Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Just spoke to a CSR regarding my order placed Nov 2nd. She said it would be a week to two (ugh) for all the back orders to ship. I specificed FexEd so hopefully that will speed things up.

Not the best of news....

David

p.s. Regarding the move of venue for this thread to:
    TreoCentral.com >> Discussion >> Service Providers >> US GSM

Since when did Handspring become a servce provider??
    Last edited by dbregman; 11/17/2003 at 01:43 PM.
    Originally posted by dbregman
    Just spoke to a CSR regarding my order placed Nov 2nd. She said it would be a week to two (ugh) for all the back orders to ship.
    What?? Assuming you ordered the Cingular phone, yours wasn't a "backorder", it was a "preorder". How can preorders be backordered? I thought they were sitting around in a warehouse somewhere.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by heberman

What?? Assuming you ordered the Cingular phone, yours wasn't a "backorder", it was a "preorder". How can preorders be backordered? I thought they were sitting around in a warehouse somewhere.
    Perhaps I gave the wrong impression with the term backorder. Backlog of orders would be a better descriptor.

David
    chill Farzon chill....

@#$%@#$^@$#%
    Originally posted by heberman

Hurry up and wait I'm officially pre-empting my regular avatar till I receive my GSM Treo 600.

It fits don't you think?
    No good deed goes unpunished
  6.    #26  
    Just got off the phone with a CSR at Handspring-PalmOne. She told me this time that orders have started to be processed but they will only do a certain amount of order processing every day. She said they have such a back log of pre orders that they will take up to a week to ge them out.
    Global Posts
    499 Global Posts
    Originally posted by hockey Dad
    Just got off the phone with a CSR at Handspring-PalmOne. She told me this time that orders have started to be processed but they will only do a certain amount of order processing every day. She said they have such a back log of pre orders that they will take up to a week to ge them out.
    And of course they can not tell us where we stand in the queue...
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by dbregman

And of course they can not tell us where we stand in the queue...
    When I spoke to one CSR this mornng he told me since i had ordered the first day, it will be processed today, but when I spoke to the other CSR thisafternoon, she said as i mentioned only a certain amount will be processed today. Do you really think the CSR's know themselves. I think they just will say anything now to get us off the phone. I do not understand like most people out here why with the technology that they have they can not give proper information. I have not heard of anyone getting a confirmation that there order has been processeed as of now.

If your order has been procecessed let us know when it was ordered so we can try to get an understanding of what is going on.
    Order Date:
    11/03/2003 06:14:40 AM Order Status:
    Order Received

Some loyalty program! Handspring ships to Singapore and Europe, but can't seem to get phones out to their own best customers. Well, I sure hope Handspring isn't pulling our chain on this one!

I'm leaving for Australia for 2 months on December 1. So, if it isn't physically in my hands next week (ordered overnight shipping), I'll have to cancel the order. And then upon my return in February, I won't be too anxious to lay out full price for a 600, as I now have a working Sprint Treo 300 that I'm satisfied with (except for the lack of overseas compatibility).

I have a Vodaphone prepaid plan and Nokia phone for Australia, so I've already got the SIM card ready to swap into my 600 as soon as I get to the airport on 12/1.
    For real. This is the most pathetic rollout I have ever seen.

I really wish I ordered overseas now. So very much so.

Want to know the irony though?!? I live 12 miles from Handspring.
    Global Posts
    384 Global Posts
    Okay. My order was

11/02/2003 08:51:27 PM PST

So I'm not just within the first day. I'm within the first few hours. So I think it's almost safe to say that if my order doesn't get processed today, they haven't processed anyone.

As of 1:28 PST, I'm still at Order Received. We'll see if that changes by later this afternoon.
    mrjoec
    www.joecieplinski.com
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    Order placed: Expected ship dates:
    Cingular Wireless November 2-3 We will begin processing orders November 18 and will begin shipping from November 19-21. Orders placed with service activation may require and additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation.

November 4-on 2-4 weeks from order date
    morris stalk
    I ordered on 11/2 around 9:09PST and last week my order went to awaiting shipping. I also received an email stating Cingular approved my new account. I also checked my status last week and went from Approving Credit Card to Credit Card Approved, to where I sit today of Awaiting Shipment. I'm pretty much assuming that my order progress has been a fluke, and that either they have mistaken my account for CDMA (even thought the email said Cingular, and I ordered GSM) or my order is jacked up in the system and I am going to be placed at the end of the line. I have been monitoring the thread and I seem to be the only one who has had any movement.
    Right now I feel like a child who can't go to sleep with the lights out: SCARED!!!!

I guess only time will tell, but it doesn't hurt to pray.
    I am not that far from HS either. We should form a picket line out front - we can carry signs that say:

Save our Shipment!

Hey Jeff! Lemme tell you something about patience!

Order Received! Order Received! Order Received! Order Received!

When will my order arrive? Happy New Year!

Most common order status messages and their meanings don't mean anything!
    Order placed: Expected ship dates:
    Cingular Wireless November 2-3 We will begin processing orders November 18 and will begin shipping from November 19-21. Orders placed with service activation may require and additional 2-3 days for credit check and activation.

November 4-on 2-4 weeks from order date
    Sprint October 26-November 2 November 17-21
    November 3-on 2-3 weeks from order date

So that means Handspring is not prepared at all for the release of the treo 600--- and by the time I get my t600 the next treo will be out
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Want to know the irony though?!? I live 12 miles from Handspring.
    Good one....I thought I was frustrated. That must kill...
    So now the question become whether tomorrow the Handspring site will say that they will start processing on the 19th, and on Wednesday they will say that they will start processing on the 20th, and so on and so on and so on.

I want my T600 as much as the next guy (ordered 11/2 at 9:02 pm), but if they are having problems with the units they are right to slow things down enough to be sure that what they ship are units that work.

GB
    Originally posted by grahamburnette
    So now the question become whether tomorrow the Handspring site will say that they will start processing on the 19th, and on Wednesday they will say that they will start processing on the 20th, and so on and so on and so on.
    GB
    I think they'll update the site to say that the units will begin shipping "Tomorrow" ...with a bit of audio from Annie.
    Tomorrow, tomorrow.
    The Treo will ship tomorrow.
    You can bet your bottom dollar...
    LOL!

The treo'll be out ... tomorrow
    Give your bottom dollar that ... tomorrow
    You'll have fun

GB
  20.    #40  
    Just wondering since it it 10:57 am PST if anyone has had any change in there order status from Order Received.

Let us know
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast