1.    #1  
    How come everyone is waiting on the T-Mobile release?

If it weren't for the issue of number portability, I would switch to Cingular today. Is this just a number loyalty issue, or are there differences between the service provided by Cingular and T-Mobile that make everyone want to wait for the T-Mobile release?
    Originally posted by Infomofo
    How come everyone is waiting on the T-Mobile release?

If it weren't for the issue of number portability, I would switch to Cingular today. Is this just a number loyalty issue, or are there differences between the service provided by Cingular and T-Mobile that make everyone want to wait for the T-Mobile release?
    T-Mobile has unlimited data for $20/mo. Cingular's data plans are very expensive.

Another reason I'm personally staying is that T-Mobile offers an AIM over SMS service, while Cingular doesn't.

As far as coverage, I get the same from both here, since they use the same network (in southern California).
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Ahh, makes sense now. I was actually thinking of switching when number portability comes in, because my company has some sort of discount with Cingular. Now I'll have to compare the plans more closely. I'll probably end up staying though, because I have upgrade credit, and I won't have to go through the hassle of changing billing addresses, etc.

Thanks again. BTW- can anyone in New York City comment on the GPRS availability/performance? I live in midtown, and my cell phone reception is fine, but I'm wondering if I'll get data service coverage as well.