Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I doubt we will see any movement for a couple of days, but can we keep track of orders placed on the 4th and after?

I order on the 18th, so probably the eailiest i will see it is the 2nd or god forbid the 16th. eeek.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    If it makes you feel any better, I ordered on the 3rd, and it'll probably be until then until I have a WORKING one.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Originally posted by Felipe
    I doubt we will see any movement for a couple of days, but can we keep track of orders placed on the 4th and after?

I order on the 18th, so probably the eailiest i will see it is the 2nd or god forbid the 16th. eeek.
    I tried to do just that check out:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=42213

It would be nice if treocentral could make a sticky of this, with so many posts it falls off of the front page in just of couple of minutes/hours.

So far it seems that the majority of users are waiting an average of 3 weeks from order date, if we could get a larger percentage of users to respond the results would be more accurate!

I seperated the CDMA users from the GSM users in case the results would be very carrier dependent.
    Last edited by Prismatic; 11/24/2003 at 10:57 AM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    i second prismatic's motion that his poll be "stickied"... let's see how "well" HS handles the process --in real time.

-b
    History is the version of events that the victors wrote --Napoleon
    I just spoke with an HS CSR. He told me it is taking the full 4 weeks to get the cingular models out. I ordered mine (after owning a sprint version they shipped the same day as ordered, which my wife has now) last week. So, it will be almost a month to get mine! I plan on using it with tmobile.
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...
    I just spoke to HS CSR and they say that it will take them about 5 weeks to ship orders...!!!! ..DRAT!!!!
    Originally posted by smharmon
    I just spoke with an HS CSR. He told me it is taking the full 4 weeks to get the cingular models out. I ordered mine (after owning a sprint version they shipped the same day as ordered, which my wife has now) last week. So, it will be almost a month to get mine! I plan on using it with tmobile.
    Originally posted by metaphor
    I just spoke to HS CSR and they say that it will take them about 5 weeks to ship orders...!!!! ..DRAT!!!!
    4 weeks, 5 weeks, Anyone for 6

I'm waiting like most everyone else on this thread for a Cingular GSM Treo, I hope that the above information proves to be as inaccurate as the information has been about the exact date of the the Tmobile release.

Let's hope that the Treo 600 shipping information: Updated November 17, 2003 on handsprings site 2-4 weeks from order date is still correct.
    Welll once again..High Hopes...The HS CSR did tell me that they do not have any inventory of Treo 600 .. Cingular. The expected date for fresh inventory..is according to her... 8th December....
    well that TOTALLY sucks!
    There is another thread in the Treo 600 hardware forum where users who ordered the Cingular GSM T600 have had their status changed , today they are filling orders for the 4th & 5th, approx. 19 days from order date.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42345/s.html
    I ordered 11/6 at about noon..

Still at Order Received.

sigh
    Cingular order

Order Date: 11/04/2003 08:27:05 AM
    Order Status: Awaiting Shipment

I just got an email this morning informing me of the status change. Good Luck
    i ordered my T600 on 11/6, sans Cingular plan.

there was no movement until today. first came the "credit card approved" email this morning. i just checked again it is now "awaiting shipment." i think i see light at the end of the T600 waiting tunnel.

i am an existing 180 Cingular user. my 180 miraculously broke around the same time the Sprint GSM one came out, and i have been jumping through every hoop imaginable to keep a T600 in possession while waiting for the HS GSM one to ship. this will be my third and hopefully final T600.

i first ordered the Sprint model to a) solve my 180 problem, b)hedge against excessive delays in the GSM ship date and excessive GSM pricing, and c) satisfy my insatiable curiosity. of course, i was only able to use that for 14 days b4 i had to cancel w/ sprint to get a full refund. almost as painful as waiting for the T600 was having to return it.

luckily, a Cingular corp store had a T600 in my area and i snatched it up on the 17th so i was only w/o the T600 for a few days. of course, Cingular also has a 15 day return policy. so news that my HS order could take up to 4 weeks for delivery was making me fret that i could yet again be forced to set aside the T600 until the one i ordered from HS arrived.

it hasn't shipped yet and i certainly don't want to jinx myself, but hoping to get that last email very soon...
  14.    #14  
    woo hoo.

ordered the 18th and now my CC was approved.

damn the thanksgiving holiday, guess it will be monday b4 it ships. darn darn darn.

happy thanksgiving all.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Felipe
    woo hoo.

ordered the 18th and now my CC was approved.

damn the thanksgiving holiday, guess it will be monday b4 it ships. darn darn darn.

I think patients is still in order... Ordered the 4th got status change to "Awaiting Shipping" this past Monday (11/24). No movement since. I am now predicting that the device won't ship until sometime next week even though my perception was that Awaiting Shipping translates to imminent shipping (within 24-48 hours).

As much as I really love this device, my feelings toward to is becoming very negative.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
    Ordered on 11/21...just got my CC approved. Went to teh Handspring Order page to check my order status...it is now officially "Awaiting Shipment"! Hope I get it next week...I can't wait to get my T600!
    I talked with a HS CSR, and was told that they don't even have any gsm cingular models to ship, and that shipment won't arrive until the 8th of December. I ordered on the 25th, and have the "awaiting shipment" status too.
    <c>Searching for happiness. 33 pdas later I find the GSM Treo 600. Now Ebayers love my pdas. I love my Treo...
    Originally posted by smharmon
    I talked with a HS CSR, and was told that they don't even have any gsm cingular models to ship, and that shipment won't arrive until the 8th of December. I ordered on the 25th, and have the "awaiting shipment" status too.
    Did you talk to HS after you (and many others) found that their orders were undergoing credit card processing (Wednesday), or earlier in the week?

I ordered on 11/19 and was hopeful. But once those that ordered on Tuesday also noticed movement in their orders I became skeptical, but still hopeful.

Maybe HS got a big batch of Cingular Treo 600's in?
    Talked to them yesterday
    After more than a month of HS CSRs saying 2-3 weeks and "we don't know when it will be available" it's amazing that they now "know" that the next shipment is coming in on 12/8. I'm not sure I know what to make of all of that. As I mentioned in another post, I'm telling myself I won't see a T600 until mid-December. If it gets here earlier than that it's a bonus. If not, I won't be set up for disappointment one more time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast