1.    #1  
    Has ANYONE here who ordered a Cingular T600 from Handspring WITH a Rate Plan on Nov. 2-3 received ANY change in status from "Order Received" yet???

It appears that ordering a Rate Plan with the phone was indeed a very serious mistake!!! I ordered at 6:14 AM on 11/03, and my status is STILL "Order Received"! And the last I heard, the same has happened to at least two others here. Meanwhile, those who had the good sense to order at that time w/o a Rate Plan have their phones by now!

If you ordered on Nov. 2 or 3, with a Cingular Rate Plan, could you please post the current status of your order, especially if you've seen movement beyond "Order Received"?
    The Treo 600 may be "Buck Rogers," but Handspring Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!
    I ordered on 11/2 with a Cingular Rate Plan, and I still haven't received it yet either. In fact I thought I was gonna be one of the first because my order processed or it appeared to be processed a week and a half ago with awaiting shipment, and an email from HS stating that Cingular had approved my Rate Plan. Since then my status has played musical chairs, and still sits on Awaiting Shipment.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Order Date:
    11/03/2003 10:41:40 AM Order Status:
    Order Received

Ordered new Cingular plan because I had an old non-gsm family talk plan. No movement yet.
  4.    #4  
    I think we're starting to see some movement. When I got home late this afternoon, nada. Then quickly I went from "Order Received" ---> "Credit Card Approved" ---> "Carrier Credit Check" ---> "Awaiting Shipment"....all of this in just a few hours this late afternoon/evening. I also received two emails from HS, the first to notify me of carrier service plan approval, the second was an order confirmation.

So now 3 of us (myself and 2 other guys I've been corresponding with) are all at the "Awaiting Shipment" stage. Let's hope they get our phones in Fedex's hands quickly! I trust Fedex's competency, I don't trust Handspring's!!!

Also called Fedex regarding delivery policies on "Standard Overnight Shipping," which is what HS uses. If HS ships out tomorrow, we'll get our Treos Wednesday. If it ships out Wednesday, we'll get it Friday. And if it ships out Friday, we'll get it Monday.
    I ordered the Cingular T600 w/o plan today. I am CONFUSED about which plan to order...Did you guys get the "Wireless Internet Express" which carges by MB used, or something else????

Sure seems MUCH more expensive than Sprint's AYCE plan.

PLEASE ADVISE
    Hitting 'Em Hard, Long and Straight
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Order Date:
    11/03/2003 10:41:40 AM Order Status:
    Awaiting Shipment
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by Architect
    I ordered the Cingular T600 w/o plan today. I am CONFUSED about which plan to order...Did you guys get the "Wireless Internet Express" which carges by MB used, or something else????

Sure seems MUCH more expensive than Sprint's AYCE plan.

PLEASE ADVISE
    I've been with Sprint for years, and am only changing now to GSM because of overseas compatibility. So what I say is not through personal experience (except for Sprint), but only through heresay here. However, the consensus seems to be:

Cingular (GSM) - Advantages - Better nationwide coverage than T-Mobile, monthly rollover minutes
    Disadvantages - Outrageously priced data plans

T-Mobile (GSM) - Advantages - Reasonably priced unlimited data plan, reputedly excellent customer service, $10 montly discount on their Wi-Fi plan if you're a T-Mobile subscriber

Disadvantages - Limited nationwide coverage outside of major metropolitan areas, no rollover minutes

AT&T (GSM) - Advantages - None that I can see!
    Disadvantages - Outrageously priced data plans, no rollover minutes, smaller coverage areas, pitiful customer service (if their wired service customer service is any indication)

Sprint (CDMA) - Advantages - You can actually get a Sprint T600 RIGHT NOW!, reasonably priced unlimited data plan, excellent nationwide coverage, acceptable (not completely awful) customer service
    Disadvantages - It's CDMA, so as soon as you fly over salt water, your T600 becomes an expensive brick!

These are just my limited experiences with Sprint and what I've read about the other carriers here. So, I'm sure there will soon be people posting here who will disagree with one or more of these opinions. But you know what they say about opinions....they're like you know what, everyone's got one!
    Thanks for the good carrier summary. Based on the research I've done, I would say your pretty much on target. The only thing I would add is that Cingular voice-plans are a little cheaper then the rest.

I do have a question though, you remarked about Cingular having better coverage then T-Mobile, but then said Sprint had "Excellent" coverage. I've never used Sprint, and have only had my Cingular T600 for 9 days now, but in reviewing their coverage maps, it appeared to me that Cingular might have equal or better coverage nationwide. Just curious if others feel the same way.

Thanks...