1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there is a service provider that allows the use of their existing minutes to call Canada? My girlfriend works/lives in Toronto. I'm constantly calling Canada!

I currently have Sprint. For an extra $4/month and .13/minute you can call Canada.

I really want a full North American plan that would work in the states and in Canada. No extra fees. I would also like to travel to Canada and be able to make and receive calls to Canada/US, without extra fees.

Does anyone know of a provider that has this service offered? I've asked Sprint if they would include this as a seperate plan but they said not yet.

If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it! Does anyone frequently call Canada and would be in need of such a thing?

Satman
    Originally posted by Satman
    Does anyone know if there is a service provider that allows the use of their existing minutes to call Canada? My girlfriend works/lives in Toronto. I'm constantly calling Canada!

I currently have Sprint. For an extra $4/month and .13/minute you can call Canada.

I really want a full North American plan that would work in the states and in Canada. No extra fees. I would also like to travel to Canada and be able to make and receive calls to Canada/US, without extra fees.

Does anyone know of a provider that has this service offered? I've asked Sprint if they would include this as a seperate plan but they said not yet.

If anyone has any info, I would appreciate it! Does anyone frequently call Canada and would be in need of such a thing?

Satman

I believe ATT has a feature that you can add Canada. Last time i looked into it i think they said it was somewhere in the $20.00 range. Let me know i am interested also.
    Rogers AT&T has "Digital One rate", but I assume you don't want a Canadian carrier. AT&T Wireless must have something similar.

"For the frequent business traveller to the United States, a Digital One Rate Plan will greatly reduce and simplify your long distance calling expenses. All calls within Canada and through the greater part of the United States are local calls. No long distance charges or roaming fees. "
  4.    #4  
    Yes. ATT is one alternative.. I like the fact that I can goto Canada and make calls anywhere in North America with NO long distance or roaming charges.. Thats nice. That digital one rate plan is pricey!

Thanks for the info!
    Last edited by Satman; 11/07/2003 at 10:06 AM.
    Originally posted by Satman
    Yes. ATT is one alternative.. I like the fact that I can goto Canada and make calls anywhere in North America with NO long distance or roaming charges.. Thats nice. That digital one rate plan is pricey!

Thanks for the info!
    Did you get a rate from ATT? If you did can you tell me how much it is now?
  6.    #6  
    Its expensive.. Check out the website. Take the digital one rate plan and add $20/month for the Canadian calling plan. While in Canada making calls anywhere or in the States making calls anywhere (including Canada), they will deduct out of your plan minutes. No Roaming or long distance charges!

I don't mind paying the extra 20 bucks. Its those high prices for the digital one rate I don't like..

check it out..

http://www.attwireless.com/personal/...anpage=onerate[/URL]

ps. you could get the national plan but the coverage is so limited. I do a lot of driving so the digital one rate plan would be the way to go! Check out their coverage maps in the above URL.
    The $20 bucks is a great deal, but like you said there rates on the Digital plan are expensive. Right now I use Rogers in Canada and T-Mobile in the States.
  8.    #8  
    Would it be cheaper to go with ATT than having two carriers for you? You could consolidate and have one phone number! It might be good for you..

For me the 500 plan needs to drop to around the 50 dollar level for it to work.
    It would be great to only have one number, but now i have 800 minutes from Rogers and 1000 from T-mobile and for about the same amount of minutes I am paying a lot less then the ATT prices.
  10.    #10  
    I'm with you.. The digital one rate plans are WAY too much.. Hopefully their prices will drop when number portability comes out at the end of this month.

It gets pricey when you add data to the digital one rate plan + the 20 bucks for the Canadian calling plan. You might as well be dropping 200 bucks a month for the whole thing...

Looks like I'm sticking with Sprint for now..