1.    #1  
    Hey All,
    Now that the AT&T version is available, I was wondering which data plan all you AT&T users will be selecting. I'm still 90% sure I'm bailing on AT&T for Sprint because of the $15 unlimited data, but was curious if any of you thougth the AT&T plans to be adequate for the price.

I just took a look at the AT&T site, and it seems you can get 40 megs for $60 per month, but I'm unclear as to how much voice you get with that, or if its somehow blended.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks,
    eKennedy
    Last edited by eKennedy; 11/10/2003 at 12:09 PM.
    ATT data plan sare completely separate from their voice plans. So the 39.99 plan has no voice with it. On the corollary, you can add a data plan to any voice plan without changing the length of your contract.
    Originally posted by eKennedy
    Hey All,
    Now that the AT&T version is available, I was wondering which data plan all you AT&T users will be selecting. I'm still 90% sure I'm bailing on AT&T for Sprint because of the $15 unlimited data, but was curious if any of you thougth the AT&T plans to be adequate for the price.

I just took a look at the AT&T site, and it seems you can get 40 megs for $60 per month, but I'm unclear as to how much voice you get with that, or if its somehow blended.

Thanks for your advice.

Thanks,
    eKennedy

That's insane!!! You can blow through 40 megs in a week!

this pretty much destroys at&t, cingular and t-mo's hopes of landing a fair amount of customers w/ the treo 600.
    sprint's $15 unlimited data plan splinters all the other competitors' plans!! I wonder if this problem will do one of two things :
    1) force at&t, cingular and t-mo to lower their data plans to become more competitive w/ sprint.

2) or force them to drop the treo 600s altogether of they can't get customers to buy the treos with them!
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    The reason I lean towards ATT is that they are the only carrier I get a signal with at my work area or near my home. Everywhere else it doesn't matter, I can get them all.

Sprint is the best deal if you have good coverage where you're at. $15 unlimited data.

I am getting Mmode on ATT for $19.99 per month for 8mb. That is a pretty good chunk of data if you browse with WAP. After the 8mb, it is 6/10 of a cent per 1kb. That equates to about $6 per mb.

If it were not for my coverage area, I would go with Sprint. I am not now using the Treo but have switched to the Tungsten T3 / T-616 combo.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    On my Palm TW, I barely use 10 megs a month. I check e-mail daily and do a little web browsing. But when it comes to full web capacities, I save that for my desktop.
    Between web browsing, checking and downloading e-mail, and taking and sending pictures; in the two weeks I've had my Sprint Treo 600 I've used 37MB.

Try Sprint with the Free and Clear America roaming package for $5 extra a month if you can get a digital CDMA signal at your house (i.e.: Verizon).

-M-