Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 51
  1.    #1  
    Mid-December..... I'll let you all know why as soon as I can confirm.... but the date has definetly been pushed off

    -Mike
  2. jhetzel's Avatar
    Posts
    278 Posts
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    #2  
    GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    Tell a man there are 300 billion stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

    Check out my crazy Golden Retrievers!
  3. #3  
    Gee, what a suprise! At least if you were smart enough to order the Cingular version on Nov. 2 or 3, you'll get some satisfaction at least a month sooner now that there is some movement in these upgrade orders.
    shf
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Mid-December..... I'll let you all know why as soon as I can confirm.... but the date has definetly been pushed off

    -Mike
    I called T-mobile to make some changes to my calling plans today, and just for fun asked about the Treo 600. To my surprise the CSR found the Treo in his system, when I asked him if I could order it. He told me to order it from Handspring.

    I got tired of waiting, and pre-ordered the unlocked GSM Cingular Treo, I suspect many other users have as well.

    Here is a poll: http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t42199/s.html
    No good deed goes unpunished
  5. #5  
    Originally posted by shfawaz
    Gee, what a suprise! At least if you were smart enough to order the Cingular version on Nov. 2 or 3, you'll get some satisfaction at least a month sooner now that there is some movement in these upgrade orders.
    I got my Cingular comin'...Awaiting Shipment -

    Yeah Baby, Yeah!...from "The ISP That Shagged Me"
    Last edited by dspires; 11/18/2003 at 08:39 PM.
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by Prismatic


    I got tired of waiting, and pre-ordered the unlocked GSM Cingular Treo, I suspect many other users have as well.

    I just did too. What a fool I was to wait. And I answered the survey from BizRate and made some nasty comments. Useless, but made me feel better.
  7. #7  
    I just emailed TMo and they are still sticking by the 22nd (Saturday?) as the date to purchase the GSM. Strange. I noticed my "back-up" order through BLT was pushed back todya, AGAIN, from the 21 to the 30th. I've never owned a Handspring pda/phone and I can't believe this is the way they handle the launch of their products.
    Btw, I thought you all might like to see the excuse BLT gave me in an email for my third delay on my Treo order: "Ships are back logged in harbors for container checks due to the reasons that are in the headlines today." Can you believe it! What a load of crap!
  8. #8  
    Hhmmmm... strange this delay is.
    Perhaps this will be good for us T-Mobile hold-outs.
  9. #9  
    Ingram is showing December 31! Looks like next year for unbranded/unlocked avail. I'm about to lose my launch!
  10. #10  
    If T-Mobile is "going to wait" til the New Year to START selling the TREO 600 then the "window of opportunity" will have narrowed considerably - the TREO 600 will be an "old" device by then and its sufficient-sales lifetime will be short.

    Probably too short, IMHO.

    I smell "No Sale" at T-Mobile for this version of the TREO 600.
  11. #11  
    Originally posted by SeldomVisitor


    I smell "No Sale" at T-Mobile for this version of the TREO 600.
    Ditto.
    Last edited by daftgem; 11/19/2003 at 08:37 AM.


    FS: GSM Treo 600 with Accesories.... here.
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by winebrat
    I just emailed TMo and they are still sticking by the 22nd (Saturday?) as the date to purchase the GSM. Strange. I noticed my "back-up" order through BLT was pushed back todya, AGAIN, from the 21 to the 30th. I've never owned a Handspring pda/phone and I can't believe this is the way they handle the launch of their products.
    Btw, I thought you all might like to see the excuse BLT gave me in an email for my third delay on my Treo order: "Ships are back logged in harbors for container checks due to the reasons that are in the headlines today." Can you believe it! What a load of crap!
    You have to remember - HS was near bankrupt! They were a TEENIE TINY company. So everything is handled by them in a minor league way.

    They probably pay their bills late and so they get their inventory in short drips and drabs (pay, receive, sell, use sales to buy more).

    They probably couldn't get GSMs in volume until they collected their money from Sprint sales and then their manufacturer probably doesn't put deadbeats at the front of the production line.

    This has happened with HS time and again with all their Treo launches. And it's probably also why they have been plagued by product returns and poor manufacturing finish.

    I tell you, if you can really swing it, you should avoid HS like the plague.....
  13. #13  
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Ingram is showing December 31! Looks like next year for unbranded/unlocked avail. I'm about to lose my launch!
    BLT just moved my order to December 31 as well.
  14. #14  
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    Mid-December..... I'll let you all know why as soon as I can confirm.... but the date has definetly been pushed off

    -Mike
    Mike, update?
  15. vebix's Avatar
    Posts
    313 Posts
    Global Posts
    324 Global Posts
    #15  
    This is a bummer. Is there any way for a t-mobile user to get the GSM treo for the $399 upgrade cost, or do we have no choice but to wait, or pay out the wazoo?

    Seriously, it feels like the 600 has been out for so long that I'm bored of it already, and I don't even have mine yet. I thought this was supposed to be the release that made up for previous treo releases? I don't remember my 270 purchase being dragged out this much.

    *sigh* I'll probably still wait, but this is becoming a real downer.
  16. #16  
    This is a nightmare. Obviously, Handspring has made a deal with the carriers that they won't sell unlocked GSM Treos until each carrier has had their three week window of opportunity to sell their "branded" units. I am totally disgusted with this.
  17. #17  
    Is there any reason at all not to just buy one of the Cingular units from Handspring to use on T-Mobile? That's what I'm considering.
  18. #18  
    This is a pretty sorry state of affairs.

    It's funny, but this is the first time that being an early adoptor has helped me:

    I'm a T-Mobile user. Being a Treo fanatic, I ordered a Sprint Treo 600 at $399 as an upgrade, got a new number (no contract), forwarded my T-Mobile number to the new Sprint Treo 600 (been using it and loving it). I then ordered the Cingular one on Nov 2nd for $399 (I had 2 270's whose serial numbers I used). As soon as I get it, I'll cancel my Sprint number and go back to using T-Mobile by dropping my SIM card in the Cingular phone. I will sell my Sprint phone on eBay.

    I hope to break even or even make some money on selling my Sprint Treo 600. The most I would have lost is one month's service on the Sprint number and the activation fee. I might even get some of that back if I make money on the Sprint Treo 600 sale.
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by silverado
    This is a pretty sorry state of affairs.

    It's funny, but this is the first time that being an early adoptor has helped me:

    I'm a T-Mobile user. Being a Treo fanatic, I ordered a Sprint Treo...
    Good deal.

    As a GSM user, how do you like Sprint CDMA? Curious to know about Blazer preformance, etc. Other differences worthy of mention?

    Using a GSM now on T-mobile. (Whatver the problems is between them and HS has got to be BS, because the darn thing is totally fine on TMO.)
  20. #20  
    Originally posted by archie
    Hhmmmm... strange this delay is.
    Perhaps this will be good for us T-Mobile hold-outs.
    I don't see how this could possibly be misconstrued as anything but more bad news from T-mobile.

    If things don't change soon this phone is destined to be the ******* step-child in the T-mobile line up.

    Its unfortunate because T-mobile has good coverage and great service in my area and I fully intend to use my Cingular GSM Treo on the T-mobile network, once I receive it.
    No good deed goes unpunished
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions