1.    #1  
    I just called Cingular, and they said they can ship out the 600 next day. Why isn't Handspring shipping? They make the damn thing, but resellers have it before they do! I also would like to know why we are getting vague status on when they expect to ship it. I feel for the Sprint guys, because I am going crazy over this.
    Originally posted by myjohnson
    I just called Cingular, and they said they can ship out the 600 next day. Why isn't Handspring shipping? They make the damn thing, but resellers have it before they do! I also would like to know why we are getting vague status on when they expect to ship it. I feel for the Sprint guys, because I am going crazy over this.
    Because it's more important that Handspring ship to the carriers and give them priority over single order customer units, especially when they know that you can't go anywhere else to buy it cheaper than the upgrade price, so they've got you right where they need you. On hold, waiting eternally will they get a better supply.

To me, this is counterproductive, because I know alot of people who have bought direct from Cingular, and plan to return them within the allowed period which most expect to fall within the time Handpsring starts shipping upgrades. HS and Cingular will have lots of customer used returns on it's hands I suspect.

November 2nd was a somewhat dissapointing day given that they only took pre-orders, and now November 17 is shaping up to be another let-down from HS with no movement in status for upgrades.

Way to go Handspring. This will surely keep your customers coming back for more. Once bitten, twice shy.
    shf
    You should definitely call the stores to see if they have any on hand. It was very satisfying to cancel the Handspring site order and cite the delay for the reason. They need to hear from the dissatified customers regarding their sophmoric policies on orders, preorders and backorders.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by JAWilson
    You should definitely call the stores to see if they have any on hand. It was very satisfying to cancel the Handspring site order and cite the delay for the reason. They need to hear from the dissatified customers regarding their sophmoric policies on orders, preorders and backorders. [/QUOTE

I understand your frustration (We are all in the same boat), but let me understand you punished Handspring by cancelling your discounted order, in order to pay full price at Cingular.
    No good deed goes unpunished
    Dude:
    I got a better deal by going to the Cingular store because they had better offers within their plans for a longtime customer, and it is in my posession now rather than having the top of my head to blow off from Handspring's idea of a dorm prank waiting for a status screen to change.

At least I was able to find an option that might not be available to everyone, but if you live in a large city, betcha there is a phone on a shelf somewhere waiting to go home with you at the same price that is being offered or better.
    I'm glad you're happy with your 'DEAL'.

Personally I couldn't justify paying $74.99 a month to Cingular for an unlimited internet plan while the same plan is available from T-mobile for $19.99 or $15.00 from Sprint.

Originally posted by JAWilson
    Dude:
    I got a better deal by going to the Cingular store because they had better offers within their plans for a longtime customer, and it is in my posession now rather than having the top of my head to blow off from Handspring's idea of a dorm prank waiting for a status screen to change.

At least I was able to find an option that might not be available to everyone, but if you live in a large city, betcha there is a phone on a shelf somewhere waiting to go home with you at the same price that is being offered or better.
    No good deed goes unpunished