1.    #1  
    It has probably been posted a few thousand times, but here it is any way.

Dear Alex Barrios,

Thank you for contacting palmOne, formerly Handspring.
    We expect versions of the Treo 600 to be available with AT&T and T-Mobile sometime this Fall and also a generic, unlocked will be available for use with any provider. It is possible to use the Cingular Wireless version of Treo 600 on another GSM/GPRS network, however, the software for this device has been optimized to ensure optimal performance on the Cingular network. Customers who attempt to use this version on other GSM/GPRS networks may experience issues such as slower data rates. There are also several sections of the software that display Cingular branding that cannot be changed. We highly recommend that customers of other GSM/GPRS mobile service providers wait until your mobile service provider's certified version becomes available.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email or call 1-888-565-9393.

When will there be a treo 600 that can be used with T-Mobile? Should I use my serial # to upgrade with the Cingular version and keep my T-Mobile account? Would that work? Thanks.

Alex B.

Thank You,
    Summer
    palmOne formerly Handspring Customer Care
    when does fall end?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Originally posted by Felipe
    when does fall end?
    December 20
    I just called my local T-Mobile store and asked if they had heard anything about the Treo 600. Without hesitation, the rep told me that TMo wouldn't have it available in stores until after January 1, 2004. Rats!
    USR Pilot 5000 >> Treo 600
    Originally posted by MaddSam
    I just called my local T-Mobile store and asked if they had heard anything about the Treo 600. Without hesitation, the rep told me that TMo wouldn't have it available in stores until after January 1, 2004. Rats!
    If this is true, you can count on handspring not selling the tmobile branded T600 for several weeks after that.

This was the case for the Cingular & At&t branded treos, Cingular has had treos for sale for awhile now and the Cingular Pre-orders still have not started shipping and there has been reports of At&t treos for sale direct from their web site and no mention from Handspring.

I'm glad I decided not to wait for T-mobile and pre-ordered the Cingular GSM Treo. In almost every case regarding the Tmobile Treo 600, if you would have picked the worse possible senario, you would have been right, like 100% of the time.
    No good deed goes unpunished