Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1.    #1  
    Hi All

    Although nothing has officially changed since their is no 'FIRM' date announced for the GSM treo I thought the following information that I received from Tmobile today looks bleak.........

    ---------------------
    hi xxxxx
    the date is still toward the third week of november. the unit has not yet
    been aproved by our engineers. i will keep you upddated as soon as news come
    in.

    -----Original Message-----
    From: xxxxx
    Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 12:18 PM
    To: xxxxx
    Subject: GSM Treo 600, any additional information available?


    Hello xxxxxx,

    Do you have any additional information on availability for the GSM Treo 600?
    My last request for information about a month ago went unanswered.

    Thanks

    xxxxx
    Last edited by Prismatic; 11/12/2003 at 08:24 AM.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  2. BD1
    BD1 is offline
    BD1's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #2  
    I wonder what they are approving? I have been using an unlocked GSM T6 in the US on t-mobile for the last few weeks - including this post I have not had any problems. The treo 600 is terrific although I will buy a 320*320 as soon as it is available.
  3. #3  
    Has all my patience been for naught? I have been with these guys since voicestream. If it's not ready by the 24th (of Nov...2003)...ahhhhhhhsttttaaaalavistababy!! Hello Sprint, Cingular or whoever.
  4. j$hort's Avatar
    Posts
    203 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #4  
    ...Not going anywhere for a while....


    Order the cingular GSM version while you still can..
  5. #5  
    I am seeing posts that say the Cingular model is unlocked. Is this true?
  6. #6  
    yes it will...........
    I have detailed files.
  7. #7  
    Ok, I have a wild theory (its probably wrong).

    On the howard forums they have been talking about some unlimited free Tzones thing.. and that there is a way to browse the web on Tzones with a trick.

    Maybe Tmobile has some bug that lets people browse the internet free with tzones, and the Treo 600 can easily do that? What if the "software" problem with the treo they speak of isnt in the treo really, but in thier network system.

    Anyway... just a theory.
  8. #8  
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by Prismatic
    Hi All

    Although nothing has officially changed since their is no 'FIRM' date announced for the GSM treo I thought the following information that I received from Tmobile today looks bleak.........

    ---------------------
    hi xxxxx
    the date is still toward the third week of november. the unit has not yet
    been aproved by our engineers. i will keep you upddated as soon as news come
    in.

    -----Original Message-----
    Wrom: FDULH
    Sent: Monday, November 10, 2003 12:18 PM
    To: xxxxx
    Subject: GSM Treo 600, any additional information available?


    Hello xxxxxx,

    Do you have any additional information on availability for the GSM Treo 600?
    My last request for information about a month ago went unanswered.

    Thanks

    xxxxx


    Wow... neat .. I guess at T-Mobile they don't have to capitalize their sentences or spell "updated" correctly, eh?



  10. #10  
    I had tzones on a p800 and it worked fine to get the internet on the phone. I could go to any website I wanted without a problem...you dont need the unlimited internet if all the browsing you are going to be doing is on your phone. Even when I was talking to a tmo level 3 tech he told me the tzones only gets limited mobile web on every phone but the p800 (this is about 6 mos. ago). So just sign up for tzones and you should be alright.

    By the way....what is this rumor that you can get it for free? I looked on their website today and it said 4.99 for unlimited.
  11.    #11  
    Originally posted by BD1
    I wonder what they are approving? I have been using an unlocked GSM T6 in the US on t-mobile for the last few weeks - including this post I have not had any problems. The treo 600 is terrific although I will buy a 320*320 as soon as it is available.
    I wondered about this myself, all reports that I have seen (including yours) concur that the GSM 600's are working fine on the Tmobile network.

    Anyone?????????????
    No good deed goes unpunished
  12. #12  
    Originally posted by Prismatic


    I wondered about this myself, all reports that I have seen (including yours) concur that the GSM 600's are working fine on the Tmobile network.

    Anyone?????????????
    Unlocked/unbranded T600 GSM T-Mobile here in Los Angeles. No problem. Smooth sailing. In fact about 2X faster than my 270.

    I don't visit TMO sites so there is nothing I can add about TZones which never worked on my 270 anyway.
  13.    #13  
    Originally posted by H. V. Ranch




    Wow... neat .. I guess at T-Mobile they don't have to capitalize their sentences or spell "updated" correctly, eh?



    The quote from them was pasted directly from the email I received from the rep., I did no editing other than removing the name. As for the validity of the information who knows, nothing anyone has received has been terribly accurate.

