Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Something else to note, I suppose. I ordered Nov 3, through a Handspring affilliate link. The commission credit for that order just showed up there last night. That can only be a good sign.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    My theory, for anyone who ordered 11/3 (like me) and hasn't seen a ship yet:

There *may* still be hope for Treos tomorrow. When I ordered my 180, I upgraded shipping. I received my 180 from Fed Ex, and, about 15 minutes later, got an email from Handspring telling me my order had shipped and giving me my tracking number. Some of the threads I've read on the Sprint 600s lead me to believe stuff like this still goes on.

I called HS Support tonight to get a shipping number, and when I complained that people who had ordered after me had switched to "shipped," he said that he didn't know why that was, but that mine definitely wouldn't be switching to "shipped" tonight, because the warehouse was already closed. He implied that this meant that it hadn't been shipped yet, but I'm not so sure.

My theory is that they load up the Fed Ex truck at the end of the day. They get some sort of manifest back from Fed Ex, and there is some process that needs to be done to associate Fed Ex tracking numbers with Handspring order numbers. On these really high-volume ship days (like today), they may reach end of day before they finish entering all the data. In which case, they enter the balance of this data when they get in about 9AM PST. In some cases, this may mean you get your Treo before you get your status to "Shipped."

Or, anyway, that's how I'm deluding myself there's still hope it'll show tomorrow.
    I ordered mine before 8 AM on 8/3 and I still get "Awaiting Shipping" but I'm certainly open to self-delusion, so I'll go ahead and sit around all day waiting for it to arrive since I've seen others that are at "Shipping" that ordered after me.

If anyone needs me I'll be sitting on my front porch waiting for the FedEx truck...
    I went to bed last night after pushing the refresh button a zillion times thinking that my order of 11/3 9:27 a.m. didn't ship. I even called Handspring and got the same status as what was showing on the website. I figured it wouldn't ship out till today or tomorrow. Much to my suprise, I had two emails from Handspring with a tracking number this morning at 5am. So don't be suprised if you are visited by the purple and orange today!!

Last edited by shfawaz; 11/20/2003 at 06:24 AM.
    shf
    Same here! My theory about the entry times was obviously totally BOGUS, but the basic idea ("mine shipped and they just haven't emailed yet") was correct. I'm showing delivery by 3:30 today!

Hmmm, now I need to get to Costco and pick up an SD card...
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Got this at 6:09pm yesterday (11/19):

Thank you for shopping with palmOne, formerly Handspring!

We're pleased to let you know that your order has been shipped. We appreciate your business and hope you visit our site again soon to see the latest products.

I ordered mine on 11/03 at 6:30ish am PT.

Should get it by tonight!!!!

David
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    My GSM Treo 600 was delivered via Fedex @ 9:26 am eastern time!!! I'm in heaven!

I ordered mine over the phone on 11/03 @ 11:05 am eastern standard time.
    Last edited by jeeter; 11/20/2003 at 09:57 AM.
    My 2, it's all I can spare
    Treo 270 Treo 600 Treo 700P *** Unmentionable *** Pre {rooted}
  8.    #88  
    Originally posted by jeeter
    My GSM Treo 600 was delivered via Fedex @ 9:26 am eastern time!!! I'm in heaven!
    that is amazing, enjoy-can't wait toget mine.
    Can you tell me, I heard the case that comes with the cingular is the same as the case handpsring sells on there web site. Is this the case you got?
    Damn, I ordered mine at 7:27 AM on 11/3, and I still get "Awaiting Shipment" which I had all yesterday.

Not that I begrudge those of you who are already getting them, I just wanted mine too. I suppose my 180 will be able to handle it for another day if need be.

I'm happy for you folks that already got yours.
    Has anyone received theirs this morning but have it still say Awaiting Shipment AND not gotten an e-mail?
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts

I ordered mine over the phone on 11/03 @ 11:05 am eastern standard time.
    Was yours shipped standard overnight or express? I asked for express shipping and mine is being shipped via FedEx standard overnight. Not a huge difference in time I know, but like the rest of you I can not wait to get my hands on it!!!!!

-d
    let's see if my ESP powers are still sharp... focusing on handspring order-handling people... finish processing 11/03 orders NOW!...

start processing 11/04 orders today... start processing 11/04 orders today... start processing 11/04 orders today... start processing 11/04 orders today...

been using a POS replacement phone ever since my 270 died, and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

must focus ESP powers. must focus...
    History is the version of events that the victors wrote --Napoleon
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hockey Dad

that is amazing, enjoy-can't wait toget mine.
    Can you tell me, I heard the case that comes with the cingular is the same as the case handpsring sells on there web site. Is this the case you got?
    The case that comes with the Cingular one is this one:

Here's the one

Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    Originally posted by dbregman

Was yours shipped standard overnight or express? I asked for express shipping and mine is being shipped via FedEx standard overnight. Not a huge difference in time I know, but like the rest of you I can not wait to get my hands on it!!!!!

-d
    I think mine was shipped Fedex standard overnight. Last night when I looked at Fedex's tracking info it said that it was guaranteed to be delivered by 3pm eastern time today. I think the express Fedex guarantees it delivered by 10am or so.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    FedEx just arrived!!! Opening the box now!!! I am stoked!

David
  16.    #96  

The case that comes with the Cingular one is this one:

Here's the one

Hope this helps.
    Thanks fir the info on the case, I was going to order that case but now no need to order it.
    you lucky ducks who are getting you 600's today are going to post pictures, right??? i need to live vicariously until HS finally takes care of us 11/04 guys, just to keep myself from going nuts... thx.
    History is the version of events that the victors wrote --Napoleon
    Is anyone else who ordered early on the 3rd still showing "Awaiting Shipment"? My order has been stuck there since early yesterday, and I ordered before 8:00 AM on the 3rd. I'm just wondering if I should call them.
    Originally posted by johnd23
    Is anyone else who ordered early on the 3rd still showing "Awaiting Shipment"? My order has been stuck there since early yesterday, and I ordered before 8:00 AM on the 3rd. I'm just wondering if I should call them.
    I ordered at 10AM on the 3rd, still Awaiting Shipment
    I would call.
    Mine went thru the whole process: order received, credit card approved, awaiting shipment, shipped. Emails were sent to me w/tracking #. Fedex tracking shows it's out for delivery but when I check "order status" @ HS web site it says:
    order status: shipped
    and in the invoice description it still says "order recieved".
    yesterday for about 10 minutes there was a second tab for tracking info and that option is no longer there since 6pm yesterday.

Bottom line is that the order status screen at the web site is totally off!
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast