma-
    Originally posted by tvBilly
    My T600 came today, and I am mentally overloaded beyond belief right now (12 hours later), but I'm taking a break right now so I thought I'd answer.
    Bought a T-Mobile SIM this afternoon with the $40 600 minute plan and the $20 vpn internet plan added on.
    I just typed in the URL in the message above:
    And after entering my username and passwork, it works just fine.
    Bill S
    Thanks for checking that for us!
    I had the $20 Internet plan but I canceled it yesterday via the t-mobile web site. I had heard that GPRS was kinda/sorta free and wanted to test it out. I had a couple of problems.

Once I canceled the Internet, within an hour my phone would no longer connect to GPRS. I waited until the next day but it still wouldn't connect. So I called and had them put the $4.99 t-zones on my plan. I verified that t-zones was on my account via the website. After that, it still wouldn't connect for the next several hours.

I called and went to tier 2 support and he typed some stuff to activate my GPRS and then it immediately started working. So this tells me that GPRS service is definitely something separate that they need to switch on/off in addition to t-zones. It is probably possible to keep GPRS enabled without t-zones or an Internet plan but I didn't ask the tier 2 guy, though I did try to do that with the salespeople to no avail. Well, they didn't say "no" but they didn't understand what I was asking about.

Anyways, $4.99 is definitely better than $19.99. I do notice some difference in that I cannot use the internet2.voicestream.com access point any more, but now I must use the wap.voicestream.com. Apparently this logs you into a separate domain which has port restrictions. Definitely have port 80, and whatever AgileMessenger uses on my Nokia to connect to Jabber. I've lost some ports which RealOne requires but I think I can construct a proxy for that.

Hmm. I should try to run through the ports and see what works. I'll repost with that later.
    Originally posted by potatoho
    ... Anyways, $4.99 is definitely better than $19.99. I do notice some difference in that I cannot use the internet2.voicestream.com access point any more, but now I must use the wap.voicestream.com. Apparently this logs you into a separate domain which has port restrictions....
    1. With T-Zones, are you able to access your Mobile T-Zones page from your Treo 600? I cannot from T-Mobile Internet only from my desktop), but getmorespeed is accesible.

2. Do you notice any differences in downlaod speeds?
    Originally posted by elysian9
    1. With T-Zones, are you able to access your Mobile T-Zones page from your Treo 600? I cannot from T-Mobile Internet only from my desktop), but getmorespeed is accesible.

2. Do you notice any differences in downlaod speeds?
    I didn't try this when I had a Treo 600. I don't notice any speed differences on my current device, I think it is just port restrictions.
    I think I found the flaw in the free GRPS theory...

I cannot access anything secure- stuff with address as HTTPS://

As I understand it, HTTPS:// uses port 443, which must be blocked. Is this something that can be dealt with utilizing a proxy server or not?

Is the only way to fix this to go with the $19.99 plan?
    Whew, this takes too long. Here are some non-blocked ports with t-zones: 25, 80, 110, 143, 993. Interestingly I cannot get 9200-9207 to connect to work. I thought those were the WAP ports. Perhaps only UDP which I didn't test, or some other restriction on that.

I tried 21, 22, 23, 443, 8080 and they don't work. The missing 8080 concerns me a little. Actually I think the Internet plan was blocking that too because I always had a problem going to the slashdot palm site.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast