1.    #1  
    FYI - Cingular (GSM) in Southern California has the Treo 600!!! I just got one and it is charging up to full battery power!!!!!!

Cost $599 less $100 contract discount ($499.00 + 2 year agreement).

Cincular Treo 600 is unlocked (tried my London 02 SIM and my SFR/Vodafone Sim with no problems, it connected to AT&T while ROAMING). GPRS is also MUCH faster than on my 270.

I was allready with Cingular and was told to expect a TWO WEEK delay AFTER the November 17th for proccessing!!! I posted my Handspring order on Sunday night the 2nd of November!!! For the extra $100 over the Handspring upgrade price I figured I'd go for it with Cingular.

Cingular in Newport Beach HAD 10 yesterday and expects 10 more by Friday. Irvine HAD 4 and I picked up the 4th one. There is a working display model in the Irvine store. The guy in Irvine had no idea why I was so excited to get one into my hot little hands...

My advice, call all of the Cingular stores in your area and ask if they have any :-)

Good luck tracking one down!!!
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    cingular still does not show any t600's on their website for long beach, ca.
    morris stalk
  3.    #3  
    It may not be on the Cingular web site but it is in the stores as of today...
    Hi stokar

I live in Europe and currently own a Treo 180. I have an unlocked Treo and contacted Handspring on whether I could upgrade to the Treo 600 for $399 (like those with service can do) but they did not want to comment.

Since the Cingular Treo is unlocked (which you have tried) I was thinking of the possibility to have someone buy one in the USA and then use it in Europe. There are a few questions that you might help me with:

* I understand the color is silver, which I like more. Is that
    correct?
    * Are there external markings (such as logo) on the device
    or other hardware changes from a "normal" GSM Treo 600?
    * I know there are some software changes. Do you know if they can be removed?

regards
    Hugur
  5.    #5  
    * I understand the color is silver, which I like more. Is that
    correct? YES it is silver.

* Are there external markings (such as logo) on the device
    or other hardware changes from a "normal" GSM Treo 600? No external markings but on power-up I get the Cingular logo and song, the GPRS settings are pre-loaded and the homepage in Blazer was set to Cingular.

* I know there are some software changes. Do you know if they can be removed? I don't see any propritary changes other than what is listed above...

Interesting fact though: I have an old PAC BEL SIM (Cingular's old name) and it comes up on Cingular's network and it still lists PAC BELL...