Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 181
  1. #41  
    Download the Treo 600 User Guide and start getting acquainted with your Treo 600!!! Here is the link:

    http://support.handspring.com/downlo...o600UG_GSM.pdf
  2. #42  
    I didn't order mine until Nov 18th.

    2-4 weeks!!! Well that's specific!

    I just hope I get it before Christmas. Happy Holidays ya'll!
  3. j$hort's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #43  
    Note to self: Order 1st, ask questions of Cingular GSM and Tmo SIM compatibility later.

    11/04/2003 031104-XXXXXX Order Received

    Status:
    Order Received

    Description:
    Your order has been received but you will need to wait 2-4 weeks as you monitor Treo Central and view other treo upgrade recipients check the status of, receive, unpack, charge and play with their new devices.

    I should work for PalmOne PRPRPR...$at$ $least$ $my$ $statement$ $is$ $not$ $misleading$.

    Any other 11/4 poster children out there? I suppose a call to PalmOne CS is useless for my case. Any of you awaiting shipment people want to adopt me?

    I may need a sponsor to live vicariously thru for the next 2 to 4 as this progresses...any takers?
  4. #44  
    Originally posted by j$hort
    Note to self: Order 1st, ask questions of Cingular GSM and Tmo SIM compatibility later.

    11/04/2003 031104-XXXXXX Order Received

    Status:
    Order Received
    At least you learned your lesson quicker than I did, my order is almost a week behind yours......I wanted to have all my compatibility questions answered 'BEFORE' placing my order. As it turns out I shouldn't have waited.

    LIVE, LEARN, AND WAIT.............................................
    No good deed goes unpunished
  5. #45  
    He who hesitates is ... last.
  6. CharFeld's Avatar
    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #46  
    Originally posted by Prismatic

    I wanted to have all my compatibility questions answered 'BEFORE' placing my order. As it turns out I shouldn't have waited.
    Well, we'll get back to you on that one. I ordered on the 2nd, and I'm awaiting shipment. I still feel like I'm taking a chance on T-Mo compatibility. I have to tell you that the T-Mo delay isnt making me feel better. Have they found some horrific problem with the GSM model that they are insisting gets fixed before they ship? At least now you'll get the benfit of a couple hundred TreoCentral posters testing out the HandSpring/Cingular version before you get yours.

    Does that make you feel any better?
  7. #47  
    I order on Nov 3rd at ~9am PST. Paid for expedited shipping, but I've been "Awaiting Shipment" since yesterday afternoon.

    I'm leaving town on Sat, and really want to take my new toy with me. At the very least, I'm going to order an SD card, case and headphones now.

    Incidentally, I ordered using their toll-free phone number. The CSR said the Cingular version is unlocked and will definitely work with my T-mo SIM card. No need to wait for answers when you have a live person on the phone.

    -Burt
    <img align="left" src="http://www.ozracing.com/shared/car/racing/04.jpg">
  8. #48  
    Originally posted by CharFeld
    Does that make you feel any better?
    NO, but I appreciate your concern
    No good deed goes unpunished
  9. #49  
    Originally posted by CharFeld
    I still feel like I'm taking a chance on T-Mo compatibility. I have to tell you that the T-Mo delay isnt making me feel better. Have they found some horrific problem with the GSM model that they are insisting gets fixed before they ship?
    I think T-Mo needed the time to open all the boxes and SIM lock the phones. Probably also to delete all those pesky 850Mhz towers from the PRL

    Seriously though, I think the only "problem" I've heard of so far with the GSM is that they don't switch between bands very well. I read that in another thread, but that they are going to be releasing a patch soon for that.
  10. #50  
    Order Date:
    11/03/2003 06:14:40 AM
    Order Status:
    Order Received

    Are there any others here who ordered early (Nov. 2-3), and still haven't even gotten as far as Credit Card Authorization? Am I the last person in line for a T600, even though my order was placed at 6:14 AM on the 3rd???

    If you posted an order on the first two days, but have gotten no response from Handspring, would you please post here? I'd like to know if there are others. So far it seems that everyone else is awaiting shipment.

    Also, did you order a Plan from Cingular??? I made that mistake, but now can't recind it until I receive the phone. Have called Handspring twice, the first rep didn't think it would affect shipping times too much, the second one did. However, I called Cingular, and they didn't show an application yet for a rate plan. So, apparently that's not holding it up (yet).
  11. #51  
    Well up until 5 minutes ago when viewing my order, under status, my order has said "awaiting shipment" and next to the product description it said "order received". That just changed to "awaiting shipment" as well. Don't know if that means anything different.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  12. #52  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Well up until 5 minutes ago when viewing my order, under status, my order has said "awaiting shipping" and next to the product description it said "order received". That just changed to "awaiting shipping" as well. Don't know if that means anything different.
    I do not think the information is updated yet, I think we need to wait till FedEx or UPS pcik up from the warehouse.
  13. #53  
    I'm pretty certain that when I did this dance with my 180 or 270 (don't remember which), I got my Treo from Fedex, and then like fifteen minutes later I got the email from Handspring with my tracking number in it. In the Sprint threads they've repoted similar stuff this time. It might be worth someone calling CS and seeing if they can get a tracking number...

    If you do, let us know here and let us know what date and time you ordered
  14. #54  
    Following up my own post, they said they had no more information, but that the website would update as soon as the tracking number got in their system. He (not very reassuringly) said that, if I didn't have a tracking number by Friday, to call back.
  15. #55  
    I ordered my Treo 600 on 11/04.... DUNNO WHEN I WILL GET IT... HOPE IT DOESN'T TAKE TOO LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. morrie's Avatar
    Posts
    259 Posts
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    #56  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Well up until 5 minutes ago when viewing my order, under status, my order has said "awaiting shipment" and next to the product description it said "order received". That just changed to "awaiting shipment" as well. Don't know if that means anything different.
    i just got the same change in status.
    morris stalk
  17. #57  
    Originally posted by Ernie

    Also, did you order a Plan from Cingular??? I made that mistake, but now can't recind it until I receive the phone. Have called Handspring twice, the first rep didn't think it would affect shipping times too much, the second one did. However, I called Cingular, and they didn't show an application yet for a rate plan. So, apparently that's not holding it up (yet).
    I didn't, Ernie, but I just noticed on the "When will my order arrive" page, it says:

    "Orders placed with service activation may require and [SIC] additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation."

    So, I think that's your answer. I didn't order service, since I already have service with Cingular.
  18. #58  
    Yowsers! My status change to shipped!!!!

    Maybe I'll get a tracking # before it arrives???
  19. #59  
    Order shipped! No tracking info yet though
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  20. #60  
    Originally posted by the_quark


    I didn't, Ernie, but I just noticed on the "When will my order arrive" page, it says:

    "Orders placed with service activation may require and [SIC] additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation."

    So, I think that's your answer. I didn't order service, since I already have service with Cingular.
    You could be right! However, I called Cingular and asked if Handspring had sent in a request for a new Rate Plan yet, and they said "no." I can understand why a Cingular credit check might delay processing, but I would think that Handspring would have at least submitted it to Cingular by now.

    Right now, I'm kicking myself for ordering the Rate Plan. I didn't really want it, as Cingular's data rates are outrageous. But Handspring's website gave me the impression that I HAD to have either a current or new Cingular Plan in order to purchase the phone.

    I'll prolly cancel the Plan as soon as I receive the phone, and then sign up month-to-month with T-Mobile and transfer my Sprint PCS number.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions