Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    From what I hear, it seems that T-Mobile is much more lenient than AT&T in regards to their policy on unlocking phones at the customer's request.
    RayUSA

"The future will be better tomorrow."
    - Dan Quayle
    T-Mobile will unlock on reasonable request like if you are travelling outside the US or purchased a US phone but actually a resident outside the US.

You mention that T-Mobile has unlimited internet for $20 but I don't see that in T-Mobile's site. Where did you get that pricing?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Originally posted by RayUSA
    Sorry for the double post, computer has been acting up, posted twice.

Anyway, I was saying that I'm tired of waiting for T-Mobile and their indefinite release date for the Treo 600. I am now considering AT&T and getting my Treo 600 now!

Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Is T-Mobile worth the wait or should I go with AT&T? Pros? Cons?
    well, me being in my mid 20s and having horrible credit, im with at&t. i am moving to a treo 600 soon but right now i have a motorola mpx200. i bought the phone then called the customer service and told them i wanted a go phone sim card and they got it for me. only thing i use is my debit card to pay the monthly fees. i am not under contract and i didnt have to pay a deposit. i pay 39.99 for 400 anytime minutes and i have unlimited nights and weekends. thats almost unheard of as a prepaid cellular rate. and i just use my regular cell minutes to check my email and browse the web because i have dsl access at home
    Originally posted by ronbo2000
    T-Mobile will unlock on reasonable request like if you are travelling outside the US or purchased a US phone but actually a resident outside the US.

You mention that T-Mobile has unlimited internet for $20 but I don't see that in T-Mobile's site. Where did you get that pricing?

Thanks
    Choose any phone plan of $29.99 or higher on their site and the option for $19.99 unlimited data can be added on (look under "Optional Services to enhance your national rate plan" on the "more details" page of any phone plan, or similar area on regional plans).

I've asked T-Mo customer service about unlocking phones, and they claim they'll do it if asked. I've been a customer of theirs for almost 2 yrs and I'm quite happy with customer service. The only time they haven't been helpful is with the Treo 600 launch, and that's cuz I think nobody really knows anything...
  5.    #25  
    Well, it's Dec. 8th already and still no word about a T-Mobile release date. The last day to use the AT&T $399 upgrade deal is Dec. 15th so we basically have one more week to decide.

I only hope that the official T-Mobile Treo 600 release will have lots of extras to make it worth waiting and not getting the unlocked Cingular Treo 600 when we could have.

T-Mobile, are you listening?
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    T-Mobile by far. I had AT&T a year ago and wasn't impressed. Unless they have improved things since then, they don't have a web site to tell you your minutes used durring the month and their voice mail system makes you listen to the whole message beffore you can delete it. With T-Mobile you don't need to spend the $20 on unlimited internet unless you ar connecting using a laptop. The $4.99 T-Zones or the Free internet (see the discussion on the 180/270 hardware forum) both work great with a Treo and are also unlimited data. T-Mobile has the cheapest way to get a wireless data connection. I have been using T-Zones for almost a year browsing the internet and getting e-mail with a treo 180.
    FYI: You CAN check your minutes on the ATT website. I have been doing it for 10 months now. You can only do it on GSM service, though. You can even check your data usage as it occurs.

I don't know which is better. If you use a lot of data, then tmo is best and if you need better phone coverage then it is a toss up. ATT is in the process of filling in its gaps of the 1900 mHZ coverage with 850 mHz system. When that finishes who knows which will be better.

Let's hope Cingular swallows up ATT so that the tmo unlimited plans continue(and can roam for free on the Cingualatt system). Its a perfect fit; both have lousy data plans and are using 850 mHZ GSM in selected areas.
    Here in South Texas the TMO deal is 3000 anytime minutes for $49.95 which is less than half that of sprint and the only reason I am impatiently waiting for the TMo HS600 instead of changing carriers. The $ and immediacy differences are very quickly eaten up by the cost/minute. The signs in the TMO store say unlimited internet for 19.95/29.95. As I have never used that service I do not know why the two prices. I have found the TMO staff here to be very pleasant but helpless during this seemingly interminable wait.
    John

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)
    Here in South Texas the TMO deal is 3000 anytime minutes for $49.95 which is less than half that of sprint and the only reason I am impatiently waiting for the TMo HS600 instead of changing carriers. The $ and immediacy differences are very quickly eaten up by the cost/minute. The signs in the TMO store say unlimited internet for 19.95/29.95. As I have never used that service I do not know why the two prices. I have found the TMO staff here to be very pleasant but helpless during this seemingly interminable wait.
    John

"I can write better than anybody who can write faster, and I can write faster than anybody who can write better."
    - A. J. Liebling (1904-1963)
  10.    #30  
    Any more opinions or experiences on whether AT&T or T-Mobile is the better GSM carrier?

Price
    GSM Coverage
    Customer Service
    Billing
    Etc.
    RayUSA

- Dan Quayle
    If you want a good balanced discussion on Carriers, your best bet is to go to Howardforums.com. You can find elaborate discussions about wireless carriers, phones, brands, and the like. T-Mobile has always been GSM, AT&T is still in the process of moving from TDMA technology to GSM, much like Cingular is doing, so some AT&T markets are not yet up and running GSM. T-Mobile was built GSM from the start, so every market is GSM. T-Mobile customer service is much better than AT&T, and calls are answered in a timely manner, where with AT&T, waits on hold average 30-45 minutes to talk to a rep.
    shf
    Originally posted by harvey
    ...snip...The signs in the TMO store say unlimited internet for 19.95/29.95. As I have never used that service I do not know why the two prices. ...snip...
    - 19.95 is the price for unlimited data services if you already have a qualifying voice plan.
    - 29.95 is what the unlimited data plan would cost without a qualifying voice plan (if you make voice calls under this data plan, you'll be charged by the minute).
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12