Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by barjohn
    Teir 2 claims that by 11:00PM central time all of the provisioning/authentication servers should be back up.
    I heard the same thing, although it was midnight CDT, 11pm MDT.

Two hours and then we'll know for sure.
    Called a tech and he had me reprovision vision and says to give it 20 minutes due to the lock out.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I finally got it working!!!

I hope it stays working for a while so I can try some other things out. I hope the rest of you are having some luck too.
    John

I hope it stays working for a while so I can try some other things out. I hope the rest of you are having some luck too.
    Me too!

Still down! About to go ballistic. Anyone else still having the problem?
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    One clue I got from a rep last night was that you can't have the same password on your web site access to sprint as the password you set for the phone. I'm not sure if this was the total problem because earlier I did change it earlier to the password I am using now and it didn't work (but that may have been due to the provisioning problem and the password not actually going through). Anyway, I went to the site after midnight cnetral time and it let me change my password. It then sent a provisioning signal to my phone and it started working after the provisioning completed.

If what he told me is true they need to add a warning to the password change screen not to set it to the same password as used to access and log on to the site.

I hope this helps some of the rest of you.
    John
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Dallas, TX - having the same problem here too!
    I've used the same password ever since I got my treo300 over a year ago, always with no problems, so....who knows...
    I still can't access my Sprint mail from the T600 using Snappermail. I can access other POP mail with it, and I can see my email on the Sprint web site.

I can access Vision for web access etc., though.
    Still not having luck, changed my password and I no longer get the 67 error, just that it says data network is down.
    Originally posted by recordond
    Still not having luck, changed my password and I no longer get the 67 error, just that it says data network is down.
    If you're referring to Error 3000, one of the (many) techs that I've spoken to tells me that means that the server timed-out.
    Was still down this morning, but I tried setting my password again on the website. A minute or 2 later (after changing it in the phone also), everything was working.

Looks like web provisioning is now working (at least for me).
    Northern CA...Couldn't provision last night (Error 67, Unknown Error). This morning provisioned without a hiccup. Maybe the system is running smoothly again.
    Originally posted by scrinch
    Northern CA...Couldn't provision last night (Error 67, Unknown Error). This morning provisioned without a hiccup. Maybe the system is running smoothly again.
    Not in CO. Perhaps I should move?
    Sprint CS told me there was a nationwide network problem, apparently something to do with upgrades, that kept the system from authenticating individual vision customers (the dreaded error 67). There was an ongoing network "push" of a "patch" to individual machines every two hours or so, he said. Mine finally went back online early this afternoon.
    Unfortunately for my case in Chicago, the account rebuild yesterday was unsuccessful. Topping off the 67 errors, the account name in Sprint's database and the web site are still different. L2 tech is now completing a trouble ticket for me -- 5th call today for her. So we'll see what the tech who gets this says on callback (within 72 hrs)...

Switching to Sprint is truly losing its appeal. I guess we'll see what happens first, Sprint fixes vision or HS releases GSM
    it's up! I feel whole again posting from my 600!
    Teir 2 claims that by 11:00PM central time all of the provisioning/authentication servers should be back up. Apparently, they decided to do an upgrade this weekend and ran into unexpected problems. Makes me wonder about their IT department.

Normally, one would test in a local area first, then if problems were apparent, roll back to the previous version until they figured out what was causing the problem. It seems, that despite finding problems they decided to continue the roll-out.

Let's see if they were BSing me with the 11 central time.
    It's still down as of 10/15, 10AM CST

It's amazing how they can't get their crap together....very frustrating...
    Originally posted by Dalai Lama
    Sprint CS told me there was a nationwide network problem, apparently something to do with upgrades, that kept the system from authenticating individual vision customers (the dreaded error 67). There was an ongoing network "push" of a "patch" to individual machines every two hours or so, he said. Mine finally went back online early this afternoon.

Glad to hear yours finally worked.

After over 4 days, I'm still sitting on my thumbs.

Message to Sprint: this little boondoggle has shown me you are not ready for primetime; your internal processes are horrendous.
    I've been a customer for over seven years, and this is way out of the norm.

And it's costing you too. $1.2M per year, to be precise. (and some sales reps is losing that commission). I was planning on switching my company over to Sprint wireless (plus other services) this month...roughly 1,000 employeee, at $100 a month. That's $100,000 per month or $1,200,000 per year. Not a small amount.

But after this fiasco, I've decided to halt that process.
    I couldn't have my people disconnected for this long, or spending this much time with tech support.

Business sales rep: Take this to your management - let them see what they are losing, and the competition is gaining.
    I too will be taking my business elsewhere, just not as much I called to check status of my trouble ticket just now - it has not even been looked at yet. So I gave an ultimatum - fix it by noon tomorrow or cancel the contract.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast