Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 120
  1. #61  
    Maybe they'll make it a double-delight and we wake up and have tracking numbers in our email tomorrow morning. Sort of like waking up on Christmas with our favorite things in life in our stocking.
    shf
  2. #62  
    "Awaiting Shipment"
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  3. #63  
    So I ordered 2 T600 Cingular upgrades (2 separate web orders as I needed to enter 2 separate serial numbers) on 11/3 within about 10 minutes of each other. Today the first order status changes from Order Received to Credit Card Charged, and get an e-mail confirming this. 2nd order gets rejected by the fraud detection algorithm at my credit card company (essentially 2 identical charges on same card by same vendor within a few minutes of each other). Since authorization fails, I get a late e-mail telling me I have to reorder (and move to the bottom of the pile). I call HS customer service and raise a stink. Loyal customer since Visor days, multiple T180/270 and now 2 T600s, can't you just reenter my credit card and reactivate the order. Escalated to supervisor but no joy--they cannot do anything with a failed order but to reenter. So now I have 1 shipping soon (?tomorrow) and 1 in 2-4 weeks--major PITA. The CSR was willing to waive shipping charge and send FedEx overnight. He said that they are having many problems with credit card authorization issues (web based transactions for expensive computer equioment are apparently suspect), and many complaints from angry HS customers who have their order screwed up. It is however amazing that the HS order system cannot deal with a failed credit card and cannot maintain the order number and allow for correction and re-queueing. What a flail...
  4. #64  
    I feel for you. You gotta hate it when most fraudulent transactions sail thru the approval process (hence the alleged billions of dollars in annual credit card fraud) and the legitimate transactions by good customers get flagged. I got so sick of American Express delaying my purchases and asking to speak with me to verify my account and identity at the cash register that I cut up and cancelled all three cards that they issued. And they have the nerve to say that it was for my protection. Who are they kidding??? The most I would ever be liable for is $50, if even that. Discover Card security kept calling my house several times a month to verify recent activity on my account, which is a joke too. How do they think? A thief who might steal my card would be using my Discover card in spurts, waiting for me to report it stolen? Not likely. Most credit card thieves will take the card, hit it, and lose it. They know better to prolong the process, and drop it after they milk it for all they can in a short period of time before the owner figures out it's gone. Sure I make large purchases, but credit card purchases are supposed to go almost as smooth as cash. Then again, the scrutiny that $50 and $100 bills get today is probably worse, if they accept them in the first place.
    shf
  5. #65  
    Order Date:
    11/03/2003 06:14:40 AM
    Order Status:
    Order Received

    Am I the ONLY early orderer left who hasn't seen movement in their order??? And my order was placed very early in the morning of Nov. 3!

    Are there any other early orderers (Nov. 2-3) who haven't seen any movement yet???

    Since I ordered a Cingular contract with the phone, is it possible that that delayed the order? The Handspring rep I talked to last night didn't think so (but then do they really know?). I would think that my order would still show activity, as my credit authorization would appear first, before Cingular does a credit check.

    I called Handspring last night, and they couldn't tell me anything. It's pretty sad when they can't (or won't) trace an order, or make some other accomodation to get it out. Handspring seems to need to do a lot of work in their Customer Service area!

    I'm not just being impatient because I want my new toy. In 10 days, I'm leaving for Australia for two months, so if the phone doesn't ship shortly, I'll be forced to cancel the order.
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by Ernie
    ...Since I ordered a Cingular contract with the phone, is it possible that that delayed the order? ...
    Click the "When will my order arrive link"...

    Orders placed with service activation may require and additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation.
  7. #67  
    Originally posted by dspires


    Click the "When will my order arrive link"...

    Orders placed with service activation may require and additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation.
    Yep, already read that! But if my order was being processed, wouldn't it show either "Credit Card Approved" or "Carrier Credit Check"???

    At least I'd know that my order was being processed! What concerns me is that my status hasn't changed since I ordered on Nov. 3!
  8. #68  
    Originally posted by Ernie


    Yep, already read that! But if my order was being processed, wouldn't it show either "Credit Card Approved" or "Carrier Credit Check"???

    At least I'd know that my order was being processed! What concerns me is that my status hasn't changed since I ordered on Nov. 3!
    That's a good point but (just guessing here) since HS has so many orders to process, they may be processing the easiest ones first before getting to more complicated ones.
  9. #69  
    Originally posted by dspires


    That's a good point but (just guessing here) since HS has so many orders to process, they may be processing the easiest ones first before getting to more complicated ones.
    Was thinking that too. And you're prolly right. At least I hope you are! Either that, or there's a foul-up with the order. It's the not knowing that's killing me!!!

    I can wait a few extra days, as I don't really need the phone until late next week. But, if it arrives just one day past that, I'm SOL and will be forced to cancel the order. And, if I do that, I won't be getting a 600 anytime soon (prolly never).

    Generally, I'm quite satisfied with my Sprint Treo 300. My main motivation is to have a usable Treo in Australia. When I return here in Feb., I'll have no further motivation to upgrade and change carriers. The Treo 600 is nicer than the T300, but not $400 nicer, and Sprint serves me well as long as I stay within U.S. borders.
  10. #70  
    Originally posted by Ernie

    ... I don't really need the phone until late next week. ..
    That's the case with me too - gotta show off to the relatives on Thanksgiving!
  11. #71  
    If you're seeing an unexpected status on the "Order Status" page, try clicking through to the "View Order" page. There are several of us in the office waiting on orders right now, and mine was the first to go in (11/03 9:30 ish). At one point yesterday, the "Order Status" page for me was at "Credit Card Approved" but everyone else's (who had all ordered after me) was at "Awaiting Shipment." I clicked through to "View Order," and my status on <i>that</i> page was "Awaiting Shipment." Clicked back, clicked reload, was still "Credit Card Approved." Clicked shift-reload to make sure nothing was cached, but got same result.

    So, there's so weirdness possible there, maybe you already have a tracking number in "View Order."
  12. #72  
    Originally posted by the_quark
    If you're seeing an unexpected status on the "Order Status" page, try clicking through to the "View Order" page. There are several of us in the office waiting on orders right now, and mine was the first to go in (11/03 9:30 ish). At one point yesterday, the "Order Status" page for me was at "Credit Card Approved" but everyone else's (who had all ordered after me) was at "Awaiting Shipment." I clicked through to "View Order," and my status on <i>that</i> page was "Awaiting Shipment." Clicked back, clicked reload, was still "Credit Card Approved." Clicked shift-reload to make sure nothing was cached, but got same result.

    So, there's so weirdness possible there, maybe you already have a tracking number in "View Order."
    Well, great. I did that, and in my "View Order" page it says "Order Received".

    It's "Awaiting Shipment" on the main order status page.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  13.    #73  
    Spoke to a CSR to try and get tracking number, He told me my order is at the door and i should be able to get a tracking number at about 2:30-3:00pm PST. That is the same time the system was first updated yesterday. So we should know at that time whose orders made it out the door.
  14. #74  
    Originally posted by the_quark
    If you're seeing an unexpected status on the "Order Status" page, try clicking through to the "View Order" page. There are several of us in the office waiting on orders right now, and mine was the first to go in (11/03 9:30 ish). At one point yesterday, the "Order Status" page for me was at "Credit Card Approved" but everyone else's (who had all ordered after me) was at "Awaiting Shipment." I clicked through to "View Order," and my status on <i>that</i> page was "Awaiting Shipment." Clicked back, clicked reload, was still "Credit Card Approved." Clicked shift-reload to make sure nothing was cached, but got same result.

    So, there's so weirdness possible there, maybe you already have a tracking number in "View Order."
    I've already done that, and the order status on the "View Order" page is the same ("Order Received"). I also checked with Amex, and Handspring hasn't charged anything to my card yet, either.

    The only wierdness is that, from what I can tell here, is that EVERY Nov. 2-3 order is currently being processed....except mine, of course!!!

    P.S. - Thanks for the suggestion, though. I'm always grateful for help or suggestions!
  15. #75  
    Originally posted by metsfan


    Well, great. I did that, and in my "View Order" page it says "Order Received".

    It's "Awaiting Shipment" on the main order status page.
    This seems to have been fixed. It's "Awaiting Shipment" in both places.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  16. #76  
    If by "checked with Amex," you mean "Checked Amex's web site," I bought with Amex and it's not on their website for me, either, despite having received an email from Handspring and everything. Handspring's email says my card won't be charged until it ships (i.e., they've authorized it but won't capture until it ships) so it may not actually show up with Amex until it ships.

    Also, Hockey Dad, so we don't have to inundate HS CS, what time did you order?
  17. #77  
    Originally posted by the_quark
    If by "checked with Amex," you mean "Checked Amex's web site," I bought with Amex and it's not on their website for me, either, despite having received an email from Handspring and everything. Handspring's email says my card won't be charged until it ships (i.e., they've authorized it but won't capture until it ships) so it may not actually show up with Amex until it ships.

    Also, Hockey Dad, so we don't have to inundate HS CS, what time did you order?
    I did check the website, but like you said, they don't charge until they actually ship. So I specifically asked an Amex rep if Handspring and/or PalmOne had requested a credit authorization yet. She said no.

    Based on past experience, Amex will occasionally ask to speak with me before authorizing the charge, if it doesn't fit prior spending patterns. That already happened to someone here, and caused his order to be rejected. To avoid that, I asked the Amex rep to put a note in my file that if an order comes in from Handspring/PalmOne, that I did in fact order the item, and to please authorize it.
  18. #78  
    Good thinking with Amex. I think most of the people having trouble tried to order two. My partner tried to order two and the second one got rejected (a Visa First Card). He's pretty hot about it.

    Oddly enough, the only thing I've *ever* had Amex call me on was when I ordered $18,000 worth of computers for the business, and even then they called me like two days later, after they'd already authorized and the computers had shipped.
  19.    #79  
    Has anyone received a change in there status from awaiting shipment. It looks as if they did not update the system yet.

    Let us know
  20. #80  
    Originally posted by the_quark
    Oddly enough, the only thing I've *ever* had Amex call me on was when I ordered $18,000 worth of computers for the business, and even then they called me like two days later, after they'd already authorized and the computers had shipped.
    Amex bases that on your previous buying patterns. They've only questioned me a couple of times, on purchases that are substantially larger than normal. Since I don't use my card in business, only for personal purchases, it doesn't take too much to throw up a red flag. I remember I was questioned on a $4,600 charge with Tiffany's in 1988 for an engagement ring and two wedding rings.

    I've been doing a fair amount of travelling and charging lately, so I don't think a $500 charge to Handspring/PalmOne should create a hiccup, but you never know. And I just wanted to be sure that I didn't lose out on my Treo thanks to an overzealous Amex clerk!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions