1.    #1  
    Woo! My T600 is on the truck and awaiting delivery! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

But, I'm off topic.

I spoke to both T-Mobile and Asurion CSRs to determine if a handset purchased through an entity other than T-Mobile could be insured by T-Mobile subscribers.

The answer is "a partial yes". The only condition is replacement equipment claim constraints. The Asurion CSR said that if an exact match for replacement could not be obtained from their, or T-Mobile's inventory, a replacement would be made that was the closest match to the capabilities to your handset.

For all of us early adopters who have purchased the Cingular branded version of the phone, this really only affects us if I need to make a claim before T-Mobile makes the T600 available, or if I don't make a claim until the T600 is old and outdated.

BTW, I also asked about claim limits (worried that the claim limit may not cover the cost of a new T600) and was told that the maximum claim limit is $1000 per policy. Whew!

I feel much better about keeping my T600, now. Hope this helps someone!

(As an afterthought, because of this info, I have an EXTRA T600, for sale, that I have preordered through T-Mobile. The only question is going to be, "When will it be released?" Any takers?)
  2.    #2  
    By the way ...

Monthly insurance charges for the Asurion handset insurance (as well as select accessories) are $3.99/month per T-Mobile.
    Originally posted by Cliffy15
    By the way ...

Monthly insurance charges for the Asurion handset insurance (as well as select accessories) are $3.99/month per T-Mobile.
    Thanks Cliffy, this is great news. I saw your previous post about the $1,000 max claim, do you know the details of what the policy covers for example, does it cover screen breakage, or a unit that is lost or stolen.

If it covers those situations, it would be surely worth the $3.99 premium per month.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Thanks Cliffy, this is great news. I saw your previous post about the $1,000 max claim, do you know the details of what the policy covers for example, does it cover screen breakage, or a unit that is lost or stolen.

If it covers those situations, it would be surely worth the $3.99 premium per month.
    There is a $35 deductible ($75 during first 60 days). THe $1000 limit is for the wireless equipment. There's a $100 limit for accessories.

It covers:

- Loss
    - Theft
    - Physical damage

Up to 2 claims in a 12 month period are allowed.

You could get a copy of the plan here:

http://www.asurion.com/tmobile/
    Originally posted by Sprinter
    .....snip...
    You could get a copy of the plan here:

http://www.asurion.com/tmobile/
    Thanks sprinter, I'm going to print a copy of the plan, and I *plan* to pick up the coverage as soon as I get my new Treo 600.

Thank you both for the info!
    ***Duplicate, won't delete***

Has anyone been able to get the delete message feature of this board to work, when I've tried I get the following message:

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Even though I was the one who posted the original message????????????
    Last edited by Prismatic; 11/21/2003 at 11:21 PM.