1.    #1  
    Playing around with the Treo upgrade page on the handspring site, I've noticed that my T-mobile Treo80 serial number now seems to give me the option of upgrading my treo to a 600 by using the Cingular option. Odd that it doesn't seem to ask me to prolong my plan or anything like that... Anyone tried this?
    Handspring will most definitely upgrade your phone (with a valid serial) even if you are on a T-Mobile network!

Follow the upgrade program link, and specify that you will be ordering using your existing service (they assume Cingular). You will get your Cingular T600 for $399 and you'll be able to insert your T-Mobile SIM upon receipt.

That was the only option for me as I live in Hawaii and we have no cingular service here (I heard a rumour that they will be coming here next year, though). I ordered my Cingular upgrade T600 from HS and am now "awaiting shipment". =)

As far as we've been able to tell, there aren't any issues with using a T-Mobile SIM in the Cingular branded version of the phone. At least