Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Originally posted by Jahead

Do you mean that http requests go through a proxy with T-Mobile regardless of the browser that's being used? Does image compression always happen with T-Mobile?
    I wasn't aware of this either as I've been using a dial-up account with my Treo 270 on tmobile, I intend to sign up for GPRS as soon as I receive my 600.

Can anyone confirm the above?
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Felipe

WBO,

did you confirm?
    Heard from T-mobile store in Seattle area. The store manager was able to look up on his system earlier today (T-mobile has since taken it down) that the Treo 600 will go on sale on 11/24.

Hope they get thier act together...or off to cingular I go!
    jumphrey
    Originally posted by jumphrey

Hope they get thier act together...or off to cingular I go!
    Same here... It's cutting it close to the Cingular deadline, but if HS does not offer the T-Mo version on Monday, I'm ordering Cingular.

Michael
    Okay, this might be a stupid question. But is the 24th the last day that you can order a 600 from Cingular, or is it the 23rd? I'm assuming the last day to order it is the 24th.
    FWIW:

BLT is no longer showing availability of numbers and dates. Now it says this:

"This special order item ships directly from the factory, or is ordered from the factory as needed. Shipping usually occurs within three to ten business days." Just a default notification while they change the real information or what?

GSMPhoneSource is showing availability the "week of 11/24."

DreamPages/DPComputer is showing:

"Handspring Treo 600 for GSM/GPRS Networks": Without Activation - Pre-order - Due 12/31. I presume this means unbranded units.

Spoke to a TMO CSR on another matter and he mentioned that he heard HS and TMO have been in a dogfight over the T600 for weeks. Like I said, FWIW.
    For those T-Mo subscribers holding out and debating the Cingular version two things:

1) I just got my "Cingular" Treo 600 Quad Band GSM today and I am using it on T-Mobile sans problems, as forecast.

2) You can always return within 30 days, which, FWIW, a HS tech rep recommended I should do once the T-Mo version is released. A suggestion which I found to very, very curious. The only advantage, if any, that I've been able to ascertain through multiple conversations with HS reps has to do with GPRS throughput, ie, you might see slightly faster data rates for the T-Mo on T-Mobile and for the Cingular on Cingular
    Tmo Folks,

Check with your local dealer. I did so last month, asking him to contact me via email when the device was available. Got an email from him yesterday, advising I could pick it up tomorrow, Monday. New England area. CT specifically. I was so excited, I forgot to ask the price (duuhhh). I should get a response to that email later today.

Note: I'm switching over my Verizon phone number, plus killing a Tmo Sidekick data-only plan-- all to be replaced with the Tmo Treo600. I've worked up plans thru this particular guy before, and he's proven to be a gem. Since my order specs are a bit more complex than usual, I'm willing to pay a premium in exchange for a Tmo rep I know I can trust, as well as the expediency factor. So, if the price at the Tmo store is $450 or under, I'll bite. Otherwise, I'll upgrade via Handspring for the $399 price. I'll come back later today (Sunday) to edit this to advise of the in-store price.
    Originally posted by WebSter
    Tmo Folks,

Check with your local dealer. I did so last month, asking him to contact me via email when the device was available. Got an email from him yesterday, advising I could pick it up tomorrow, Monday. New England area. CT specifically. I was so excited, I forgot to ask the price (duuhhh). I should get a response to that email later today.
    WebSter, which Cingular store are they going to be available at on Mon? I tried calling a few stores Fri, with no luck. They told me to try callings Mon. and Fri. as those were the days they get their shipments in.

Thanks for any info!

btw. the stores I called were in the Meriden, Cromwell and Rocky Hill area.
    Originally posted by stephman

WebSter, which Cingular store are they going to be available at on Mon? I tried calling a few stores Fri, with no luck. They told me to try callings Mon. and Fri. as those were the days they get their shipments in.

Thanks for any info!

btw. the stores I called were in the Meriden, Cromwell and Rocky Hill area.
    WebSter was talking about T-Mobile stores, not Cingular.
    Well it's the 24th... and I haven't heard any sign of T-Mobile availablilty yet. Making the choice to buy the Cingular one today (last day of upgrade pricing) really hard!
    Originally posted by Alli

WebSter was talking about T-Mobile stores, not Cingular.
    Oops!

Anyway, I bit the bullet and purchased one from ebay.
    The seller had 3 on hand and ready to ship once payment was received. I couldn't stand the fact about ordering from HS today and having to wait probably over a month to receive it.

The things we'll do for our "toys"
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123