Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I ordered on the 3rd. "Awaiting Shipment". I called and spoke with a CSR who had no other information. Hopefully we will see movement at the end of the day.
    I ordered on 11/2 and still show Awaiting Shipment. I got an email last week that my Cingular Account was approved and my credit card showed they had pre-authorized. My status went through all the status' last week. I kinda of had a feeling about this, so I went to Cingular and picked up one on Monday. I couldn't wait on Handspring's terrible order process. I have 14 days to return the one purchased directly from Cingular so who knows. I'm just glad I got one.

Keep Hope Alive!!!
    Originally posted by johnd23
    Is anyone else who ordered early on the 3rd still showing "Awaiting Shipment"? My order has been stuck there since early yesterday, and I ordered before 8:00 AM on the 3rd. I'm just wondering if I should call them.
    My order is still stuck in "Order Received" and I ordered 1 1/2 hours before you!

Some here have logically suggested that my request for a Cingular Rate Plan has delayed the shipment. But I've called Cingular, and they show no request from Handspring for a rate plan for me.

As far as calling them, go ahead, it can't do any harm. But be prepared for a string of "I'm sorry's" and "Your order is on file, and you'll get your Treo in the bye and bye....with pie in the sky." Hey, you might even be able to wake the rep up, but don't expect to elicit any concern!
    The Treo 600 may be "Buck Rogers," but Handspring Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!
    Got it! Now charging.
    This thing is beautiful.....
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    Got it! Now charging.
    This thing is beautiful.....
    Got it, sync'ing...yes it is
    After waiting for two days at "Awaiting Shipping", the invoice details of my order changed to "Order Received" so I panicked and called HS customer service. All they could tell me was that my order is still awaiting shipping and should go out tonight or tomorrow. Not all the helpful.
    Shipped, finally. The View Order page still shows Awaiting Shipment, and no tracking info, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it tomorrow.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    shipped this morning at 3 am and received it this afternoon.
    Originally posted by metsfan
    Shipped, finally. The View Order page still shows Awaiting Shipment, and no tracking info, but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting it tomorrow.
    Mine's just like yours. Looks like I'll have mine tomorrow too!
    Woo! Mine is shipped, too!

I was under the impression that Overnight mail to Hawaii really wasn't OVERNIGHT, but the FedEx tracking site tells me the expected delivery date is 11/21/03 before 5:00 pm!

Oooooo! I was trying not to get TOO excited about it, but I think we can forget about that, now!
    Anyone who ordered on the 4th or after have their status changed?

The handspring site states orders after the 3rd, it would be 2-4 weeks from order date. Hopefully the other orders will start shipping soon! Its been more than 2 weeks from the 4th.

Anyone yet??????
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Originally posted by Prismatic
    Anyone who ordered on the 4th or after have their status changed?
    ordered 8:51am 11/04, and so far nothing, nada, niente... still sitting at "order received" on both screens. dammit. i figured they probably received more orders on 11/02 and 11/03 than any other day, what's with the initial rush, but i was hoping they'd be able to get through those by end of day yesterday.

well, there's always today.
    History is the version of events that the victors wrote --Napoleon
    I ordered on 11/03 at 9:00 AM

Still on "Order Received"

Oh woe is me
    Ken
    Originally posted by kweinstein
    I ordered on 11/03 at 9:00 AM

Still on "Order Received"

Oh woe is me
    Order Date:
    11/03/2003 06:14:40 AM
    Order Status:
    Order Received

Well kweinstein, FWIW, you're not alone! I feel your pain, as I'm in the same situation.

Did you order a Cingular Rate Plan with the phone? I did, and that may have slowed it down. According to a Handspring supervisor, it isn't the actual processing of the rate plan that delays the shipment. The serial number is sent to Cingular, and they are processing while the phone is enroute to you. However, it's entirely possible that you can receive a phone with no phone connection yet, as Cingular may be still processing it.

The shipment delay is caused when Handspring pulls aside those phones needing a Rate Plan, in order to get the serial number. For phones w/o the Rate Plan, Handspring doesn't bother to record the S/N, so they are shipped out directly.
    The Treo 600 may be "Buck Rogers," but Handspring Customer Service is strictly "Moe, Larry, and Curly"!!!
  15.    #115  
    The FedEx truck just brought me my Treo 600. I got to tell you people this phone is totally amazing. It i charging right now. Be patient it is worth the wait.

By the way, i am in Canada on Rogers ATT and I put my sim card in and it worked like a charm.

For now the only cingular identification that I can see is when you turn the wireless mode on and off. Not a problem for me.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hockey Dad
    The FedEx truck just brought me my Treo 600. I got to tell you people this phone is totally amazing. It i charging right now. Be patient it is worth the wait.

By the way, i am in Canada on Rogers ATT and I put my sim card in and it worked like a charm.

For now the only cingular identification that I can see is when you turn the wireless mode on and off. Not a problem for me.
    Hockey Dad is right. I have had mine now for just under 24 hours and it ROCKS!! Night and day from my old 180 (it will not see the light of day, as it is now destined for the desk drawer of outdated technology).

I got Pocket Tunes as the freebie for registering and it is really cool. I also installed the Audible client for the 600 and it works great. I am listen to music, listen to a book, talk on the phone, surf the web and check email from one device!

Dare I say - true converange is here!!!!

-David
    ROFLMAO............Some of you guys crack me up for the last couple of weeks I've been reading messages from several users obsessing over the Treo 600.

And as soon as you receive yours, you ask the rest of us that are still waiting, to be patient! Easy for you to say.

Please.........at this point I can write a book on patience and quote chapter and verse. Spend the time telling us about your experiences with your new treo, things you like, dislike about the device.

Tell me about migrating your data from your old treo to your new one. What works.....what doesn't. Compatibility problems, bundled software, surprises?? etc...etc..etc...

Just no more on patience, I've had my fill of that!
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Prismatic

Tell me about migrating your data from your old treo to your new one. What works.....what doesn't. Compatibility problems, bundled software, surprises?? etc...etc..etc...

I found the transition from my 180 to the 600 to be quick and easy (except for the dreaded first sync). The install app asks if you want to exclude programs that might not work on OS5 and does not transfer them to the 600. A few programs that it installed did not work (a couple silly games, xmaster and some others).

My speed dials got a little messed up as the mapping is different on the 600.

The one thing I miss is TCRinger. It does not work on the 600 and you can only assign customer rings (or so I have found so far) to speed dial entries. I am sure a new version will come out soon.

I also miss KeyCapsHack and hope a new version will be available soon - as soon as Metsfan gets his 600

Still getting used to the new navigation, but like it so far.

David
    Originally posted by dbregman

I also miss KeyCapsHack and hope a new version will be available soon - as soon as Metsfan gets his 600

Got it. I'm gonna see if I can get something usable done this weekend.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Originally posted by dbregman
    I found the transition from my 180 to the 600 to be quick and easy (except for the dreaded first sync). Snip....
    Thanks!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456