1.    #1  
    I'm pondering gettin a 600 with Cingular although i've been waiting for t-mobile for a while. I can't be certain that the internet capabilities are the same for both. Can anyone tell me what the differences are? I get the feeling that Cingular internet is more limited that the others, is this true. I want to be able to view any website not just sites that arte made for the carrier, also not knowing how much data I will use I am scared of consistently going over the 5 or 10mb limit and then be locked in for 2 years.

Thanks for any input.
    Whynot just go with Tmobile. The phone should work just fine with Tmobile.

Tmobile offers unlimited (which you will want) for 19$.

I find the Tmobile plans to be better priced for my minutes range.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by farzonalmaneih
    Whynot just go with Tmobile. The phone should work just fine with Tmobile.

Tmobile offers unlimited (which you will want) for 19$.

I find the Tmobile plans to be better priced for my minutes range.
    The other thing is that since I have multiple services with SBC/Cingular i can get 20% off of my monthly rate plan on top of adding my wife for $10/mo. Plus I have to wait for T-mobile.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Kevpin

The other thing is that since I have multiple services with SBC/Cingular i can get 20% off of my monthly rate plan on top of adding my wife for $10/mo. Plus I have to wait for T-mobile.
    looks like ya just answered your own question!
    you could always call T-Mo and see if they offer a similar plan, seems as though carriers are awfully eager these days.
    what's wrong with waiting for T-Mo phone to magically appear?
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
  5.    #5  
    Actually my question is wether or not the Cingular internet is up to snuff or not. Can anybody tell me?
    There is no cap of 5-10MB for starters w/Cingular. You have unlimited data if you want, it'll just cost alot more money than it would with T-Mo. Cingular has data rate plans which include :

1MB $6.99
    5MB $14.99
    10MB $24.99
    20MB $34.99
    40MB $54.99
    Unlimited for $74.99

There are no differences in surfing the net w/Blazer from a Cingular 600 than there would be from a T-Mo 600. Whatever web sites Blazer will render, the 600 will render it whether it's Cing or T-Mo.

So to answer your question, yes it's up to snuff.......
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    There is no cap of 5-10MB for starters w/Cingular. You have unlimited data if you want, it'll just cost alot more money than it would with T-Mo. Cingular has data rate plans which include :

1MB $6.99
    5MB $14.99
    10MB $24.99
    20MB $34.99
    40MB $54.99
    Unlimited for $74.99

There are no differences in surfing the net w/Blazer from a Cingular 600 than there would be from a T-Mo 600. Whatever web sites Blazer will render, the 600 will render it whether it's Cing or T-Mo.

So to answer your question, yes it's up to snuff.......
    Thank you very much! That is ecaxtly what I wanted to know.

Now is 5 or 10 mb enough to surf ebay a couple times a day and check email or should I be looking for alot more?
    Global Posts
    265 Global Posts
    i use cingular, you can probably get by with 1mb if that is all you do. that being said you probably would feel a lot more secure with the 5 mb. that is what i use and have never come anywhere near that limit.
    morris stalk
    Originally posted by morrie
    i use cingular, you can probably get by with 1mb if that is all you do. that being said you probably would feel a lot more secure with the 5 mb. that is what i use and have never come anywhere near that limit.
    Exactly! Same here.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
  10.    #10  
    Thanks to all of you!