1.    #1  
    The cingular treo 600 came with a GPRS profile and a CSD profile. Gprs works dandy but CSD does not. It very could be a error on my account setup but I just thought I would check and see if anyone else is getting the slow but cheap data working with cingular?
    David
    You have to be sure that Cingular has provisioned CSD properly. CSD works fine on my T600 (and the T600 now seems to have an automatic fallback where it starts with GPRS [Cingular Wireless Internet Express] and if that fails it switches to Wireless Internet [CSD]). Give Cingular CS a call.
    Originally posted by djs_tx
    The cingular treo 600 came with a GPRS profile and a CSD profile. Gprs works dandy but CSD does not. It very could be a error on my account setup but I just thought I would check and see if anyone else is getting the slow but cheap data working with cingular?
    David
    I had the same problem. A call to tech support and they reset the data dial # (CSD) on my account and I was up in a flash.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    GPRS should give you green arrows at your Tower and CSD black arrows.

Over four days I have spent at least 6 hours on the phone with Cingular regarding MMS. MMS is both GPRS and SMS based. I bounced back and forth between Handspring and Cingular. Turned out it was a Cingular problem. While doing that I learned how to us my CSD.

I have been a Cingular/Pac Bell customer for 4 years.
    If you are having those kind of problems with Cingular usually helps to get past Customer service to Data services. Sometimes that is hard, sometimes easy. Be polite. Believe me with T-mobile this is near impossible.

Ask them if they have tried unprovisioning your Internet services and reprovisioning them again. That was my MMS problem.

This has worked for me on two occasions. I have had wonderful customer service from No. California, if you get Louisiana/Mississippi forget it, Cingular there is incredibly rude.

I am in SoCal