    You can choose to believe the information or not, I can't help if the gentlemans spelling and punctuation isn't up to snuff.
    No good deed goes unpunished
  14. #14  
    Although it seems that the Cingular T600 will work if you use a T-Mo SIM, who will service the unit if it needs repair or replacement. When my 270 (which I bought directly from Handspring, unlocked) recently broke, Handspring transferred my call to T-Mo for replacement because I am a T-Mo subscriber. They verified my account and sent me a unit. What will happen if this occurs to "Cingularized" T600s used by T-Mo subscribers before T-Mo officially supports the T600?
  15. #15  
    Originally posted by boardoe
    Although it seems that the Cingular T600 will work if you use a T-Mo SIM, who will service the unit if it needs repair or replacement. When my 270 (which I bought directly from Handspring, unlocked) recently broke, Handspring transferred my call to T-Mo for replacement because I am a T-Mo subscriber. They verified my account and sent me a unit. What will happen if this occurs to "Cingularized" T600s used by T-Mo subscribers before T-Mo officially supports the T600?
    IIRC, T-Mo already "supports" the t600.

    Cheers.
  16. #16  
    Yeah, it seems many places supported the device before any were actually available for purchase.

    But anyway, I too had contacted T-Mobile regarding the Treo 600 since I have a broken Treo 180 that I was hoping to get some sort of trade-in or upgrade or something on. Here is my email and the response I got from T-Mobile, which of course doesn't answer my question (as usual). But at least it's some useful info:

    Customer - 11/11/2003 08:07 AM
    I have had the Handspring Treo 180 through T-Mobile since it came out (still VoiceStream at the time). My unit has been broken for months now (the speaker & mic do not work, I have to use a headset). When I called and asked about your replacement policy awhile back I was told that there was nothing you could do as you no longer carry the phone. I was wondering if this is truly the case, and if so, what deal can I get on an upgrade? I was interested in the Treo 600 and would like to know when it will be available. Thanks.

    Response (Michael) - 11/11/2003 03:40 PM
    Dear *******,
    Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Beginning November 22nd T-Mobile will begin supporting the Treo 600 device. At this time you will only be able to purchase this device through Handspring. For more information regarding this device, please visit the following link: http://www.handspring.com
    If you have any other comments, questions, or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

    Thank you for choosing T-Mobile.

    Sincerely,
    T-Mobile USA, Inc.
    Mike C.
    Web Services
  17. #17  
    BD1 and elysian9,

    Please elaborate on your experience with treo 600 on T-Mobile.

    How did you get your unlocked treo600 GSM? I've been using T-Mo with my 270 and I ordered my "cingular" treo 600 on Nov.3. I'm still waiting for it and am agonizing over whether or not I will lose anything by using the "cingular" version on T-Mo's network. Is your's a "cingular" treo? Did you use a 270 w/T-Mo prior to the 600? Is the reception/performance comparable or better/worse?
    Any other comments?

    Please, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

    Cheers!
  18. #18  
    Originally posted by vigneron
    BD1 and elysian9,

    Please elaborate on your experience with treo 600 on T-Mobile.

    How did you get your unlocked treo600 GSM? I've been using T-Mo with my 270 and I ordered my "cingular" treo 600 on Nov.3. I'm still waiting for it and am agonizing over whether or not I will lose anything by using the "cingular" version on T-Mo's network. Is your's a "cingular" treo? Did you use a 270 w/T-Mo prior to the 600? Is the reception/performance comparable or better/worse?
    Any other comments?

    Please, your feedback is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

    Cheers!
    My T600 is not Cingular, but, as I mentioned, unbranded/unlocked, purchased in Singapore. TMO reception/performance is excellent and faster when compared with my 270. Significantly so. I don't know anything about the Cingular T600, but word on the street is that it will not matter if you use TMO on it. Happy to answer further questions if I can.

    There is another thread on this elsewhere if you search it.
  19.    #19  
    Due to the many positive reports of using the GSM Treo 600 on the T-mobile network, I went ahead and ordered one today (Cingular).

    Check out this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...-t41118/s.html

    Here is a small excerpt.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by tcc
    Well, I tried using an AT&T simcard, a T-Mobile simcard, and of course, a Cingular simcard in the "Cingularized" GSM Treo 600 that I've been using:

    Well, T-Mobile Simcard
    Network Connections: "T-Mobile Internet", "T-Mobile VPN", and "T-Zones" Default homepage: I think it was the Handspring mobile site.

    I tried out the T-Mobile Internet and AWS GPRS connections. They both worked fine.

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    No good deed goes unpunished
  20. #20  
    elysian9,

    Thank you for the prompt reply. Its sounds like your quiet content using the Treo 600 on T-Mobile (as opposed to other GSM alternatives). How is battery life? Any other thoughts?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions