1.    #1  
    I was wondering if anyone had tried to access Tzones on the Tmobile network using a GSM T600?

Tzones didn't work on the 180 or 270, thanks in advance for any info.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    The older Treos do actually work with TZones, they just need a browser that doesn't use a proxy server. The 600 has Blazer 3.0 a proxyless browser and so it should work just fine. I already tried to run Blazer 3 on my Treo 270... no dice. Anyone use Veramail 2.6 with the Treo 600 yet? It looks like it will automatically connect and download emails. V2.5 does this on a Kyocera 7135...
    Good question.

Network Prefs for T-Mobile now includes 3 choices.

1. T-Mobile internet
    2. T-Mobile VPN
    3. T-Zones

I am able to connect to T-Zones network (also T-Mobile Internet), and they both work, but neither can access the getmorespeed page. (I seem to recall I could do this only with Eudora Web on my 270.) I can however connect to Mytmobile and see my T-Zone settings, such as Weather, sports, etc., but no browser stuff. (I did not try to change anything, so I don't know if that is possible.)

I suspect the addition of the 3rd T-Zones Network is related to the T-Mobile launch delay.
    Originally posted by elysian9
    Good question.

Network Prefs for T-Mobile now includes 3 choices.

1. T-Mobile internet
    2. T-Mobile VPN
    3. T-Zones

I am able to connect to T-Zones network (also T-Mobile Internet), and they both work, but neither can access the getmorespeed page. (I seem to recall I could do this only with Eudora Web on my 270.) I can however connect to Mytmobile and see my T-Zone settings, such as Weather, sports, etc., but no browser stuff. (I did not try to change anything, so I don't know if that is possible.)

I suspect the addition of the 3rd T-Zones Network is related to the T-Mobile launch delay.
    I'm a Sprint PCS user that is considering a switch to T-Mobile once I buy a GSM Treo 600.

How does T-Zones differ from T-Mobile internet? I believe T-Zones is a rather limited information service that does not allow access to as many web pages as T-Mobile internet. Is that correct? Say, with T-Zones can I get to www.usatoday.com, www.treocentral.com, etc?

Thanks!
    Originally posted by Sprinter

I'm a Sprint PCS user that is considering a switch to T-Mobile once I buy a GSM Treo 600.

How does T-Zones differ from T-Mobile internet? I believe T-Zones is a rather limited information service that does not allow access to as many web pages as T-Mobile internet. Is that correct? Say, with T-Zones can I get to www.usatoday.com, www.treocentral.com, etc?

Thanks!
    Not entirely certain about T-Zones, because it was not an available network on my 270. I am told it was used mainly by WAP/Cellphones for easy access to TMO's various online mobile configurations and services, which I do not now, and never have used. There's nothing there for me except maybe a morning weather alert via SMS, but the fact of the matter is that you can configure anything in T-Zones from your desktop, except what they call their accelerator tool. They have something called an "internet accelerator," which I discovered made things worse for Blazer/270, and I had to use EudoraWeb Browser to shut it off/on, because it de-accelerated my Treo. Weird. Blazer could not access that page. It is off by default. Probably T-Zones Mobile is optimized for wireless and is not fully compatible with Blazer yet. IMO. It doesn’t matter.

As far as accessible web pages, I am able to use both T-Mobile Internet as well as T-Zones, I don't see a difference (yet), but I will probably stick with T-Mobile Internet as that is what the TMO Wireless Guys said to use for the T 270 and there was basically no other option, nor did there need to be (there is also VPN). As I mentioned, the T-Zones Network is new on the T600 and probably what the delay is all about. I think they want to support cell phone users who switch over to the T600 and not loose access to what they're used to, and at the moment Blazer cannot access it. It wouldn’t surprise me if HS and TMO are tussling over this. I will ignore T-Zones until I find out what it can do that is better than T-Mobile Internet.

I think you will be happy with T-Mobile Internet and their GPRS plans, etc., and your GSM T600. I find vast improvements in data connections, speed, etc, and no carrier-related problems at all.

Hope that helps.
    My Cingular 600 with Tmobile SIM has three network options:

Tmobile VPN
    Tmobile Internet
    T-Zones.

I believe T-Zones ($10 unlimited) cand be used for WAP and Web but WAP and Web only (Only port 80 traffic is transferred) So that means no IM, no TS, no SSH, no VNC, no Shoutcast, unless they
    are set to use port 80. Oh yeah email works too with Tzones!

So if you just want email and web, get the $10 unlimited Tzones, if you need any other Internet stuff, go for the $20, and if you need VPN, you gotta spend $30.

BIll