Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I'm in Southern CA, Riverside area and thought I would let others know that Vision service is down in the area with an error code 67 saying that your password or user ID is incorrect. I just got off the phone with Sprint teir 2 customer support and it is a known issue in the area.
    John
    hope it's up soon...not down in LA area.
    Working fine here in Anaheim Hills.
    working awesome in the northeast
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Still not working for me here in Riverside. IT was working just fine yesterday. I wonder if she knew what hse was talking about?
    John
    Originally posted by barjohn
    I'm in Southern CA, Riverside area and thought I would let others know that Vision service is down in the area with an error code 67 saying that your password or user ID is incorrect. I just got off the phone with Sprint teir 2 customer support and it is a known issue in the area.
    I've been having that same problem in Denver since Friday. Very frustrating.
    Calling Sprints CSRs is like spinning the roulette wheel, most of the time you get nothing, but every now and then you hit. I would call back and talk to someone else. More likely than not, you will back online within the next 15 minutes.
    BarJohn - if you're a new Sprint user, you may think that Vision is down everywhere, but you'll eventually realize that there can be a myriad of issues that might make it seem that Vision is 'down'. For us long-timers, we've seen that from time to time - a local tower issue, a data connection issue - any number of things.
    It's been better in recent months, but that error you see will happen from time to time. You'll often need to turn on/off again, or do a soft reset - or just wait; it could be anything.

(edited to add following note)
    Also - as others have said, calling Customer Service is of no use at all. If you search around in the Sprint300 forum, you'll find other similar posts and threads...
    Last edited by nrosser; 10/12/2003 at 02:59 PM.
    I had an issue where my phone couldn't connect in a 10 square mile section of town. I thought that the entire service was down - but accidentally realized the problem travelling on the highway.
    I have had the same problem since I got the 600 on Friday. I've called Sprint several times, and they say they can't provision any phones until they've finished some software upgrade this weekend. I'm pretty ticked off at them.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Well, I have been on the phone with teir two several times to no avail. They can't provision the phone due to some problems on their end. Resetting my user name and password on the phone connection doesn't seem to help either. He informs me that after 3 consecutive error 67s you get locked out for 20 minutes and that these lockouts are cumulative. Therefore I should wait for 2-3 hours and try again.

They really need to get their act together and be able to be back up in minutes, not hours or days.

Also, the story changes from rep to rep so as a customer you don't know what to believe.
    John
    Originally posted by barjohn
    Well, I have been on the phone with teir two several times to no avail. They can't provision the phone due to some problems on their end. Resetting my user name and password on the phone connection doesn't seem to help either. He informs me that after 3 consecutive error 67s you get locked out for 20 minutes and that these lockouts are cumulative. Therefore I should wait for 2-3 hours and try again.
    I've been told the same thing, and now they're saying to wait until 5pm MDT tomorrow. Good thing that I'm not paying for Vision yet, but it's still a *pain*.
    I've been able to get the phone to try and provision. I don't know if it was something the tech did, or if it happened because I changed my password.

However, when it tried to provision the first time, it said it was successful, and then I got the username/password error.

I was prompted to provision again, and it locked my Treo, which was solved by a soft reboot.

I've been prompted several more times, but when I try to provision, I now get an error saying there was a communication problem with the server.

Sprint picked a great weekend to do a software "upgrade".
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have waited several hours. Thought I would try again. This time I get an error 3000, service nto available. Then I did a soft reset and tried again. I even tried a hard reset. Nothing makes the coneection work. Therefore, I must conclude (since it was working fine yesterday) that it is a Sprint problem. They need a way to advise you when service is down. They also need to better train their folks.
    John
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Right after my last post, and after I restored from a backup the unit suddenly requested permission to provision for vision services. It went through the provisioning and gave an error 67 and then a congradulations message saying it was successfully provisioned. However, it still won't let me log on. May be the lcok out caused by three unsucessful tries previously. I will wait for an hour and try again.
    John
    Well now instead of Error 67 I'm getting something different...

"The requested URL could not be retrieved

*Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time."

yadayadayada

Should I take a new error as a sign of progress?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    A new day and same problem!!! What gives? If this continues these units are going back. (I have two). Sprint needs to get its Vision service working reliably. With AT&T's GPRS, the service seems to work 99% of the time if you can get a signal. In fact it will work where voice will not. Their problem is coverage and quality of coverage.

I will try again going through the hassles of customer support.
    John
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Tried again-no joy Got a more knowledgeable rep, he had me enter ##774 this brings up a screen where you enter a passcode and reset to default. It then forces a reprovisioning of the phone. Then he checked and verified that it sent me 4 files needed on the device. Still got an error 67. Then he reset my password and triggered a reprovisioning of my phone. Another error 67. He had me do a soft reset-another error 67. That he said locked out my phone. Of course Sprint doesn't give them a tool to override the lockout so I am stuck waiting for up to 2 hours for the lockout to clear.

Why doesn't Sprint give their technicians the ability to clear a lockout and work with you until the problem is resolved??? This is both frustrating and stupid. He said until very recently they wouldn't give them the tools to force a reprovisioning. Why would they want to have technical support people that can't do anything to solve problems?

If anyone from Sprint is reading this post send me a PM I would like to know the rationale for such policy.
    John
    My Vision was working on my T600 for a couple of days but then I changed my username on the sprint web site. Shortly there after my vision stopped working. (I am in Illinois)

I have talked with tier 2 (the highest level) 4 times and they can't seem to figure out what is wrong. They have had me reset the unit (##774), re-provision it, hard reset it, soft reset it, some with prpset 01 , and they are now trying to suspend my data services in hopes that will fix the problem. They have not mentioned anything about the vision services being upgraded or anything. The phone works fine, just the vision services. I would have sent it back by now if the Vision had not worked at all, but it did when i first got it.

If any one gets this fixed PLEASE post the solution. I think some of us have found some bug/glitch in the system Sprint has not seen before. They aren't real good at spreading the word on fixes.
    I <may> have gone through the same thing, albeit with a different outcome.

I also changed something on the web site, which resulted in a vision connection problem. I changed my password, since I couldn't remember the old one. Here's how my process went, with an ultimate good result, step by step:

1. Went onto the web site, could not remember password for the Vision side, changed it.
    2. Went onto my Treo, in network prefs (Prefs/Network), hit 'Modify', changed the Password to be the same as what I had put in the web side.
    (and 2 and 3 might have been reversed in order - they happened at about the same time)
    3. My Treo rec'd a 'network settings update' notice thing - I let it do its thing. Seemed like it powered on and powered off, and then reconnected to Sprint provisioning (kind of like when I first activated the device). The phone appeared to do whatever it should have been doing, all fine. But - when it tried to connect to the data side, I got the same Error 67 - User name and password thing. Note that I'd seen this before, under different circumstances, and was not concerned about seeing that error. In previous situations, it's gone away on its own. So fine, I'm thinking.
    4. I wait a little bit - maybe 10/15 minutes. Try to connect to the data side again - same error 67. 2 or 3 more tries give me the same thing. A little perturbed now.
    5. Call into CS - they tell me to wait for the network to catch up to the password change I made on the web - that password has to be passed around to all the various sites.
    6. I wait about 10 more minutes. Still error 67.
    7. Back to the website, to make another password change, JUST to be sure. I also make the password change on the Treo, again, to keep them in sync.
    8. I wait about 30 minutes - log into the data side just fine. All good and working as it should be.

So - for all the stories I see here - have you guys gone into your Treos and changed your settings (user name/password) to match what you put on the web? That might be a key item.

See what you think.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast